Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Batman AC or Dark Souls?

This is a discussion on Batman AC or Dark Souls? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey all, I'm debating wether or not I should get Dark Souls or Batman AC. I'm a hardcore gamer, and ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Batman AC or Dark Souls?

Hey all, I'm debating wether or not I should get Dark Souls or Batman AC. I'm a hardcore gamer, and would greatly appreciate the difficutly of dark souls, (liked demons souls a lot) but i also liked batman AA a lot, basically it more or less comes down to which will I play longer and hold on to? I know dark souls is open world (?) from what i've gathered, but then so is AC (?) If theres anyone out there who's played both and wouldn't mind explaining which he/she thinks is better, I'd greatly appreciate! Thanks!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Well if you liked Demon's Soul you will probably like Dark Souls it is much more harder than Demon's Soul and much more better but if you liked Batman Arkham Asylum better than Demon's Soul then i'd say Batman Arkham City it is much larger than Batman AA and have better gameplay and much more.. but i'd say buy both

PRO Member

I ll recommend Dark Soul xD

Lvl 5 - Silver

Id say Batman AC i have Dark Souls but i feel you'll enjoy yourself more with AC than DS less frustrating moments!

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

I have Batman already. Get it. Now.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Depends, they are two different genres.

You have a RPG.
    You have a Beat 'em Up Superhero Game.

Which would be longer? Dark Souls probably, mostly because of all the grinding and dying.
    Arkham City, I'm not too sure how long it is, but I would bet anywhere from 7-10 hours.

I would pick Arkham City though, because I'm not a person who likes a lot of tedious, monotonous work.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

go with ac. seems like a funner game

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

BZA
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

i have the same question, dont know what to choose, i think that batman is the best choice, i love the hard games like Dark Souls, but i remember get bored of Demons Souls at the end is too repetitive( my opinion)
    [Platinums: Infamous, Infamous 2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City, Rage, Catherine.]

]

PRO Member

Batman arkham city!!!!!!!!!!

Gab
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

Arkham City! all the way!!!!!!!!!!! it has a lot of things to do aside from the main story! a lot of riddles (400), side missions, challenge maps, Catwoman content that adds challenge maps.. and missions for the main story! almost everyone of the most recognize it villains of the Batman universe are in! the world is HUGE and the enviroment its one of the best ever! you should look for IGN video review! it will explain it in a better way ;D.

PRO Member

Arkham city is gonna be better in my opinion and we can help each other out with the trophies if u get it orange cause im gonna get it soon

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This will not be the answer you're looking for, but in my opinion they are both must haves. Batman AA was probably the best superhero game I ever played and I loved the combat system. So Arkham City will be a must buy for me. On the other hand, even though I never played Demon Souls, I picked up Dark Souls because the game looked very interesting to me, and I'm so glad I did. What a truely excellent game! I love it! I'm about 54 hrs in and I'm nowhere near the end of the game! So unfortunately, you have to buy both.... Sorry fella

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Make it a goal to eventually pick up both. It's not like they will disappear if you don't get one or the other on release.

That said, Dark Souls is all the game right now on disc. You know Batman: AC will have a GOTY or similar edition out sometime next year with all the preorder and other DLC stuff included. I'm holding out for that one.

I'll get DS when the price drops a bit.

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

If you have the time to spend, go with Dark Souls. If you want to play in short bursts, go with Batman AC.

Batman has a lot of fun content that you can probably play in small doses, whereas Dark Souls will make you grind hours into it and in hindsight, not make much progress. Much of the Dark Souls universe revolves around you learning how not to screw up and only when that happens will you start kicking ass. Batman will allow you to kick ass pretty much from the start.

With that being said, I have yet to play either game; but in 24 hours I will own both. At the end of the year, you should own both.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

batman arkham city becuz if you dont then you would probably just get the other game
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 4 - Silver

I would personally go with Arkham City. But if Collectors Editions are an option then maybe Dark Souls. I don't know why but I just feel that you would get more gameplay out of AC than DS.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I choose definitely for Batman Arkham City
    Much better then Dark Souls in my opinion
    "The door to safety is shut. There is no turning back..."

Lvl 7 - Gold

Batman arkham city its a better game. Getting my copy in two days

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by iToxicityHD View Post
    Depends, they are two different genres.

You have a RPG.
    You have a Beat 'em Up Superhero Game.

Which would be longer? Dark Souls probably, mostly because of all the grinding and dying.
    Arkham City, I'm not too sure how long it is, but I would bet anywhere from 7-10 hours.

I would pick Arkham City though, because I'm not a person who likes a lot of tedious, monotonous work.
    Exactly. Iam not an RPG-player with all those items and grinding. IMO Batman AC is the way to go, but it depend on what you like, if you like both genre get them both, DS is a very good game of what I heard from my friends.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Batman Arkham City. I'm copping mine ina bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast