Borderlands 2 Prequel Rumoured For PS3, Xbox 360 and PC

This is a discussion on Borderlands 2 Prequel Rumoured For PS3, Xbox 360 and PC within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Borderlands 2 Prequel Rumoured For PS3, Xbox 360 and PC - IGN Borderlands 2 is set to get a prequel ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Borderlands 2 Prequel Rumoured For PS3, Xbox 360 and PC

Borderlands 2 Prequel Rumoured For PS3, Xbox 360 and PC - IGN

Borderlands 2 is set to get a prequel game on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC later this year, according to a new report.

GamePointsNow.com is suggesting the shooter will take place between Borderlands 1 and 2, with 2K Australia heading up development in conjunction with Gearbox Software. Release is rumoured for later in 2014.

You'll be able to choose between one of four characters: Athena The Gladiator, Wilhelm The Enforcer, Nisha The Lawbringer and Fragtrap, the last of which is a combat-ready version of Claptrap.

The four are Handsome Jack's lieutenants, and the game will follow a younger version of the villain as he starts to make a name for himself in pursuit of an alien artifact. Events are meant to take place on Pandora's moon Elpis, as well as in Hyperion's giant H-shaped base, that you may have seen orbiting the planet in Borderlands 2.

In terms of new weapons, a freezing Cryo class is reported to be introduced, while low gravity on Elpis means you'll be equipped with a jetpack to get around. Oxygen takes on an important role as a resource, and you'll have to manage your reserves by looting "Ox-Kits".

A next-gen Gearbox title is expected to be announced this year, though we heard in February that Borderlands 3 isn't in development at the studio.

2K responded to our inquiries with a "no comment". So for now at least, all we've officially got is the upcoming episodic Tales from the Borderlands and the Vita port of Borderlands 2 to keep us occupied.
    Uplay: JasonVoorhees98
    Steam: JasonVoorhees987 - Origin: JasonVoorhees987
    XBL: CMaggotbone - Social Club: GrimReaper4383

O_o

I'd like to see who's writing it first.

Otherwise, I'll just wait For B'lands 3.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by ERICVOLTAGE View Post
    I'd like to see who's writing it first.

Otherwise, I'll just wait For B'lands 3.
    Screw that! A playable claptrap character is all I needed to hear!!! Actually anything to do with Borderlands and I was sold but a playable Claptrap character is what I've always said they needed to include.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Archer View Post

In terms of new weapons, a freezing Cryo class is reported to be introduced, while low gravity on Elpis means you'll be equipped with a jetpack to get around. Oxygen takes on an important role as a resource, and you'll have to manage your reserves by looting "Ox-Kits".
    This part captured my interest, especially the oxygen part.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Forget I Was Ever Here

So is this a complete game or just a short scenario like Metal Gear is? Does anyone know?

It is time for me to go underground