My Gaming Drive Problem

This is a discussion on My Gaming Drive Problem within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I have just realised I might not have the drive for my PS3 anymore - I pick up FIFA, load ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

My Gaming Drive Problem

I have just realised I might not have the drive for my PS3 anymore

- I pick up FIFA, load it, and think I cba.
    - I pick up F1 2011, and realise the online is crap, more like Mario Kart and quit that.
    - I look for MK, and GTA IV and think, I have already been there done that.
    - I go on the PS Store to see more crap than I have seen ever, I can't remember my last purchase on that store.
    - My Final Resort and that fails to entertain me.

Half an Hour before I turn 20, is this the beginning of the end?

I do not seen any games that jump out at me in the next year or so, except FFX HD but is that in the next year.

Any Suggestions?

I love Gaming, but it is starting to loose its mojo.

Me & Ming @ The Stash

If none of the upcoming titles coming out don't interest you, then you either are real picky when it comes to games, or maybe your burned out on playing right now.

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Black Queen Style

My problem is my social life. If it's not work it's my non-gaming friends getting me out of the house. But when I finally do sit down with that controller in my hand it's on! XD

It sounds like you're just in gaming limbo due to recent titles not interesting you. Go out on a limb maybe and try something different. Maybe even something without trophies like DMC or Afro Samurai. Entertaining storylines both.

If not that then maybe you're just burned out.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Don't worry, don't play games for about a week or so, that's what I did, simply because I felt like I had to force myself to play my PS3. Take a week or two off, chill with friends, have fun, go to a movie, meet a girl, anything that isn't gaming related. After the week or so, you will love all those games.

I thought I was done with video games because of my situation I stated above, I didn't sign in for about 24 days, when I signed on all my friends greeted me, and then played a quick game of Black Ops with them, and then played Mass Effect 2.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

yeah i went thru that faze a month ago after I platted madden

Last night tho I was playin ace combat. was giddy like a school girl blowin up terrorists as a helicopter side gunner
    The battlefeild 3 beta helped, but Ea shut it off.
    I would try ace combat the game is just fun I give the game a thumbs up. also they say the plat is near impossible and no one has it
    Besides less than a month we get for games im ready to play Skyrim, battlefeild 3, MW3, and U3

Lvl 7 - Gold

I suppose I will try the suggestions.

iToxic, you wouldn't want to meet a girl in my area

Friends for a for two/three nights for my 20th it is I guess.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I hate this feeling that I am currently going threw right now as well. Although after not playing anything for a long while I am starting to play God of War Origins more & more while actually enjoying working for a plat.

I have millions of games in my collection & nothing has been entertaining lately. I am 19 years old & hope it's not my final moments.. but knowing Uncharted 3 is around the corner sounds soothing but I just don't get pumped like when I was a kid..

Back in the day I would be jumping off the walls & dreaming in my sleep for the upcoming game.. as of today it's like oh, whenever I get some dough I'll drop by the store..

I hate it but again I hope I never lose my passion..

Anyways, suggestion for you is to take a long rest. Let your PS3 sit around. & your own mind will let you know if you're ready or not to pick up a game.

EDIT: also during my sad time I've owned ACB since June & to this day I haven't even touched it.. which is part of my scare cause I love AC games.. but as I said I'm easing my way back in with GOW so hopefully will find it's way to me.
    Last edited by Chaotically-Epic; 10-18-2011 at 01:54 AM.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

brah, i think every gamer has their highs and lows. im sort of going through it right now. just take breaks and youll be fine

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Agreed! We all get highs and lows..Hell I've even experienced it with concerts haha. I used to go to a local show damn near every weekend. Now its 2 -3x a month. Take a break from things, try something new and then come back to it. I don't find many of the upcoming titles appealing (except Rocksmith, War in The North, NeverDead). Pre order a new game..that generally gets the excitement flowing!)
    All credit goes to Athena
    Got last.fm? http://www.last.fm/user/Metal_Queen666
    All credit goes to Auburn

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

maybe you should talk to your doctor to see if you have LGD (Low Gaming Disorder)
    he could write you a prescription

if your not looking forward to uncharted 3, assassins creed revelations, batman arkham city, saint row the third, MW3, BF3, NFS the run, then you my friend have lost all purpose in gaming and should just be a librarian
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 7 - Gold

Perhaps you need a Latverian call girl to help you forget those gaming related problems. Or Doom can offer you sweet, sweet release.

In Latveria they're no Lawyers....Just corpses.

Nah dude just take a break from gaming, eventually something will come by and pull you back in. It was Street Fighter IV that pulled me back in after I quit playing my ps3 for a LONG time. I grew to hate the game but I'm still playing games now.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Take a break dude. It's happened to me. You'll slip back into it.

Huge Gaming Backlog

I personally have gone off gaming a few of times. I've just got back into it the last month after about nine months break. Now that I've started playing again I wonder how I went so long without it. A good break is all you need.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've been feeling the same way for a while. It just means you're getting old lol

Prometheus stole fire from Zeus, I'm stealing his thunder

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by RedBullLordy View Post
    I have just realised I might not have the drive for my PS3 anymore

Any Suggestions?

I love Gaming, but it is starting to loose its mojo.
    Just take a short break for a while, buddy; a couple of weeks, or maybe a month. I've done that a few times whenever I've burned myself out by playing a game or games relentlessly. I've gone out with friends, or participated in non-gaming activities that took my mind off of gaming. Try doing the same, and see how you feel after a month or so.

Don't abandon it completely, though - you and I still need to wrap up those Worms matches!

PRO Member

take a break, go out have some with your friends read do anything just don't game for a bit, too much of any good thing becomes a bad thing and then when you do start playing do not lots of everyday just about 2 hrs and try and do other activities.

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)