Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Who is Sick and Tired of this Season/Online/DLC Pass Crap?

This is a discussion on Who is Sick and Tired of this Season/Online/DLC Pass Crap? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; first things first U mad Bro?? second and most importantly, the game developers don't make games for fun or to ...

Trophy Guide Grand Master

first things first

U mad Bro??

second and most importantly, the game developers don't make games for fun or to be your friend. They are a business trying to make money and the sooner you figure that out the better off you will be. Think of it like this, if you buy a used car, you don't get everything that you would get if you brought it brand new. You may or may not get both sets of keys, or the owners manual. You wont get any subscriptions to services such as onstar or XM. You dont get special incentives such as rebates or financing rates. Finally you dont get all the warranty unless you buy one.

It goes the same for everything else you buy used in retail, games are no different. Maybe you should take some classes in business instead of whining about them wanting to make money.

PRO Member

Let me see if you understand it this way:

You and I make an awesome game called "CALL of the UNCHARTED Battlefield 3: Chains of Planets" and it has an online MP. We have to have servers for the game or else we are just selling shit. Servers cost money! So how the hell do we keep paying these servers you ask? Well every NEW game we sell we see a profit... every used game we sell we see shit. So how about you and I introduce an online pass which costs $10 included in new games but must be bought if you buy the game USED. See this is where we start needing this.

Is it stupid? NO! See it as if you were paying to play online like XBOX Live or matter of fact like if you were paying for internet DUH! Really if the whole point of this thread is to troll please just close it -.-

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

We've had this whole dispute on here before & here we go again. I for one don't even care because I am granted with no online capabilities. Although I admit it sucks.! When I go to a friends house with my copy of Madden guess what, I can't play it online with his system.! >_> unless I log in with my account, but that takes some serious work & I don't want my info on his / her account.

Enough said.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

An old-fashioned cowboy

Get a job.

You weak azz niggs

To the OP and all other n00bs:

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 9 - Gold

Your lucky enough that psn is free and we don't have to pay monthly/yearly

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I hate coming late to the party because I always find someone else has made the point I was looking at making, often times (Gauss, Chapel and a few others mainly to blame) presented a lot better than I woul have done it.

An online pass, if that is what we want to call it, is purely a service fee. Am I happy to see a charge to use this service if a buy a game used, no. Do I understand why it is there and realise that if I want a service to continue it needs to be paid for, yes.

To cap it off:

Used copy of new AAA Title: 20
    Paying for online pass: 7
    Ignore function for people who write crap and don't seem to be able to respond to points raised that disprove their argument: Priceless.
    I was thinking about boasting about my :plat:'s and 100%'s, but then I thought why bother, not like they're anything amazing.

YLOD: 9/10/11. RIP

Lvl 1 - Bronze

To all you whinny little tuna rags that wait 6 months to play a game and then buy it used and complain about a season pass because you're either to cheap or to much of a bum to buy games on release date or brand new, all I have to say is this:

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

to the OP all i can say is welcome to the future of gaming, deal with it lol
    becuz if it makes them more money then they care less how you feel
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Hack the Planet!!

Who is Sick and Tired of this Season/Online/DLC Pass Crap?

I was sick and tired... But i took some nyquil and a nap. Its all good now.

You have the right to complain and I understand where you're coming from. The others make good points why developers do it and we have to deal with it. But there's no way ppl are gonna stop buying games bcuz of it.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Orange-Vision View Post
    It seems like more are more every good game on the market has this crap tied to it, i'm so sick and tired of all this seasons pass, online pass, dlc exlusive (store, new purchases, etc.) etc etc shit, its seriously SERIOUSLY getting to be a real big problem. Its getting to the point where I'm going to start going out of my way to not by these games at all, are from a 3rd party source so that the publishers don't get ANY money, listen up people, they wanna plaly this game, its up to us to stop this shit before it gets way outta hand (like it hasn't already). Come on, who's with me!
    DLC is bullshit I agree, but online passes are MANDATORY for publishers to receive at least some money for their work. Buying used games is a crime against nature, and game renting is a crime against humanity.

дурак

This has argument has been brought up a dozen times, with the same results. Don't bother bringing it up on this particular forum.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Player Hater

all it is is the companies stickin it to the consumers. I understand places like gamestop are shitty, and i never buy any products used from them ever. But the game industry have been thriving for the last decade, and this crap was just recently introduced within the last year more or less, so are you really telling me that the developers are hurting that much all of a sudden that they have to nickely and dime the consumer? Why not try to stick it to the real problem, gamestop?
    Split: Second
    Homefront
    LA Noire
    Blur
    Dead Space
    Dantes Inferno
    Bodycount

These are just some of the titles created in full or in part by studios that have been shut-down this year alone. Developer lay-offs are a constant and ever threat in the industry. Anyone who believes otherwise needs a fucking examination. Anyone who doesn't support the developers of games they like by purchasing them properly or by using Online Passes doesn't deserve to game. It really fucks me off that in the gaming community there is a vocal presence of fucking mindas that like to think that everyone else owes them something. I believe that these people are in the minority, or haven't yet grown hair on their balls. Get over yourselves and shell out for something you enjoy. I bet when you eventually get a job you'll be hoping your employer will pay you, right? You'd probably expect the same wage as everyone else even? Get the fucking picture?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm all for the developers getting money (although most of the money go to publishers) but I have more important things to pay for (bills, food, heating etc) so having to pay around 10 after I've been ripped off by the shops is something I'm not too keen on.

I like the idea of a season pass/CoD Elite though, seeing as you're actually getting something rather than just a key to unlock MP

Prometheus stole fire from Zeus, I'm stealing his thunder

Lvl 8 - Gold

I don't care about the online passes since I buy my games new and I know why they're used. Developers get nothing from a used game sale, so they charge the online pass to at least cover the server maintenance. Not that I like that but it's there so I don't really care. What I don't like is DLC being sold a week after a game's release. Cutting content from a game and selling it later is something I never liked and is the reason I rarely buy DLC.
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; 10-19-2011 at 04:08 AM.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    Split: Second
    Homefront
    LA Noire
    Blur
    Dead Space
    Dantes Inferno
    Bodycount

These are just some of the titles created in full or in part by studios that have been shut-down this year alone. Developer lay-offs are a constant and ever threat in the industry. Anyone who believes otherwise needs a fucking examination. Anyone who doesn't support the developers of games they like by purchasing them properly or by using Online Passes doesn't deserve to game. It really fucks me off that in the gaming community there is a vocal presence of fucking mindas that like to think that everyone else owes them something. I believe that these people are in the minority, or haven't yet grown hair on their balls. Get over yourselves and shell out for something you enjoy. I bet when you eventually get a job you'll be hoping your employer will pay you, right? You'd probably expect the same wage as everyone else even? Get the fucking picture?
    This perfectly sums up how I feel about buying new games, and online passes.

If you bought sony, you already paid a premium. What's the problem? Want a cheaper hobby - get a modded 360, then games will cost as much as ~1$ for an empty dvd.

PRO Member

my god i don't even get what all you people are complaining about? :/ you buy the game used for a much cheaper price than if you buy it new...and even if you have to pay a little for the pass (which by the way is still optional its not like they force you to buy it) you still get the game cheaper than if you bought it new....and to end all of this off do you really think games are the only things getting pricier at the moment? no they are not.. a lot of things are because of how the worlds economy stands right now...deal with it

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

PRO Member

man i can't stand people that are willing to bend over and take it without putting up any resistance to this general screwing of us, the consumer, whatsoever, and then actually trying to justify getting milked. i thought the people in this community wer better than that..
    You know what? Eat a dick.

I was reading through this thread and thought "Hmm, this could be an interesting discussion." Then you come in and start insulting people who don't agree with your assessment. So seriously, munch on some cock.

I don't have an issue with this system, want to know why? Because I'm not being fucked over. I've always bought games new... I want developers to get their money so they can afford to make more games. I'll wait for games to go on sale or rent them or watch play-throughs if I'm really not sure about them, but otherwise I'm not going to go out and support Gamestop (or piracy, but that has little to do with this).

Online passes have come and have not changed how I experience my games in anyway because its not costing me any additional money. On the contrary I usually get some free shit when I buy these games.

As far as these season passes/DLC, I don't really care because if I don't want it, I don't buy it. Despite what many gamers claim, DLC is rarely truly a "disc unlock," and for every 1 bad dev/pub out there *coughCapcomcough* nickel and diming it, there are 5 or 6 ones that treat it as supplemental income. I find there is alot of really good DLC out there... Hard EX mode or Behind the Blue Flame for Valkyria Chronicles, The Missing Link for Deus Ex has been amazing thus far, etc.

I love free DLC, like that in Portal 2, but I'm willing to pay for good DLC. Nothing personal, but I'll take 7000 map packs I don't buy for that kind of DLC.

When you say shit like this you come off as one of those assholes who EXPECTS everything to be given to you. You feel entitled. Well, I bought this game, its irrelevant where I bought it and how much I paid... I should never be given the option to buy anything for this game ever again. This is ultimately too why you fail, you are bitching about things that are completely optional. You aren't making some deep point about anything, you are simply saying "Look! This stuff exists! People who like it are idiots!"

When you grow up you'll come to realize that sometimes you have to work for things, and that people should be compensated fairly for their work and talent. At the end of the day, DJ Keyser and Mayus hit the nail on the head.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddykraven View Post
    You know I always get frustrated with these releases but until recently didn't really see the correlation between used game sales and the "too many games being released" issue. But yes, exactly one causes the other and really it causes even more problems too because it causes some games to get pushed back, thus forgotten, and others are "rushed" so they can beat games out. If BF3 comes out buggy (or COD) I could easily see it was because of rushing so not to be the "second game" to the party.

Developers talk about poor sales and used games hurting them but really its their fault. The Gaming market is over saturated. I almost feel like the gaming studios should come together, sort of like the UN and regulate game releases. Stating "this year we are only going going to allow 2 big release shooters (maybe its per a quarter or something). This way they can work together to help the industry. Right now they are all competing and of course, thats good for gaming and the games get better as a result. However, they are shooting themselves in the foot at the same time.

If they could agree on some "ground rules" I think it'd still work out. That way I wouldn't have to say "I'll get Batman AC when the price drops because I'll be too busy with BF3 and 3-4 of my games in my backlog), then Saints Row 3 and Uncharted 3. I still want to buy Dues Ex as well as many others but there's TOO MANY for anyone who has school or work etc to do and have a normal life. Ok, sorry, /rant.
    100% agree I didnt get that too.

WOW people get annoyed pretty fast and start talking shit lol. The OP rant about something so why not explaining your point without personal attack WTF guys.

I can see what you mean its extremly expensive especially to us students to buy new games, so myself I wait to a pricedrop and only buy new the games I really like. There is no way I pay 100$ for a game (yes this is how much a new game cost in Denmark).

I also understand that developers have the right to charge us with those kind of service, creating such awesome games in this era you can imaging how much effort, time and struggle those developers have been through, its their job and they need the money they deserve.

In the end its optional, if you ask me it doesnt bother me at all.
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    first things first

U mad Bro??

second and most importantly, the game developers don't make games for fun or to be your friend. They are a business trying to make money and the sooner you figure that out the better off you will be. Think of it like this, if you buy a used car, you don't get everything that you would get if you brought it brand new. You may or may not get both sets of keys, or the owners manual. You wont get any subscriptions to services such as onstar or XM. You dont get special incentives such as rebates or financing rates. Finally you dont get all the warranty unless you buy one.

It goes the same for everything else you buy used in retail, games are no different. Maybe you should take some classes in business instead of whining about them wanting to make money.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseShooter View Post
    Let me see if you understand it this way:

You and I make an awesome game called "CALL of the UNCHARTED Battlefield 3: Chains of Planets" and it has an online MP. We have to have servers for the game or else we are just selling shit. Servers cost money! So how the hell do we keep paying these servers you ask? Well every NEW game we sell we see a profit... every used game we sell we see shit. So how about you and I introduce an online pass which costs $10 included in new games but must be bought if you buy the game USED. See this is where we start needing this.

Is it stupid? NO! See it as if you were paying to play online like XBOX Live or matter of fact like if you were paying for internet DUH! Really if the whole point of this thread is to troll please just close it -.-

Well said. This is the reality...
    Awesome signature made by Athena

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast