PS3 with different region PSN accounts

This is a discussion on PS3 with different region PSN accounts within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Wondering if any members can give me a answer on this. I have a UK PS3. My master account is ...

PRO Member

PS3 with different region PSN accounts

Wondering if any members can give me a answer on this.

I have a UK PS3. My master account is linked to the UK PSN store, My next account is my wife's account and its also linked to the UK PSN store. I know I can still use this account even though I don't live in UK now and I still have a bank account in the UK so I can buy anything I want off it.

However since I moved to the USA I have been buying US PS3 games and playing them on my system. I know DLC from the UK store won't work on US games. When I bought Warhammer 40k Space Marine in the US I had to enter the multiplayer code on my US PSN account and then switch back to my master UK account to play freely online with it. I want to continue buying US games as I don't want to pay for games to be shipped from the UK to the US.

I have tried to register my US bank account details on this US PSN account but for some reason it won't let me add them.
    I'm guessing that it won't let me add this bank details because its not the master account on the system?
    Also if I'm unable to register my US bank details with this account will I be able to buy a $20 PSN card and add funds to this account without any problems?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.

illegal in 9 countries

Do you mean US bank a/c or US credit card? I'd call Playstation support and ask them about your specific bank.

You shouldn't have any problems using US PSN cards on the USA account. My main is Australian and I used a US PSN card on my US account a week ago. I've also used UK PSN cards on my UK account in the past.

PRO Member

I tried my US bank card and US credit card and it would not accept them. I may just get a US PSN card and try that.

Lvl 9 - Gold

As ant said, everything should work. US PSN card for a US account, etc. But this...

Quote Originally Posted by thirtle1705 View Post
    However since I moved to the USA I have been buying US PS3 games and playing them on my system. I know DLC from the UK store won't work on US games. When I bought Warhammer 40k Space Marine in the US I had to enter the multiplayer code on my US PSN account and then switch back to my master UK account to play freely online with it. I want to continue buying US games as I don't want to pay for games to be shipped from the UK to the US.
    That's fine with most games. But there are a few games like White Knight Chronicles 2, where you must buy the region game you live in, or find a code for your region's account because the online code is attached to the account you use it on and it will only let you play online with that account.

PRO Member

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

PRO Member

I finally got my card to register on my US account. I had to speak with Sony Customer support to get it done.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Good to hear your issue is fixed, see ya
    Signature Provided By Djunglist