Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Bioshock ... ?

This is a discussion on Is Bioshock ... ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Is Bioshock and Bioshock 2 worth 5 $ ? There is sale on ps store on them . I played ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Is Bioshock ... ?

Is Bioshock and Bioshock 2 worth 5 $ ? There is sale on ps store on them . I played B-infinite and absolute loved the story and the art , will i get same feelings from this two ?

Perfecting since 1996

In my opinion the original Bioshock is better than Infinite. The shooting controls aren't the same so you will have to adjust to that, but besides that the story and world are completely captivating.

Bioshock 2 wasn't developed by Irrational by I hear it is still a great game

Absolutely worth $5. That is a steal

Chaos will follow

YES.

BioShock is a great series and every installation is a gem, albeit 2 was a bit lackluster (still worth it though).

La Mano de Dios

Yes and yes... The first Bioshock is one of the best games from past generation. You should take advantage of that sweet offer

Lvl 2 - Bronze

One word: yes. I started with Infinite too, and am working my way through the first BioShock now, absolutely loving it.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    YES.

BioShock is a great series and every installation is a gem, albeit 2 was a bit lackluster (still worth it though).
    Pretty much this. BioShock [1] is amazing. Bioshock 2, I hear, is decent but isn't as good, and the plat is a fucking pain due to MP trophies.

That Southern B****

Yes for a couple of reasons. One, Bioshock 1 is awesome and you should play it. Bioshock 2 was eh but still worth a go just to keep up with the universe. Two, it's a steal at that price. I already own 1 but I bought 2 just becuz it was $5 (otherwise I would have Gameflyed it).
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

O_o

Play one, skip two, be happy.

Felix the Cat

I personally enjoyed BioShock 2 more than the original. The story wasn't as good but I enjoyed the gameplay more and thought it was the overall better game. Either way, they're both definitely worth more than $5 so getting them at that price is quite a good deal.
    Classic Game Room: 16-bit, 100% Awesome

Thank you Fox for the awesome signature!
    PSN: James_Page | XBL: Mopar Parker | Steam: Pagey the Wind Squid | NN: 1stGenCummins

Platinum Dohvakiin

Bioshock 1 is worth way more than $5, getting for that price is a no brainer. It's one of the best games I have ever played on the PS3. Bioshock 2; to me wasn't as good story wise. But it's still a pretty fun game to play and is still a steal at $5.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

Random Access Memories

Both are absolutely worth it. Loved BS1 more than 2, but 2 was great as well. Too many people wrote it off and were butthurt that it was "different"

Personally loved both of them more than BS:I

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Lvl 11 - Elite

They're woth the 60$ and the pre-order when they came out, absolutely yes. I know there's a lot of hate around Bioshock 2 for not being made by Ken Levine but it's still a great game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Ok thank you all just got them both , downloading BS1 very excited from great reviews .

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

Good choice, it's an amazing series, complaints about 2 aside. 1 was a masterpiece.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Well I loved 2.... ( it was also what I started with) so just give it a shot yourself. Yes the multiplayer is annoying as hell but I didn't get it for that...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I loved all 3 of them for different reasons. Infinite was definitely my favorite though.

Bioshock - Since it was the first of the 3, it had the biggest sense of "you are all alone" and since you don't really know what the hell is going on, all the twists that the Bioshock series is so good at seem to have more of an impact.

Bioshock 2 - Story twists aren't as much of a surprise, but the combat mechanics improved over the first Bioshock and who doesn't want to play as a Big Daddy ALL THE WAY THROUGH?!

Bioshock Infinite - They give you a brand new world to discover, but still tie it into the storyline from the first 2. Not to mention the ending mind-fucks the hell out of you. They also kept the best gameplay mechanics and made them even better. Not to mention Elizabeth's helpful abilities (and it was nice to have a companion that interacted with you throughout most of the adventure).

Bioshock is easily my 2nd favorite franchise of all time. Picking the first 2 up for $5 is a steal. Grab them without hesitation and once you play them, you will slap yourself for having to ask the forum if you should purchase them.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

my 1st trophy came from bioshock,1 + 2 both well worth buying,still to play infinite yet but its in my ever growing list of ps+ games!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

$5?! Of course it is! I got mine for like $20 each. That is a steal for two amazing games

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Just an update to my first post; finished 1 the other day, just started number 2, and trust me, it's just as awesome. Story is still good, gameplay is great, and the online is pretty good too. So yeah, too amazing games for an amazing price.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Absolutely get them. I actually didn't like the original Bioshock to begin with. But I kept playing it, and it's now one of my all time favorite games. Don't understand the hate for Bioshock 2. Considering Ken Levine wasn't involved, I thought the game was pretty damned good. Story wasn't quite as good as the original, (But really, I don't think it could have been better since the original's was so awesome), but the gameplay was definitely better than the first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast