MGS5: Ground Zeroes PSN pre-orders come with Peace Walker HD

This is a discussion on MGS5: Ground Zeroes PSN pre-orders come with Peace Walker HD within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; MGS5: Ground Zeroes PSN pre-orders come with Peace Walker HD • News • PlayStation 3 • Eurogamer.net Many have taken ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

MGS5: Ground Zeroes PSN pre-orders come with Peace Walker HD

MGS5: Ground Zeroes PSN pre-orders come with Peace Walker HD • News • PlayStation 3 • Eurogamer.net

Many have taken issue with Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes's steep price of 19.99 - 29.99, but Sony is sweetening the pot by allowing PSN pre-orders of the game to come with Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD.

Unfortunately, the PS4's EU PlayStation Store doesn't even have Ground Zeroes available to pre-order, so it looks like this offer is PS3-only - though we're checking with Sony to get confirmation that this isn't also coming to PS4.

All things considered, this is still a pretty sweet deal. Since Ground Zeroes is a direct sequel to Peace Walker, it's the game most vital to playing before this impending release. I found Peace Walker a noble experiment for the series and noted in my Metal Gear Solid HD Collection review that Peace Walker HD was "not quite as memorable or surprising as its console counterparts," but was "nevertheless a welcome change of pace that complements its console brethren well."

This promotion is only valid until MGS5: Ground Zeroes launches on 20th March.

Uplay: JasonVoorhees98
    Steam: JasonVoorhees987 - Origin: JasonVoorhees987
    XBL: CMaggotbone - Social Club: GrimReaper4383

Kiwi Defender

Nice deal, but kind of useless for those of us who already own the game. I for one don't think it's worth it, so I'd rather wait a bit for Ground Zeroes to get even cheaper.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Nice deal, but kind of useless for those of us who already own the game. I for one don't think it's worth it, so I'd rather wait a bit for Ground Zeroes to get even cheaper.
    I completely agree. I have the HD collection (though haven't touched it) so I wouldn't benefit from this deal.

However, this will hopefully make PW active enough for me to pop in and earn the MP trophies. (not really sure what is required though)

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Forget I Was Ever Here

I'd like another copy of the game why not? Could give it away to someone. But this is a good deal for anyone purchasing the game on the network.

EDIT: Your right Nag but your disc copy you could give away

It is time for me to go underground

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    I'd like another copy of the game why not? Could give it away to someone. But this is a good deal for anyone purchasing the game on the network
    But you're not getting a copy that you can give away lol. Unless they enabled digital trade or something, that is.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    But you're not getting a copy that you can give away lol. Unless they enabled digital trade or something, that is.
    If it's a redemption code you could give that away

INTJ

they really need to put peace walker on the PC.

so much modding potential.