Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

PS3 Games With Engaging Story

This is a discussion on PS3 Games With Engaging Story within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by BZA is still good if i dont play the first?. damn i just want to find a ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by BZA View Post
    is still good if i dont play the first?.

damn i just want to find a game, stupid silent hill downpour =(
    If you buy it new it comes with an interactive comic that pretty much sums up the first game. It still has a fantastic story though.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilsminion View Post
    God of War had a great story if your into greek mythology at all, You know just cause somethings not to your liking does mean you should hate it, I mean come on Jazz isnt my thing but at least I recognize some people enjoy that type of music. First really great story I think of is Bio Shock that was amazing story
    I'm sure you know that God of War's intention isn't to inform people about greek mythology, right? I would call it a parody more than anything else. Everything is in a excessive way(remember that huge naked fat woman, in GOW2 I guess, whose name I can't remember in English?) and by no mean the game follows the original mythology... I bet my ps3 that nobody is playing this game because of the relation it has with greek mythology

*You haven't played Mass Effect 2? Hurry up. This is your last chance

Neither me has played the first one, but as someone mentioned, it comes with an interactive comic that somehow "fills the hole"
    Awesome signature made by Athena

Lvl 6 - Silver

i believe theres a demo u can download on ps store for mass effect 2? id go with that before u actually get it, as i myself wasnt too fond of it. as for gow dropping f bombs? thats a first lol. as far as story goes, uncharted series were best by far...cant think of anything ive played with a good engaging story. wait for skyrim to come out? lol

A plat a month!

FFXIII Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3, Heavy Rain are a few titles that come to mind.

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Assassin's Creed 2 and brotherhood, the story is actually engaging and makes the first look shit.
    Portal 2
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

BZA
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

i guess im expecting to much on a game, guess never going to have a story like Silent Hill 2 or Persona 3.

i agree that uncharted has nice story but its like a good action movie, maybe im done with games,i cant get the feeling of an epic game again =(
    [Platinums: Infamous, Infamous 2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City, Rage, Catherine.]

]

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Because it's a story for a teenager-20something male that enjoys explosions, f bombs, and dismemberment and confuses those with "story."

If story heavy titles are your fair, Red Dead Redemption, Heavy Rain, L.A. Noire, Valkyria Chronicles, and Bioshock are the cream of cream of the crop in terms of story, having all the necessary ingredients of script, delivery, characters, and environment to deliver in spades.

I wouldn't touch a Metal Gear Solid title unless you played them all, and even then the story is a very murky discombobulated mess at times that leaves you scratching your head, or wanting more than what the games deliver.

i'll second Bioshock - great story, and i'm not even a fan of first person shooters, but this one was fun. I also second the opinion on Metal Gear - don't jump in on the last game if you haven't played any of the others.

Everyone Loves Candy

I say the Uncharted games and Catherine. I liked Catherine pretty good story.
    Hi Mom!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Game's with great story?

Mass Effect 2 (one of the best)
    Red Dead Redemption

Also recommend:
    L. A. Noire
    Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood/Revelations (Ezio Trilogy)
    Dead Space 1-2 (good story, awesome environment, the best REAL survival-horror game ever, not a bunch of massacre like Resident Evil 5)
    Metal Gear Solid Games (MGS4 & soon MGS HD Trilogy

BZA
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Redslayer76 View Post
    I say the Uncharted games and Catherine. I liked Catherine pretty good story.
    i have platinum in catherine
    [Platinums: Infamous, Infamous 2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City, Rage, Catherine.]

]

PRO Member

already play Infamous series and Uncharted series, assasin creed the first one doesnt like it, and metal gear do i need to play the firsts?
    I did not like AC part one either...way too repetitive, but the second one really has a great storyline...i really suggest you give it a go!

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by iToxicityHD View Post
    Wow, nobody has said this one yet:
    Mass Effect 2.
    Fantastic story.
    When I was reading through the comments I too was surprised nobody mentioned ME2. One of the best games available and you really should play it.

is still good if i dont play the first?.
    Like others have said, ME2 comes with an interactive comic that fills you in on what happened during the first game. Another great choice in my opinion is Bioshock. Both ME2 and Bioshock I'd rate 10/10. Both are amazing games.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Deus Ex Human Revolution, God of War series, Uncharted series, Assassins Creed series all worth buying and having in ur collection.

No Matter What

No one has mentioned Bioshock yet!? That game has awesome innovative gameplay, which is very rare in gaming today. The story/plot and atmosphere is creepy and unique! It should keep you hooked till the end. The game has epic graphics for coming out four years ago. The game also has nice sound track from the 30's, 40's, and 50's.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

BZA
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    No one has mentioned Bioshock yet!? That game has awesome innovative gameplay, which is very rare in gaming today. The story/plot and atmosphere is creepy and unique! It should keep you hooked till the end. The game has epic graphics for coming out four years ago. The game also has nice sound track from the 30's, 40's, and 50's.
    is Bioshock a Survival Horror?

]

No Matter What

It's an Action Survival Horror game. It's pretty big on the horror factor from what I've seen/played. It also has some RPG features.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioShock

Also to get a vibe of the game you can download the demo and watch some trailers.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

uncharted 2, assassins creed 2, metal gear solid 4 (has no trophies tho)
    best 3 choices
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Heavy Rain

PRO Member

I am going to exclude Uncharted and Infamous since you've said you played those games, but they should also be on this list. I find it hard to believe MGS4 is this liked story-wise, its an incoherent, wordy mess.

Mass Effect 2 - Probably one of the best stories in a game, atleast of the current generation. Doesn't have a whole lot to do with the previous title (what you need to know will be explained).

Valkyria Chronicles - This game defines under-rated. Has been largely ignored because it has no trophies and that is pathetic on the part of the PS3 community. This game features brilliant and unique gameplay as well as an incredibly engaging story very reminicent of old-school WW2 tales with a japanese twist.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Not only one of the best stories in a game, but easily one of the best games of this generation. HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHGLY recommended by me.

Dead Space 1 & 2 - Classic Horror/Thriller stories, while the stories themselves are relatively simple... The atmosphere of the game puts the whole story into overdrive. These games define the word "tension."

Heavy Rain - A risky game by Quantic Dream, it is an interactive story. One that is well worth playing. Its a flat out amazing title.

Bioshock 1 & 2 - A very interesting set of titles, both are well worth playing. The two have nothing to do with each-other so you can play them out of order.

Final Fantasy XIII - The story doesn't start picking up until the 7th or 8th Chapter, but once you hit this point it is incredibly interesting all the way to the end.

The Orange Box - Its 20 bucks on Amazon. 4 of the 5 games in it are flipping awesome. Get this then get...

Portal 2 - An unconventional story, but very fun nonetheless. I'm in Space.

Stacking - Its all silent, but its a fun short story.

ICO/SotC Collection - Both games have unconventional stories, but both games are very engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    LOL you've got to be joking.
    I'd recommend Nier, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West and maybe Siren: Blood Curse if you want survival horror.
    You bash him then mention those games? Youre the one who should be laughed at.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Mr. X

Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    Assassin's Credd II is a far-sight improvement of the first that you WILL regret missing out on, and as for MGS4 (the best game ever ), you don't really need to know the full backstory. I didn't at all.
    I'm actually suprised you could get anything from that game without playing the others. I struggled and I've played all the games in the series.

Someone else has already mentioned it but I was shocked that I forgot it. Bioshock, simply one of the best examples of story in games. Ignore number 2 though, it's good but it doesn't have the same pull that the first game has.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast