Turtle Beach PLa PS3 Headset Question

This is a discussion on Turtle Beach PLa PS3 Headset Question within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hi. Just bought myself an Turtle Beach Ear Force PLa Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset for PS3 today, and the instructions ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Turtle Beach PLa PS3 Headset Question

Hi. Just bought myself an Turtle Beach Ear Force PLa Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset for PS3 today, and the instructions are extremely non-descriptive. It has a USB connection wire that plugs into the PS3 system, and then attached to the same wire is another wire that ends in a red/white cable. The instructions say to plug the red/white jacks into the PS3 A/V cable, and then plug that into the TV, but I'm using a high-speed HDMI cable for both audio and video for my PS3. The instructions say to keep the HDMI plug connected to both the TV and the PS3, but thats it.

I got the headset to work in terms of hearing other people chatting on their mics, but the game sound, which can come through the headset speakers, cant be heard. It's only coming through the TV.

If anyone has this headset, can you help me out on connecting it fully?
    Below are links to the product as to what it looks like and everything. I got mine from Toys R Us.

Ear Force PLa Gaming Headset - Turtle Beach - Toys "R" Us

Turtle Beach Ear Force PLa Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset for PlayStation 3 TBS-3005-01 - Best Buy

Fight the Future

When you go to the headset setting in the PS3 menu, do you have the input and output set to the Turtle Beach headset?

Lvl 9 - Gold

yeah, i have them both set to the Turtle Beach PLa option

PRO Member

I don't have the headset but I would imagine you would need to do something like this...

1.Hook your PS3 component cable into your ps3 alongside your HDMI and run the audio wires to your headset
    2.Go to your ps3"s sound settings>Audio multi-output and turn it on. Now the sound should be coming from your TV and through the headset.

EDIT- Much easier.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist