Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Who is Sick and Tired of this Season/Online/DLC Pass Crap?

This is a discussion on Who is Sick and Tired of this Season/Online/DLC Pass Crap? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; my solution .... stop playing video games... its a forum of entertainment ... or buy the games that don't have ...

Gaming since PONG !

my solution .... stop playing video games... its a forum of entertainment ...
    or buy the games that don't have it.... either way.. it doesn't bother me one bit...

Oh yea +REP to dr_mayus

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by kratos06 View Post
    I know Batman AC pass was cool, but I wasn't really mad at that, I'm really mad at games that had passes in the future that never had multiplayer, like what Mass Effect 3 is going to do, and u don't have to listen to me but I'm worried for the future that if u guys keep supporting the passes, they might put the prices up for the passes, or worse they might still make u pay even for new....yall don't have to flame me.....i'm just saying lol
    With regard to MP being added to everything that moves, I'm mainly with you. A lot of games are very strong with just an SP element and adding MP on top seems to be either a way to try and grab folk who do nothing but play online or to follow 'industry trends' that show that MP is the new big thing.

However, ME3 specifically, from the little I know, it's an adjunct that allows you to get together with your mates to play online but it also modifies the difficulty of the SP levels in the game. Now I think that is a decent innovation, as long as it works well. You don't have to play it, and as far as I am aware it has no related trophies, with it being purely optional, but I am happy to be corrected here.

There was a thread on here before the reboot discussing Steam's idea about having a single MP platform, so that console users and pc users could all play against each other. One of the suggestions made in the thread, forget who now unfortunately, was for the different platforms to cover different elements of a game. Lets take a WWII style game for example. The Wii/WiiU would have the aerial combat, covering the guys on the ground. PC would cover the naval combat, getting the guys on the ground in the first place, X-box would cover the tank battles and PS3 the infantry stuff. Depending on the various results of games on the different platforms, if your aerial guys were getting hammered, you could well see enemy fighters and bombers attacking your guys. Now that to me seems a decent idea, as long as it cpuld be implemented on games that I enjoy playing.

But I digress from the thread.
    I was thinking about boasting about my :plat:'s and 100%'s, but then I thought why bother, not like they're anything amazing.

YLOD: 9/10/11. RIP

INTJ

i like the season pass, rather have a discounted price to pay for all the shit i like for the game than pay for them individually.

online pass is good for used sales also, devs get money off secondhand that way (PC Users don't have this problem though).

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    online pass is good for used sales also, devs get money off secondhand that way (PC Users don't have this problem though).
    Hmm.. by this thinking, Devs atleast get money for used game sales due to people purchasing a online code. PC, you don't have that option and must buy new unless you can find one on the internet.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I hate online passes so much it's already bad enough with new games costing 59.99 now this. I was very disappointment when found out Unchart 3 would required online pass.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Hmm.. by this thinking, Devs atleast get money for used game sales due to people purchasing a online code. PC, you don't have that option and must buy new unless you can find one on the internet.
    On PC, You buy new or you pirate. Game Companies Raped Games to the point where you can only one-time-activate/use stuff.

it's how it works.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by xxmirxx View Post
    I hate online passes so much it's already bad enough with new games costing 59.99 now this. I was very disappointment when found out Unchart 3 would required online pass.
    But if you were going to buy it new anyways...WHAT IS THE PROBLEM.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    On PC, You buy new or you pirate. Game Companies Raped Games to the point where you can only one-time-activate/use stuff.

it's how it works.
    I know this. But it originated on the PC. And since pirating on the PC is way easier.... The money to be made is on consoles. Which relates to the idiot that thinks consoles will end by 2020....

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Who whoa, are you telling me we get a new game w/ an online pass for free for the new copy? Jesus, developers are outta control.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 5 - Silver

I think it is annoying but it doesn't really affect me because I only buy new games anyways. But I can also understand why it exists.

Working On:
    "Fallout: New Vegas [Ultimate Edition]" - 59%,
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,
    "Dead Storm Pirates" - 52% (3/5 S Rank)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It's a minor annoyance having to input a code into the PSN to activate multiplayer functionality (or some other game feature), but otherwise it's not a huge issue. If you purchase used then what's another $10 to play multiplayer etc - you should already be saving a substantial amount of money buying used anyway... if you really feel so strongly against it then don't buy the game. That'll show em!

As for Season passes; if you are interested in the game and actually want to purchase the DLC then buying a season pass is much more cost effective and time efficient as you aren't required to pay full price for each item, and worse still have to individually purchase each one. The most recent season pass I bought was LA Noire's one for all of the case stories + extra crap. I like the game and thus want to play more of it so forking over $20 and saving myself $5-10 was worthwhile.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I was seriously considering to buy a another PS3, but all these prevents me from doing that. We still don't know how exactly these passes works but I pity the households that have more than one console units. Unless if the passes are linked and can be downloaded in both systems and it works for the entire accounts inside each system, that's an entirely different case.

I don't like it, but if the passes are worth $5 then it's really a small price to pay and nothing to fret for. For $10, it is 1/6 of the game's price and that's very considerable. Ultimately, if it's what developers need then there's nothing can be done about it. I'll sit back and watch how GameStop and other video game stores continue to fight this so they can keep selling used games.

my latest anime updates

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

last i checked this has always been the price of new games for the ps3
    when you buy it new the online pass comes for free
    or just wait until the game has a price drop to $49.99 or $39.99
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by chibuki View Post
    I was seriously considering to buy a another PS3, but all these prevents me from doing that. We still don't know how exactly these passes works but I pity the households that have more than one console units. Unless if the passes are linked and can be downloaded in both systems and it works for the entire accounts inside each system.

I don't like it, but if the passes are worth $5 then it's really a small price to pay and nothing to fret for. For $10, it is 1/6 of the game's price and that's very considerable. Ultimately, if it's what developers need then there's nothing can be done about it. I'll sit back and watch how GameStop and other video game stores continue to fight this so they can keep selling used games.
    Or you could just buy the games new...

Seriously, if you are so obsessed with buying used games over a 5-10 dollar DLC that comes free new, you probably shouldn't be gaming because obviously your priorities with your money aren't aligned.

I understand completely being frugal, but places like Amazon constantly run deals and if you're willing to wait a couple months for your games you can easily get new games for 40 bucks or cheaper...

I also understand you saying "well the used game will always be cheaper," to which I would reply at some point in time you need to say what you are doing is necessary to ensure the games you like keep getting made. You have a price-point you are seeking, and with a bit of paitience you can always get the game new at that price point.

Yup, been that way the entire generation... Actually if you adjust for inflation games have gotten cheaper since the mid-90s. Profit margins are WAAAAAAY tighter now than they were in the early-to-mid-90s.

I'll give ya an example... Star Fox 64 came out in 1997. I don't remember the exact retail price, but lets say it was 50 bucks. If you adjust that 50 bucks for the inflation we've had from 1997 to now (in USD) Star Fox 64 would cost new (in todays dollars) roughly 79 USD.

Now, you may throw a bunch of arguments against that statement, but before you do remember: The developers salaries are adjusted with merit/inflation, as should the average persons... So if you look at it from a %s point of view (which is what I mean by margin) GAMES HAVE GOTTEN CHEAPER.

Either way, its still the day one price. If you wait a couple months, you can easily get new games for 40-50 bucks.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 9 - Gold

We still don't know how exactly these passes works but I pity the households that have more than one console units. Unless if the passes are linked and can be downloaded in both systems and it works for the entire accounts inside each system, that's an entirely different case.
    That's exactly how almost all of them work. With the exception of White Knight Chronicles 2, only allowing you to play online with the account you redeemed the code with(DLing is not a possibility). But as I've said in a few posts about this. For people with multiple ps3's and buy multiple copies of games to play together, this ultimately can save you an extra $10 or so because of the ability to use your code. So from my perspective, I'll only be saving money because of this move .

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Or you could just buy the games new...

Seriously, if you are so obsessed with buying used games over a 5-10 dollar DLC that comes free new, you probably shouldn't be gaming because obviously your priorities with your money aren't aligned.

I understand completely being frugal, but places like Amazon constantly run deals and if you're willing to wait a couple months for your games you can easily get new games for 40 bucks or cheaper...

I also understand you saying "well the used game will always be cheaper," to which I would reply at some point in time you need to say what you are doing is necessary to ensure the games you like keep getting made. You have a price-point you are seeking, and with a bit of paitience you can always get the game new at that price point.
    I'm not going to bother with your second part, but there's just so much wrong with this section. Out of Chibuki's whole message, where exactly does he even mention used games? Here, in case you can't read:

I pity the households that have more than one console units.
    Guess what the thing was about. Ready? It's "Households that have more than one console unit." You also pretty much call Chibuki cheap, and go on this rant about used games that I mentioned earlier. It's amusing because in the post it pretty much says the opposite to what you're saying.

I don't like it, but if the passes are worth $5 then it's really a small price to pay and nothing to fret for. For $10, it is 1/6 of the game's price and that's very considerable.
    And just to make sure it sinks in, the post is about multiple consoles. Not used games.

Plus Chibuki also asks if it can be shared and admits about being unsure into which the above poster clears that up.

A plat a month!

This topic really needs to be stopped. This is the 10 millionth time this topic is brought up.

I've said this a million times before

1. If you buy the game new, you get the code automatically.
    2. If you buy used, but don't care about online play, no worries, you don't have to buy it.
    3. If you are buying the game used, you are already getting the game at a deeply discounted price. $10 extra, your still getting the game at a considerably lower price than the release day price.

Resident PHD

Ok I have been reading this thread now for two days and I have to say I am very disappointed in myself and the people of the forums.

Why has no one responded yet with "I am sick of these MOTHERFUCKING passes in my MOTHERFUCKING games" yet

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Why has no one responded yet with "I am sick of these MOTHERFUCKING passes in my MOTHERFUCKING games" yet
    Samuel L approves this message!

Lvl 5 - Silver

I am sick of these MOTHERFUCKING passes in my MOTHERFUCKING games looool
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234