Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

ATTENTION: GameSpy servers going offline

This is a discussion on ATTENTION: GameSpy servers going offline within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s Looks like the GTA IV plat is going to be unobtainable - Warning to GTA IV ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Looks like the GTA IV plat is going to be unobtainable - Warning to GTA IV platinum hunters - PlayStation® Forums
    Ive seen this before and to be honest, even though it looks pretty credible, as R* hasnt released anything about this being the reality I find this hard to believe. On another forum, a user posted they had contacted R* and recieved a response pretty much saying they had no idea how this would affect the trophies for the game.

Ignoring that and just entertaining the idea that those two trophies will be unobtainable... why would R* even bother saving the servers for a game if there is no rankning system? If there's no real prgression in a game, it seems reasonable to assume the servers will die off pretty quick and wouldnt have been worth all the effort of saving. Im R* would have done some research to evaluate the worth of new servers with their chnages/closures.

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by black__bunny View Post
    Ive seen this before and to be honest, even though it looks pretty credible, as R* hasnt released anything about this being the reality I find this hard to believe. On another forum, a user posted they had contacted R* and recieved a response pretty much saying they had no idea how this would affect the trophies for the game.

Ignoring that and just entertaining the idea that those two trophies will be unobtainable... why would R* even bother saving the servers for a game if there is no rankning system? If there's no real prgression in a game, it seems reasonable to assume the servers will die off pretty quick and wouldnt have been worth all the effort of saving. Im R* would have done some research to evaluate the worth of new servers with their chnages/closures.
    Forewarned is forearmed. I'm assuming the Leaderboards are powered by GameSpy. They go, so do those two trophies. The same applies to a number of RDR trophies, so don't be surprised if that Plat or some of the DLC trophies go down the gurgler too.

The fact is, we just don't know. So it's better to give a heads-up that GTA IV's plat *may* not be obtainable after May 31 than do nothing at all.

There's nothing to state that UFC Undisputed 2009, MK vs DC, Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, Joe Danger 2 etc are going offline either, but they're all caught up in the GameSpy closures and I'd rather prepare for the worst by knocking over their MP trophies than hope for the best and crack the sads when they're gone.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Forewarned is forearmed. I'm assuming the Leaderboards are powered by GameSpy. They go, so do those two trophies. The same applies to a number of RDR trophies, so don't be surprised if that Plat or some of the DLC trophies go down the gurgler too.

The fact is, we just don't know. So it's better to give a heads-up that GTA IV's plat *may* not be obtainable after May 31 than do nothing at all.

There's nothing to state that UFC Undisputed 2009, MK vs DC, Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, Joe Danger 2 etc are going offline either, but they're all caught up in the GameSpy closures and I'd rather prepare for the worst by knocking over their MP trophies than hope for the best and crack the sads when they're gone.
    Of course, it is more than likely going to affect some of the mp trophies and these plats may not be obtainable. I couldnt agree more that no one knows what wil happen after the 31st, not even R* and like others am trying to knock as much mp out of the way in case they may not be obtainable.

But looking at the article, I cant see whether the writer is an employee or R* or gamspy or not which makes me hesitant that those trophies will be definately unobtainable but the others fine? If the leaderboards go, I think fly the coop and AWP would be up high on the unobtainable list as they are based on times and stats on those leaderboards right? I cant say for sure and neither can others as we dont really understand how their data is immediately stored and where the trophies read the data so they pop (ive seen differing arguments about in game saves v server data). His assumption may be right but again, I cant see why R* would save the server of a game when there's no progression which causes some doubt for me. In my mind, I think most of the trophies have a high probability of being unobtainable.

He also mentions in game leaderboards and rank system will go offline. The official release by R* never mentions anything about the ranking system going. I just think its a bit of an article based on a guess of probability is all.

I dont really know much about those other games and I dont think there has been any word as yet. I would be the the most worried about that as it would lead me to assume if there is no news, it will be bad news on the 31st.

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Bob 'n' Becca

I have MK v DCU. I've never started it, and now I doubt I ever will. Ah well. At least I got my MK9 online trophies out of the way.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Banned

Well, managed to get the one online trophy and basically all the hard co-op trophies from Borderlands out of the way. I'm really hoping GTA IV and Bound in Blood won't get affected.

Oh!, pretty flowers!

Omg... I can't plat Borderlands anymore :'(

Sig & avy by Dare!!

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unhorned Unicorn View Post
    Omg... I can't plat Borderlands anymore :'(
    You just need 1 online trophy for Borderlands. Everything else can be done solo.

Oh!, pretty flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    You just need 1 online trophy for Borderlands. Everything else can be done solo.
    Could I get that trophy using a 2nd controller?

Sig & avy by Dare!!

La Mano de Dios

No. It's like a viral trophy where you have to play with someone from Gearbox staff or someone that already has the trophy. I suggest you get it quickly. I can help if needed

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by godhand2k View Post
    No. It's like a viral trophy where you have to play with someone from Gearbox staff or someone that already has the trophy. I suggest you get it quickly. I can help if needed
    Decisions, decisions. I don't know if I was even considering the plat, but since I have the game, and I have two days to get that online trophy, it looks like I'll be booting it up for the first time. After I download it I'll shoot you an invite.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

illegal in 9 countries

Assuming your other account has it, then I'd assume "yes".

99% of multiplayer Borderlands players have the trophy and you'd have a hard time NOT getting it. All you need to do is login to Multiplayer and it should pop within seconds. Log out again and your Plat is safe.

The only sane person here

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok_3000 View Post
    Six co-op trophies, but only one of them is strictly online-only.
    Wait which six co-op trophies?

The Deathly Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by KingLazy View Post
    Theres 6 trophies that could be done with the second controller, its mosty trophies that say to play 15 coop missions or beat a boss with a coop partner etc.

BTW, if anybody here need get the Viral trophy, hit me up tomorrow, I'll help out
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Negator

If anyone still needs 'The Clap' trophy in Blitz: The League II, I'm willing to spread it around.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by KingLazy View Post
    They're a piece of piss to solo using 2 controllers. Nothing to worry about...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

so just to clarify mk online will continue, but mk vs dc universe online will be shutting down as planned?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat06 View Post
    so just to clarify mk online will continue, but mk vs dc universe online will be shutting down as planned?
    MK9 for ps3 is saved but seeing as there was never any word about mk vs dc, it will more than likely be closed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat06 View Post
    I don't think MK vs DC Univerise will be shut down. They are published by Midway like Unreal Tournament 3, Midway's games' online trophies won't be unobtainable until they send any news about server closure. I don't know which one powered that game. I'm sure GameSpy doesn't power this game.

Editorial Team

Mortal Kombat is still online.
    If you start the game now, you will receive update 1.05 (120Mb) which will be needed to play online.
    They also removed the Gamespy logo during startup and there's a message when entering online which says
    that they are currently moving servers and expect everything to run smooth, but players might experience
    time-outs.

**edit

It does seem like all respect points for King of the Hill matches have been reset.
    Hope this is just a temporary thing and they will be restored at some point

**edit 2
    As stated Mortal Kombat works just fine online, only thing is all King of the Hill respect points have been reset to 0. Also it seems that headset function doesn't work anymore
    Last edited by neospoon; 06-02-2014 at 11:39 AM.
    Working on: The next platinum trophy!
    come join the stream:
    http://www.twitch.tv/neospoon

Banned

Alright so it it's officially the first of June. Anyone got any info on any games still being up?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast