Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

ATTENTION: GameSpy servers going offline

This is a discussion on ATTENTION: GameSpy servers going offline within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Digitalman123 Is this immediately? Because I'm pretty sure we need a 90-day warning before servers shut down. ...

Hero of Kvatch

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    Is this immediately? Because I'm pretty sure we need a 90-day warning before servers shut down.
    Good point. Most games state how much notice they'll give, which is normally 90 days, before they shut the servers down, but I'm not sure if this applies if a company shuts down. The thing is, the closure of GameSpy would have been known about, and planned for, before now, so they could have issued the 90 or so days notice they said they would give.

"War, war never changes."

Proud Greek Gamer

Good bye Borderlands and GTA IV possible platinums.

Signature and Avatar made by the awesome TheGeneral09

PRO Member

GTA IV?! Noooooooooooo!!!! I have some awesome memories with that multiplayer

Get bent...

Is this immediately? Because I'm pretty sure we need a 90-day warning before servers shut down.
    As was stated previously, this was supposed to happen back in January. Things just got 'delayed'. So if you go all the way back to when that was announced, then you've had your 90 days.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

A plat a month!

When was this article published? I was able to get onto Crysis 2 MP last night (Thursday night)

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    When was this article published? I was able to get onto Crysis 2 MP last night (Thursday night)
    Feb 2013...13 months ago.

Plats-O'-War!!

Need to get to Unreal Tournament 3. Just hope I can plat it or get the online done for.

Lvl 5 - Silver

And I just bought Bulletstorm PS3 and it's DLC... Wonderful! <__<

Editorial Team

Well Crysis servers in EU are still online only message there is, is that the news server is currently not available.
    I managed to boost to lvl50 today but yet again no tooled up trophy after a suit reboot
    Working on: The next platinum trophy!
    come join the stream:
    http://www.twitch.tv/neospoon

Negator

There are reports of certain servers coming back online. Not sure if this is due to Glu Mobile or publishers taking matter into their own hands.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well I'd imagine most publishers would find a fix, because I can't imagine they'd approve of this bullshit. Netherrealm are having a damned MK tournament right now, I'm sure this is a low blow to them - apparently they didn't even know! Why would they have a tourny if they knew this was occurring? Sheesh. Fuck you, GameSpy.

Chocobo Master

If most of those games let you play local then it shouldn't be to much of a problem, right?
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Need to get to Unreal Tournament 3. Just hope I can plat it or get the online done for.
    There's only one or two trophies that absolutely must be done online (500 online wins, play MP on 50 days) and they're nowhere near as bad as they sound.

I posted this awhile ago on P.S.N.P -

========================

Online Champion

500 online wins can be done automatically within a day. Just setup the game and walk away.

Create a Multiplayer Team Deathmatch on a small map like Rising Sun and choose LAN, or password-protect the game to prevent drop-ins. Fill it with Skilled (not Godlike) Bots and disable Force Spawn. Set the Kills to 10, enable the Speed Freak and Instagib mutators, put down your controller and do something else. Each match will be over within 10 seconds, or roughly 35 seconds per match including the after match stats and cycling into a new game. Go to work or bed - at a rate of approximately 100 matches per hour, you should win 40 to 50 of them (your team will be down one man without you in the fight) and be close to unlocking the trophy by the time you're back on the PS3.

=======================

Get a Life

Get 200 kills on 50 different days can be a grind, but it can also be cheated by changing the system clock. I also don't *think* it needs to be online - I played all of mine as MP > LAN. Even at the best of times, UT3 tosses an MP error stating the servers can't be found, so ignore it. When that happens, go back out to the main menu, select Multiplayer again, then Host Game > LAN and it should work.

As per Online Champion, it's easy enough to do in a day if absolutely necessary.

=======================

Hope this helps and good luck! With a bit of effort, you'll have the online knocked out in a weekend.

I finished off Get a Life last night here in Oz just to be safe, but the disc code is BLUS, which implies the servers are in the US.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by SoS-kryyptyyk View Post
    Well I'd imagine most publishers would find a fix, because I can't imagine they'd approve of this bullshit. Netherrealm are having a damned MK tournament right now, I'm sure this is a low blow to them - apparently they didn't even know! Why would they have a tourny if they knew this was occurring? Sheesh. Fuck you, GameSpy.
    Why 'Fuck you, GameSpy'? Because the owner decided to shut it off, regardless of the staff's wishes? If anything, fuck him, not GameSpy.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by SoS-kryyptyyk View Post
    Netherrealm are having a damned MK tournament right now, I'm sure this is a low blow to them - apparently they didn't even know! Why would they have a tourny if they knew this was occurring? Sheesh. Fuck you, GameSpy.
    This has been public knowledge since DECEMBER 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    There's only one or two trophies that absolutely must be done online (500 online wins, play MP on 50 days) and they're nowhere near as bad as they sound.
    The best way to get 200 kills is using the Titan mutator on Morbias Arena. 100 kills in two minutes or less.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

THis isn't true. If you read the terms of agreement you accept to play any games online it specificially says in each one that the servers can be taken off at any time with no notices given.

It is generally GENEROUS for them to give a 90 day heads up but even when I started up SOCOM during its last month and even when starting up Demon Souls it shows you a message that says the same. Any server can be removed at any time.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    There's only one or two trophies that absolutely must be done online (500 online wins, play MP on 50 days) and they're nowhere near as bad as they sound.I posted this awhile ago on P.S.N.P -========================Online Champion500 online wins can be done automatically within a day. Just setup the game and walk away.Create a Multiplayer Team Deathmatch on a small map like Rising Sun and choose LAN, or password-protect the game to prevent drop-ins. Fill it with Skilled (not Godlike) Bots and disable Force Spawn. Set the Kills to 10, enable the Speed Freak and Instagib mutators, put down your controller and do something else. Each match will be over within 10 seconds, or roughly 35 seconds per match including the after match stats and cycling into a new game. Go to work or bed - at a rate of approximately 100 matches per hour, you should win 40 to 50 of them (your team will be down one man without you in the fight) and be close to unlocking the trophy by the time you're back on the PS3. =======================Get a LifeGet 200 kills on 50 different days can be a grind, but it can also be cheated by changing the system clock. I also don't *think* it needs to be online - I played all of mine as MP > LAN. Even at the best of times, UT3 tosses an MP error stating the servers can't be found, so ignore it. When that happens, go back out to the main menu, select Multiplayer again, then Host Game > LAN and it should work.As per Online Champion, it's easy enough to do in a day if absolutely necessary.=======================Hope this helps and good luck! With a bit of effort, you'll have the online knocked out in a weekend.I finished off Get a Life last night here in Oz just to be safe, but the disc code is BLUS, which implies the servers are in the US.
    Damn nice. Thanks for the heads up. Gonna work on that this upcoming week.

Buy my book, Alteration

Well hopefully the publishers step up and take control of the servers.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Kiwi Defender

Well hopefully the publishers step up and take control of the servers.
    Seeing how old some of those games are, I doubt it'll happen. However, we could be gladly surprised, so there's still hope lol.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Damn it without further notice WTH, i just wanted to say Guys i'm currently playing Bulletstorm Online the past couple of days MP was Down but now it's up and running again if u want the Plat as much as i do i suggest you start playing it ASAP, YOU can add me to finish the MP trophies (Co-op) Together there are only two trophies that require a partner the rest can be done solo in Private match if u like

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast