Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

ATTENTION: GameSpy servers going offline

This is a discussion on ATTENTION: GameSpy servers going offline within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Midnight Clubs' Mp is being removed (never played this but if there are any online trophies they will be unobtainable) ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Midnight Clubs' Mp is being removed (never played this but if there are any online trophies they will be unobtainable)
    If stat tracking and the leaderboards are removed from RDR it could make trophies like Redeemed much more difficult (not unobtainable) to get without being able to track your stats on their social club.

Its hard to tell and this might not have any huge affect at all but this is just how ive interpreted the info. I'd much rather attempt anything I can while all the services are still live.

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Bob 'n' Becca

Damn them! I need one more online trophy for MK. At least I never started the Vita edition. I need to get my copy back immediately. Can anybody tell me if that server is still up?

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Ive seen people on my friends list playing it so it seems to be. I tried boost once but everytime I join with the other guy, the game would kick us from the lobby. While they are up, they dont seem to be in the best condition...

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Can someone tell me if any of the borderlands dlc trophies require online? Also is borderlands 2 also shutting there servers down?

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by JAWSxX View Post
    Can someone tell me if any of the borderlands dlc trophies require online? Also is borderlands 2 also shutting there servers down?
    Borderlands has a single 'viral' trophy. BL2 requires no online for plat/100%

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by JAWSxX View Post
    No DLC trophies require online.

Banned

Okay, I'm thinking of getting Borderlands 1 GOTY Edition, few questions. Do any trophies require online, or can all trophies be done offline? And also, are the servers getting shut down or not?

La Mano de Dios

Quote Originally Posted by harryisonfire View Post
    Okay, I'm thinking of getting Borderlands 1 GOTY Edition, few questions. Do any trophies require online, or can all trophies be done offline? And also, are the servers getting shut down or not?
    This was answered above but here it is for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Borderlands has a single 'viral' trophy.
    Which is the only online one, and it's from the regular trophy list. And this...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    No DLC trophies require online.
    So, don't worry about getting GOTY edition

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by godhand2k View Post
    This was answered above but here it is for you...

Which is the only online one, and it's from the regular trophy list. And this...

So, don't worry about getting GOTY edition
    Thanks, I did see it above I just wanted to clarify. Any info on when the servers are closing?

La Mano de Dios

May 30th, from what we know...

Negator

May 31st, actually.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

Seems Mortal Kombat might be safe, thought it doesnt specify either or both systems.

Ed Boon tweets

Lvl 6 - Silver

EA have updated their closures, looks like Bulletstorm is the only Ps3 game on the list

The Playboy Wikipedia

So is the Borderlands server still shutting down? All I know is that I only have one more co-op trophy to get for that game, and then I'll probably never touch online/co-op for a while.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok_3000 View Post
    So is the Borderlands server still shutting down?
    Yes.......

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok_3000 View Post
    So is the Borderlands server still shutting down? All I know is that I only have one more co-op trophy to get for that game, and then I'll probably never touch online/co-op for a while.
    Coop can be done offline with 2 controllers. Only one you need online for is a viral one:
    And They'll Tell Two Friends - Played in a co-op game with either an employee of Gearbox or someone who had this trophy

Plats-O'-War!!

MK, Crysis 2, and GTA4's online will still be up and running after May 31.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    MK, Crysis 2, and GTA4's online will still be up and running after May 31.
    What? Where did you find out from?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryAbel210 View Post
    What? Where did you find out from?
    I believe you can find the relevant sources in previous posts.

Capcom have provided an update:

As you may have heard, the GameSpy online service will shut down on May 31. This closure affects online functionality for several titles spanning the entire games industry, Capcom included. Today we have updates on our titles, so if you currently own any of the games listed below please take note.

Lost Planet 3 (PC/PS3): Migration to a new service has already begun, so we're not anticipating any online downtime. However, due to switching servers the leaderboards and current play stats will be reset. We'll have more information about the reset soon, so please check back. (Note the X360 version is unaffected.)
    Age of Booty (All versions): Unfortunately there are no plans to update or migrate this title to a new service. It's been a great ride (2008/09-2014) and we thank everyone who sailed these seas. You can still play this title offline or grab friends for some LAN action, however.
    Flock! (All Versions): Same as Age of Booty; there are no plans to migrate this title. You can still download and play the game, but be aware online features - such as the level editor sharing function - will no longer be active.
    Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition: Already migrated and there are no issues.
    Marvel vs Capcom Origins: Already migrated and there are no issues.
    We sincerely appreciate the dedication these games have seen over the years and hope you continue to enjoy them after the shutdown.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Yes.......
    2K is migrating the PC version to Steamworks. The PS3 version is being looked at, but it may not be possible. So that's a definite maybe...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast