PS3, longer loading screens, fan noise.

This is a discussion on PS3, longer loading screens, fan noise. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Well, as the tittle says... Is my PS3 dying? :c I have antoher one ready if this one dies, but ...

Oh!, pretty flowers!

PS3, longer loading screens, fan noise.

Well, as the tittle says... Is my PS3 dying? :c
    I have antoher one ready if this one dies, but I had this one since early 2010 :c

Sig & avy by Dare!!

KCCO!

Not sure about the loading screens, but my fan has been working a bit harder these days because the weather's getting hot and I refuse to turn on the AC, so it's warmer in my room.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Is your PS3 hard drive almost full? If so you could delete the game installs that you do not play anymore and it's always good to get the dust cleaned out of your PS3 and getting the lense cleaned as well may help. If you get your PS3 cleaned out make sure it's a professional/legit business and not someone you found in the newspaper.

Oh!, pretty flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Not sure about the loading screens, but my fan has been working a bit harder these days because the weather's getting hot and I refuse to turn on the AC, so it's warmer in my room.
    Same here AC at 24ēC :c, and It's put for wet&cold :c

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    Is your PS3 hard drive almost full? If so you could delete the game installs that you do not play anymore and it's always good to get the dust cleaned out of your PS3 and getting the lense cleaned as well may help. If you get your PS3 cleaned out make sure it's a professional/legit business and not someone you found in the newspaper.
    Well, it's the 250GB one, and I have around... 25GB free, could it be the prob?
    And I use to clean it by myself, because here's there's no one that could clean them properly :'(

Sig & avy by Dare!!

KCCO!

I'd do as MAX suggests and clear some of your useless shit out. Also, look into rebuilding your database; that may help.

Oh!, pretty flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I'd do as MAX suggests and clear some of your useless shit out. Also, look into rebuilding your database; that may help.
    Well, mostly of the things are patches, etc... and GT6 :$, I have the digital one :$
    I'll keep cleaning and I'll try to rebuild my DB, I wish I won't lose anything >.<

Sig & avy by Dare!!

Lvl 4 - Silver

I have an original 60gig fatty with a 640gig hdd in it and mine fan is loud as could be. I have around 50gig free space and I rebuild my database once a month. Does deleting games really help? Damn you ps+ for all the freebies!

Oh!, pretty flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by seether98 View Post
    I have an original 60gig fatty with a 640gig hdd in it and mine fan is loud as could be. I have around 50gig free space and I rebuild my database once a month. Does deleting games really help? Damn you ps+ for all the freebies!
    I dunno if it really helps, but I deleted GT6, just another 30gb free on my HDD, and it's not making the hard fan noises it did this last days o.O
    Maybe it was another thing, but it seems it's working o.O

Sig & avy by Dare!!

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Unhorned Unicorn View Post
    Well, mostly of the things are patches, etc... and GT6 :$, I have the digital one :$
    I'll keep cleaning and I'll try to rebuild my DB, I wish I won't lose anything >.<
    If it's digital content, you lose nothing. Just download it again from the PS Store. There's no point clogging up your HDD with stuff you don't play.

Quote Originally Posted by seether98 View Post
    The more crap you install, the larger the database, the greater the risk of fragmentation or corruption. Computers are the same. Trimming the fat should improve system performance.

Activate but then cancel the PS+ downloads a few seconds after they start so they appear in your PS Store Downloads section. They'll be available whenever you want.

Lvl 9 - Gold

i have a regular room fan, one that plugs into the wall and has a stand all that fun stuff, and i propped it up next to my PS3 & PS4. if i know I'm gonna be playing for awhile, ill just turn the fan on, and face it towards my systems. it works well, keeps them cool. the room fan cost me only $29.99.

ive also heard rumors that placing your system over stacked egg cartons that have been cut up (as in like taking the lid off and cutting holes in the bottom of the slots where the eggs go) keeps the systems cooler. someone explained it to me as saying since its not on a hard, solid surface, the hot air around the bottom of the system is free to move whereas normally it'd be trapped under it.

Venire, Videre, Vince

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    i have a regular room fan, one that plugs into the wall and has a stand all that fun stuff, and i propped it up next to my PS3 & PS4. if i know I'm gonna be playing for awhile, ill just turn the fan on, and face it towards my systems. it works well, keeps them cool. the room fan cost me only $29.99.

ive also heard rumors that placing your system over stacked egg cartons that have been cut up (as in like taking the lid off and cutting holes in the bottom of the slots where the eggs go) keeps the systems cooler. someone explained it to me as saying since its not on a hard, solid surface, the hot air around the bottom of the system is free to move whereas normally it'd be trapped under it.
    Post a picture if you don't mind this I have to see.

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

Lvl 7 - Gold

I recommend that you clear as much space as you can, rebuild your file system (instructions here , How-To: Rebuild The PS3 Database For Better Speed), vacuum out the air vents on your console, and maybe find a way to get your console as much ventilation as you can. You don't have it standing on its side do you?