Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who is Sick and Tired of this Season/Online/DLC Pass Crap?

This is a discussion on Who is Sick and Tired of this Season/Online/DLC Pass Crap? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; It seems like more are more every good game on the market has this crap tied to it, i'm so ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Who is Sick and Tired of this Season/Online/DLC Pass Crap?

It seems like more are more every good game on the market has this crap tied to it, i'm so sick and tired of all this seasons pass, online pass, dlc exlusive (store, new purchases, etc.) etc etc shit, its seriously SERIOUSLY getting to be a real big problem. Its getting to the point where I'm going to start going out of my way to not by these games at all, are from a 3rd party source so that the publishers don't get ANY money, listen up people, they wanna plaly this game, its up to us to stop this shit before it gets way outta hand (like it hasn't already). Come on, who's with me!

Resident PHD

The reason there is an online pass or whatever attached is because you buy from a 3rd party so the developer sees nothing. If you buy the game new (so the developer sees some money from that sale) then a pass is not required.

You're argument seems to be "I hate how developers want money for their games so to solve the problem I am not going to give them money for their games"

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

You weak azz niggs

Oh boy

PRO Member

I'd be more angry at the fact that they seem to be releasing TOO MANY games and many of them are broken with patches needed for download right away.

Nah but seriously, I wish they'd chill out on game releases. Maybe if they did that people could afford to buy more new releases? I can afford to buy them but really when I know I'll only play some games for a couple weeks before moving on to the next one that is being released a week or two later...its really just not worth buying new all the time.

NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS - I Will Decline Them

Wanna Boost? - Dead Island Riptide, Far Cry 3, Battlefield 3 Co-Op, Killzone 3 DLC, Warhawk, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Brutal Legend, Portal 2, Sacred 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Dead Nation

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddykraven View Post
    I'd be more angry at the fact that they seem to be releasing TOO MANY games and many of them are broken with patches needed for download right away.

Nah but seriously, I wish they'd chill out on game releases. Maybe if they did that people could afford to buy more new releases? I can afford to buy them but really when I know I'll only play some games for a couple weeks before moving on to the next one that is being released a week or two later...its really just not worth buying new all the time.
    This is actually a bigger problem. Games aren't like movies where if a big title comes out people will watch it and then see the other one later.

Games rely heavily on their first couple of week sales because otherwise they got lost in the shuffle and have an inevitable price drop. A game like UC3 (which is a GOTY contender for sure) is being sandwiched between COD and BF3 with Batman and AC and Skyrim right around the corner. This is going to really hurt UC sales because people will pick it up later used. So if the sales aren't there Naughty Dog might think next time they won't put so much time and effort into their games because they can release a buggy mess (Bethesda) or a generic shooter (activision) and get the same results.

Lvl 9 - Gold

.........rrrrrrright, so you're not assuming we were all mighty pissed when these things were even announced?

No Matter What

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    The reason there is an online pass or whatever attached is because you buy from a 3rd party so the developer sees nothing. If you buy the game new (so the developer sees some money from that sale) then a pass is not required.

You're argument seems to be "I hate how developers want money for their games so to solve the problem I am not going to give them money for their games"
    I'm pretty sure he means Season Pass as getting the DLC for free, but in a lot of cases is disc locked content.

Anyways I'm getting tired of people like you bitching about season passes. It's like everyone expects the gaming industry to stay the same and never have any changes....:stare:

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    This is actually a bigger problem. Games aren't like movies where if a big title comes out people will watch it and then see the other one later.

Games rely heavily on their first couple of week sales because otherwise they got lost in the shuffle and have an inevitable price drop. A game like UC3 (which is a GOTY contender for sure) is being sandwiched between COD and BF3 with Batman and AC and Skyrim right around the corner. This is going to really hurt UC sales because people will pick it up later used. So if the sales aren't there Naughty Dog might think next time they won't put so much time and effort into their games because they can release a buggy mess (Bethesda) or a generic shooter (activision) and get the same results.
    You know I always get frustrated with these releases but until recently didn't really see the correlation between used game sales and the "too many games being released" issue. But yes, exactly one causes the other and really it causes even more problems too because it causes some games to get pushed back, thus forgotten, and others are "rushed" so they can beat games out. If BF3 comes out buggy (or COD) I could easily see it was because of rushing so not to be the "second game" to the party.

Developers talk about poor sales and used games hurting them but really its their fault. The Gaming market is over saturated. I almost feel like the gaming studios should come together, sort of like the UN and regulate game releases. Stating "this year we are only going going to allow 2 big release shooters (maybe its per a quarter or something). This way they can work together to help the industry. Right now they are all competing and of course, thats good for gaming and the games get better as a result. However, they are shooting themselves in the foot at the same time.

If they could agree on some "ground rules" I think it'd still work out. That way I wouldn't have to say "I'll get Batman AC when the price drops because I'll be too busy with BF3 and 3-4 of my games in my backlog), then Saints Row 3 and Uncharted 3. I still want to buy Dues Ex as well as many others but there's TOO MANY for anyone who has school or work etc to do and have a normal life. Ok, sorry, /rant.

NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS - I Will Decline Them

Wanna Boost? - Dead Island Riptide, Far Cry 3, Battlefield 3 Co-Op, Killzone 3 DLC, Warhawk, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Brutal Legend, Portal 2, Sacred 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Dead Nation

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddykraven View Post
    You know I always get frustrated with these releases but until recently didn't really see the correlation between used game sales and the "too many games being released" issue. But yes, exactly one causes the other and really it causes even more problems too because it causes some games to get pushed back, thus forgotten, and others are "rushed" so they can beat games out. If BF3 comes out buggy (or COD) I could easily see it was because of rushing so not to be the "second game" to the party.

Developers talk about poor sales and used games hurting them but really its their fault. The Gaming market is over saturated. I almost feel like the gaming studios should come together, sort of like the UN and regulate game releases. Stating "this year we are only going going to allow 2 big release shooters (maybe its per a quarter or something). This way they can work together to help the industry. Right now they are all competing and of course, thats good for gaming and the games get better as a result. However, they are shooting themselves in the foot at the same time.

If they could agree on some "ground rules" I think it'd still work out. That way I wouldn't have to say "I'll get Batman AC when the price drops because I'll be too busy with BF3 and 3-4 of my games in my backlog), then Saints Row 3 and Uncharted 3. I still want to buy Dues Ex as well as many others but there's TOO MANY for anyone who has school or work etc to do and have a normal life. Ok, sorry, /rant.
    What I don't understand is why some of these developers don't just start releasing their games in July or August. Nothing comes out in those months, and are you telling me people won't buy UC or COD in August? If anything you will get the initial sales and then come Christmas you will get those sales as well.

Gears of War 3 did great because it came out when nothing else was coming out, a game like Resonance of Fate comes out on FF13 release day and gets completely forgotten.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

man i can't stand people that are willing to bend over and take it without putting up any resistance to this general screwing of us, the consumer, whatsoever, and then actually trying to justify getting milked. i thought the people in this community wer better than that..

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Orange-Vision View Post
    man i can't stand people that are willing to bend over and take it without putting up any resistance to this general screwing of us, the consumer, whatsoever, and then actually trying to justify getting milked. i thought the people in this community wer better than that..
    What getting milked? DLC is optional, if you want to buy it great if you don't want to fine. As explained already Online passes are free if you buy the game at the same price it has always been. By buying the game used you are not supporting the developer that created the game and the people whose jobs it is to maintain the service.

PSN is free for all to play, so it is only fair that the people who perform upkeep and general maintenance of those servers should see some money. How would you feel if you did your job and at the end of it you did not receive a check for all your work.

Lvl 9 - Gold

so you want to boycot

Lvl 2 - Bronze

all it is is the companies stickin it to the consumers. I understand places like gamestop are shitty, and i never buy any products used from them ever. But the game industry have been thriving for the last decade, and this crap was just recently introduced within the last year more or less, so are you really telling me that the developers are hurting that much all of a sudden that they have to nickely and dime the consumer? Why not try to stick it to the real problem, gamestop?

The One and Only

For marketing reasons I see this as a good thing, but pocket wise I just can't get it at the same time I purchase a used game

If I had a job this wouldn't be an issue at all, however.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

what i hate the most is the trophies that are tied to the online so im basically forced to pay for a feature that i would never use

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Resident PHD

all it is is the companies stickin it to the consumers. I understand places like gamestop are shitty, and i never buy any products used from them ever. But the game industry have been thriving for the last decade, and this crap was just recently introduced within the last year more or less, so are you really telling me that the developers are hurting that much all of a sudden that they have to nickely and dime the consumer? Why not try to stick it to the real problem, gamestop?
    Do you actually read the other posts or do you just live in your own world. They are sticking it to places like Gamestop by introducing Online passes. If you buy the game brand new then it cost you nothing extra. Whether the game had a pass or not it cost YOU nothing extra.

If you choose to buy the game used and if you want to utilize the free servers then you have to pay a small fee. If you don't want to play online then you can buy the game used and there isn't a problem.

You keep responding with the same post over and over but you don't actually debate any of the points brought up. You sir are a pretty sad little troll, so good luck with your boycott, meanwhile I'll be playing UC3 next week

Lvl 2 - Bronze

You've completely missed the point and clearly don't understand what i'm trying to say. Keep supporting it and when they see they can get away with this, it'll only get worse, until it gets to the point where you have to enter a one time only activation code and your forced to buy all your games new. There testing the consumers with all this. seeing how far they can go. People like you are saying it okay to get less for more, and thats something i'll never support. Have fun with uncharted3.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

What I don't like in regards to DLC..is when they remove it and you need it to complete quests or if its part of the main story. Altho I do agree with doing something about the mass amounts of games released in the fall. I do see a point in the fact that everyone is getting ready for holiday shopping and thus..more money. I also think however multiplayer trophies..should be optional..and not count towards a plat!
    All credit goes to Athena
    Got last.fm? http://www.last.fm/user/Metal_Queen666
    All credit goes to Auburn

Lvl 4 - Silver

I normally rent games or wait until they go on a good sale. Then if I really like the game I will buy the DLC. I can kind of understand the frustration of the OP, but also fully support the points made by dr_mayus.

Regional Manager of War

Huh...its pointless getting into this you have one side saying "The online pass doesn't affect me I buy all my games new blah blah blah" than you have the others side saying "It isn't fair that the put online passes into games not everyone has alot of disposable income to buy games at full retail or a means to buying them online like ebay/amazon. This is a very troublesome topic. All I have to say is we have to deal with it unfortunately.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast