From Software Bought by Kadokawa games

This is a discussion on From Software Bought by Kadokawa games within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Currently a Japan-only link exists, but it basically says Kadokawa games bought them KADOKAWA€ƒ•ƒ*ƒ*ƒ‚ƒ•ƒˆ‚‚‚‚’ƒˆƒƒ‚‚‚ƒ‚‚ˆ‚Š買Ž €’川‚ƒƒ*‚とと‚‚に‚ƒƒƒ—の**‚ƒƒ*企*と—て •–‹へ | Social Game Info ...

INTJ

From Software Bought by Kadokawa games

Currently a Japan-only link exists, but it basically says Kadokawa games bought them

KADOKAWA€ƒ•ƒ*ƒ*ƒ‚ƒ•ƒˆ‚‚‚‚’ƒˆƒƒ‚‚‚ƒ‚‚ˆ‚Š買Ž €’川‚ƒƒ*‚とと‚‚に‚ƒƒƒ—の**‚ƒƒ*企*と—て •–‹へ | Social Game Info

for those not in the know, there's a huge publishing company called Kadokawa Shoten in japan, they publish alot of anime/movies/games/manga/books/etc. in japan.

the game side of their department is Kadokawa games

Kadokawa Games (Company) - Giant Bomb

this company doesn't like to publish in the west at all. If their games do get published in the west, it's from a third party (lollipop chainsaw was published by Warner Bros, for example) so unless the companies games have mass appeal, you will never see them in the west.

demon/dark souls was born out of niche fanbase, so you can see why this is a big deal.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    demon/dark souls was born out of niche fanbase, so you can see why this is a big deal.
    That's very true, but as you're aware, it has become a global phenomon (whether that's good or bad depends on your point of view), so I don't see it affecting the Souls series, if there are any further sequels. But I get your point--this may preclude having another Souls-type situation where a game goes mainstream, but started as a "grassroots" type thing.
    Last edited by Hitman; 04-28-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I don't think it's bad news, i read on gamekings that they're working on something really big...