what are some good Japanese ps3 games?

This is a discussion on what are some good Japanese ps3 games? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I have been learning japanese for the past 2 years and I am getting really good at it. I was ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

what are some good Japanese ps3 games?

I have been learning japanese for the past 2 years and I am getting really good at it. I was wondering what some good japanese games there for ps3 that I could import? I would like to test my japanese skills with a game, and just to experience a game that not a lot of people here have played.

Sig by Bladia

PRO Member

The "Tales of" franchise would be a good start from I've heard from people. Especially Tales of Vesperia.

Lvl 5 - Silver

OK. I will look into that one. Thanks

Sig by Bladia

Oh!, pretty flowers!

You could try NIS games, also, if you like Visual Novels, Hakuoki SotS is great!, and Clannad is great also

If you are going for NIS games, I really recommend you start on Disgaea ones!

Sig & avy by Dare!!

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Unhorned Unicorn View Post
    You could try NIS games, also, if you like Visual Novels, Hakuoki SotS is great!, and Clannad is great also

If you are going for NIS games, I really recommend you start on Disgaea ones!
    Could you recommend some visual novels. I was going I start a thread for my question but since this is current I'll just ask here. I just finished When the Seagulls Cry. It's probably the second easiest platinum ever, after Days in the Sanctuary. Those are two visual novels that I've completed, with Time Leap being the third. All of those were easy platinums. I'm looking for other easy platinums.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Oh!, pretty flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    Could you recommend some visual novels. I was going I start a thread for my question but since this is current I'll just ask here. I just finished When the Seagulls Cry. It's probably the second easiest platinum ever, after Days in the Sanctuary. Those are two visual novels that I've completed, with Time Leap being the third. All of those were easy platinums. I'm looking for other easy platinums.
    Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi, pretty easy platinum with a guide at your side (I'm going to make one on this forum, the first one around), if you skip every dialogue, you can get the platinum in around 8-10 hours, if you want to enjoy the history, and enjoy every path available, and all the memories, it's a 120+ hours game

Sig & avy by Dare!!

Bob 'n' Becca

I looked for it on ebay. It's there and there's a trophy guide for it out there on the interwebz. I just may have to get it since it's for a good price. Actually, I say most of the japanese visual novels are a good price. The way I look at it, I rarely buy new (or used) games, so when I do 40-60$ is what I would pay for a normal game over here. It evens itself out, IMO.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!