Should I play PES 2014?

This is a discussion on Should I play PES 2014? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; PS+ just offered me Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 for free. Now I'm not a sports friend at all be it ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Should I play PES 2014?

PS+ just offered me Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 for free. Now I'm not a sports friend at all be it soccer, basketball, baseball or whatever. I don't enjoy very much playing these sports myself and I enjoy even less watching them on TV or live. Many years ago (back on PS1) I played both a basketball and soccer game and wasn't tempted.
    I still wonder if I should try PES since as anyway I got it for free. However once I've tried it I'll play it till the end to get Platinum as I don't like unfinished games unless they're too tough or contain boring online trophies. I've heard the Platinum is pretty easy to achieve and there are no online trophies. I just don't know if I'll be enjoying it at all since I don't know much about soccer and I don't know how interesting soccer gameplay is in games of the current generation. I'm not so desperately looking for a Platinum that I'll play it if it isn't any fun at all, however I'm quite open minded in games and have no problem with playing average games if I can at least say afterwards that I learnt something from them and had at least a little but of fun.
    What do you think, should I play it? Perhaps any of you are like me no fan of sports games but had recently (positive or negative) experience with them?

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

It pains me to say this as someone who has every PES to date but it's not a game for the casual observer, i love the series and i still find some of the trophies an incredible bore, no matter how easy they are.

It's a simpler list this year but i think you may struggle to get enough joy out of it to bother with the Plat. It's a solid, enjoyable football game but you may not find it worth your time if football isn't your thing.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Thanks for the honest feedback, I'll keep my hands off it then.