Your hardest ps3 non-platinum trophies

This is a discussion on Your hardest ps3 non-platinum trophies within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; A s we are all trophy hunters ourselves, we all once wondered on how come that one trophy should have ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Your hardest ps3 non-platinum trophies

A
    s we are all trophy hunters ourselves, we all once wondered on how come that one trophy should have been a Platinum based on difficulty and time consumption it was only just a bronze, silver, or gold. Based on some research, i decided to make this thread available to those who like to share their own experiences on non-platinum trophies. Of course a platinum is only earned when all other trophies are earned, but that one trophy will determine ones eligibily to obtain that shiny platinum to the collection.

Now, what may seem difficult to some might not be for others. so only post on what you came across during your gameplay.

My top 3 toughest non-platinum trophies

Max Payne 3 -
    The Shadows Rushed Me
    For those who have played Max Payne 3 and attempted to platinum, this trophy will make or break you.
    Criteria : complete the game in one sitting on NY minute hardcore. this trophy has only been obtained by 817 out of 44,067 PSN players. Dying once results in starting all over.

Backbreaker - Parting Wave
    At #2 hardest non-platinum trophy i give you parting wave.
    Criteria: complete Tackle Alley mode in one sitting. once one past wave level 25, this trophy will require patience and time and some serious commitment. with just a 2.1% accomplish rate for a football game, i let that do the talking.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Sounds of the Battlefield
    I rate this trophy at my #3. due to the fact that this trophy requires 8-9 playthroughs just to obtain 40 emblems in return to reward you with the last and final ipod track. the big boss emblem run will prevent many in obtaining this m************ of a trophy. the rest of the playthroughs become quite easy but just replaying the game 9 times seperates the men from the boys
    Last edited by ALL-HAIL-LEADER; 5 Days Ago at 01:59 PM.

Vacation - 26th September

Max Payne 3 - NYM Hardcore 6th attempt in under chapter 11 then freeze! One day I'll try if I am free from long work.

Avatar & GDT bar made by djunglist / Signature made by dsluckay / PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Game Forum Managers

Quote Originally Posted by ALL-HAIL-LEADER View Post
    Backbreaker - Parting Wave
    At #2 hardest non-platinum trophy i give you parting wave.
    Criteria: complete Tackle Alley mode in one sitting. once one past wave level 25, this trophy will require patience and time and some serious commitment. with just a 2.1% accomplish rate for a football game, i let that do the talking.
    I will go ahead and concur the difficulty of this trophy. I remember trying this game and was going to get Tackle Alley out of the way first.

I had two attempts at this. First attempt I made it to wave 98 after numerous hours of trying. Second attempt I was a bit more ready and after 3 hours I made it to wave 100 (The final wave) with about 90 retries saved up. Needless to say I don't have the trophy and I rage quit the game.

O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    I will go ahead and concur the difficulty of this trophy. I remember trying this game and was going to get Tackle Alley out of the way first.

I had two attempts at this. First attempt I made it to wave 98 after numerous hours of trying. Second attempt I was a bit more ready and after 3 hours I made it to wave 100 (The final wave) with about 90 retries saved up. Needless to say I don't have the trophy and I rage quit the game.
    So that's how you got broken.

I'd say;

Rocksmith - Giant! (0.92%)
    Beat 2,000,000 points in the Guitarcade game: Big Swing Baseball

This mini-game, or practially every mini-game from Rocksmith for that matter, has next to nothing when it comes to instructions.

It'll teach newcomers to play guitar, but not how to play it's 'fun' practice tools.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

this one.

I Will Survive (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled) - PS3Trophies

it always gives me nightmares... i hate cement man... so dang cheap that he hurts you when he moves on the ground in the old arcade game he does not do that... i did beat him once got to neon night riders and died there.

Lvl 6 - Silver

for me it must have been the trophy in LA Noire that you get once you drive all type of cars. it isn't a difficult trophy perse but it took me so long as i couldnt find 2 cars

Lvl 5 - Silver

that genhis khan!! trophy is insane helix, damn bro i feel your pain

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by ALL-HAIL-LEADER View Post
    that genhis khan!! trophy is insane helix, damn bro i feel your pain
    As far as I know, there's still only 26 people to have that trophy. I'm currently listed as the 12th person to earn the trophy.

Kinda odd, since we have this guide and all Deadliest Warrior: Legends Trophy Guide - PS3 Trophies Forum

Plats-O'-War!!

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2:
    -All Team Missions Complete
    Took me 4+ years to finally nail this one (reason being that my old PS3 caught "instant aids" YLOD and I had to start all the way over from scratch, meaning all my online progress, and my SP progress was gone. Plus I took a year off from attempting this . It also didn't help that the online was laggy as hell

Tom Clancy's HAWX:
    -Sitting Ducks
    - Requirement: Kill 2 enemies with Multi Target AA missiles while they are affected by your EMP strike. This requires a ton of luck to do. BUT, I got super lucky and got this on my 1st try!

Grid 2:
    -Gone in 60 seconds
    -Requirement: You completed a lap of Chicago - Wabash Run driving the Ford Mustang Mach 1 in less than 60 seconds.
    A luck based trophy that I couldn't STAND!!! It took me numerous attempts to finally nail this bitch, and all I had to do was go online, upgrade the damn car to a tier 2, and raced online til I got it.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Move Fitness - On The Top!
    Requires to be #1 in the online highscore for any exercise (either exercise points or calories).

GTA IV - Endangered Species
    Requires to shoot all 200 pidgeons found in the game, some of them took me several minutes to find even with exact location on mini map and a screenshot.

Dungeon Defenders - Catch 'em All

Requires to collect all 15 types of pets. The hidden reason it's hard is because you have to finish the final boss level with all classes to obtain all pets and that's pretty tough unless you have very skilled friends.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2:
    Took me 4+ years to finally nail this one (reason being that my old PS3 caught "instant aids" YLOD and I had to start all the way over from scratch, meaning all my online progress, and my SP progress was gone. Plus I took a year off from attempting this . It also didn't help that the online was laggy as hell

Tom Clancy's HAWX:
    -Sitting Ducks
    - Requirement: Kill 2 enemies with Multi Target AA missiles while they are affected by your EMP strike. This requires a ton of luck to do. BUT, I got super lucky and got this on my 1st try!

Grid 2:
    -Gone in 60 seconds
    -Requirement: You completed a lap of Chicago - Wabash Run driving the Ford Mustang Mach 1 in less than 60 seconds.
    A luck based trophy that I couldn't STAND!!! It took me numerous attempts to finally nail this bitch, and all I had to do was go online, upgrade the damn car to a tier 2, and raced online til I got it.
    Damn, its crazy on how a trophy can make people go into a game break, but i feel you though, when i finally obtained the sounds of the battlefield trophy on MGS 4, i stopped trophy hunting for 5 months.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Catherine - The Golden Child. Beating Thomas Mutton on Hard Mode, in a single run, and collecting every bit of gold without dying was a truly horrible, tortuous experience.

Grand Theft Auto V - Above The Law. I thought this would be fun considering how fun the multiplayer looked in the reveal trailer. I was wrong.

Borderlands 2 - Challenge Accepted. This trophy only gave me trouble because of one challenge. Leroy Jenkins. That little bastard can suck it.

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawsToTheEnd View Post

Toggle Spoiler

Grand Theft Auto V - Above The Law. I thought this would be fun considering how fun the multiplayer looked in the reveal trailer. I was wrong.
    Dat link...

as for mine.. I honestly don't know and i don't remember most of my trophies. But it would probably be from Split/Second, beat the team
    It's just a flesh wound.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by FancyJesse View Post
    Dat link...

as for mine.. I honestly don't know and i don't remember most of my trophies. But it would probably be from Split/Second, beat the team
    What the hell? No idea how that happened. Oh well. Got rid of it.

worlds biggest welch fan

- Star Ocean The Last Hope- Worlds biggest Welch fan . This trophy took a lot of planning and organization to do, plus beating EQ 5 times for her feathers to make the final items, 321 items in total . To top it off, I lost 70 hours of saved data and had start all over. I'm @ 375 hours with 82% complete, but the platinum is out of my reach the battle trophies are you know . Getting 100% in joe Danger was one hell of a challenge too. over and out trophy slayers to a good Thursday
    SIG BY ME

FFXIII Plat #35 trophy #5,000 goal reached

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawsToTheEnd View Post
    Catherine - The Golden Child. Beating Thomas Mutton on Hard Mode, in a single run, and collecting every bit of gold without dying was a truly horrible, tortuous experience.

Borderlands 2 - Challenge Accepted. This trophy only gave me trouble because of one challenge. Leroy Jenkins. That little bastard can suck it.
    HAHAHA yea man the challenge accepted and GTA i feel you. GTA online is not what we all imagined. i still have not played a TDM on GTA Online. i just keep replaying story missions. someday i will earn that trophy

Lvl 3 - Bronze

GTA IV: Wanted and AWP. Maybe they weren't hard, but they were long, boring and tedious. AWP was prone to glitches. And both trophies were briefly unobtainable due to the recent Gamespy server shutdowns, not that that affected me.

MLB 10: The Show: Hamilwho?. That trophy took me over a year to obtain. Hundreds, possibly thousands of attempts to get it.

Killzone: Shadow Fall - Jack Of All Trades. That is the trophy that nearly broke me.

WWE '13 - King Of The World. Another trophy that nearly broke me. Well, truth be told I don't actually have this one (yet). I got to Rank 10, and shortly after getting the trophy for that, my online rank was reset by the absolutely horrible servers. I was devastated, and pretty much gave up on going for it again. But with the servers shutting down soon, I'm going to give it one last try before WWE '13 joins Ghostbusters in my impossible to platinum club.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2:

[/QUOTE]

That's my road block for getting this plat. Hell, the ONLY mission I have left is the one where u fight 4 bosses at once. Is anyone ANYONE able to help me out?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The chocobo rider trophy in Final Fantasy X gave me endless hell for over a week.
    The trophy for completing DS2 on hardcore also was extremely hard for me as I panic a lot.