PS3 Freeze/stuck every time i play FPS games .

This is a discussion on PS3 Freeze/stuck every time i play FPS games . within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Every time i turn on my ps to play Battlefield or COD i can only play one online game then ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

PS3 Freeze/stuck every time i play FPS games .

Every time i turn on my ps to play Battlefield or COD i can only play one online game then i got freeze at finish loading screen , i mean i can play normally the entire round but the problem is at the end , others games i can play for hours no problem only FPS . I know this kind of games heat cpu pretty well but in just one game ?!

PS, when it freeze i can reboot it only buy pressing the inject button (CD button) , it dont react to power button .

SORRY for bad English .

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Yusuf_Obaidat View Post
    Every time i turn on my ps to play Battlefield or COD i can only play one online game then i got freeze at finish loading screen , i mean i can play normally the entire round but the problem is at the end , others games i can play for hours no problem only FPS . I know this kind of games heat cpu pretty well but in just one game ?!

PS, when it freeze i can reboot it only buy pressing the inject button (CD button) , it dont react to power button .

SORRY for bad English .
    That is really strange. Maybe the problem occurs when the games save stuff to your HDD, seeing as the freezing happens at the end of the match, when your progress is usually saved. Then again, I think the multiplayer progress of both of those games is stored online, on their servers, not on your console. Weird.

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Cloud your save files and rebuild the database.

:crossfingers:

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post

Hoped this worked for you. It worked for me.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Sorry but how i do it exactly ? . I have to user account one for me and one for my brother , i have ps+ he dont so he cant cloud his files i think how rebuild will affect his user exactly ?

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Sorry but how i do it exactly ?
    How-To: Rebuild The PS3 Database For Better Speed

Lvl 5 - Silver

what also helps, (helped me) was I installed BOII to my HDD and it fixed it for me. everytime I palyed RAID it would freeze, now never

Lvl 2 - Bronze

For the record rebuilding the database did not help .

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72 View Post
    what also helps, (helped me) was I installed BOII to my HDD and it fixed it for me. everytime I palyed RAID it would freeze, now never
    How you do that exactly ?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Ok guys it seems i didn't notice this important things tell now ! so here are they .

1) When i said "others games i can play for hours no problem only FPS" the other games are downloaded games (recorded on HDD) , FPS are not !
    2) In game or at the end
    the reading cd sound that normaly appears while playing cod or bf ( normal disk read /processing noise) disappear and became quite with frequency appearing sound (every 2 or 4 seconds) that last for less than a second , its hard to describe but to me its like want to read it but it cant .

So i think the problem is on the reading are not HDD what you think ?

Here is a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZNkA7R96MY

Lvl 5 - Silver

How you do that exactly ?
    not sure where, but in BO2 there is an option to install the game. I'm at work now and cant check. ill check whenI get home and message you. unless someonehere knows now...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72 View Post
    not sure where, but in BO2 there is an option to install the game. I'm at work now and cant check. ill check whenI get home and message you. unless someonehere knows now...
    Thanks i will wait .

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Latest update : I just played GTA 5 online same problem ..

Lvl 5 - Silver

So for BO2, at the multiplayer screen select options and at the bottom it says install. For GTA 5 I don't play it but look for something similar

Lvl 7 - Gold

this does happen a lot, because a lot of FPS games tend to run at higher frames-per-second, and/or have a lot more activity going on at a much faster rate than other genres. it helps if you enter Safe Mode and restore any corrupted data on your PS3 more often, also keeping all the vents and everything dust-free, not playing too much while the PS3 is really hot, and also keeping as much free space as possible on you system HDD. i used to keep around 11-12GB free on my PS3, and a lot of FPS games would freeze constantly. i then deleted a bunch of stuff and I'm currently at 39GB free, and I've noticed a dramatic decrease in the number of times games freeze

MUCH THANX TO BLADIA FOR THE KICKASS SIG!!!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Guys i found the solution , the problem was in heat not in the driver, the repair man that i went to didnt know how to fix it and replaced me with a charge 70$ that didnt fix the problem , so if you will have same problem in the future save your money and just do what i did , found a solution of my own lol ..

PRO Member

Guys i found the solution , the problem was in heat not in the driver, the repair man that i went to didnt know how to fix it and replaced me with a charge 70$ that didnt fix the problem , so if you will have same problem in the future save your money and just do what i did , found a solution of my own lol ..
    Thanks for keeping us updated and i'm glad it worked out for you but if your system is getting to hot in the 20 minutes it takes to play a round of CoD it may turn out to be a more serious problem.

Not sure if it's just the way you had it set up in the picture but you should probably give it more room for ventilation in the back.
    Sig and Avy made by Achantion
    Trophy Checklist

ADMlNlSTRATOR

This is one of the worst DIYs I've seen in quite some time. In the end, it'll be packed full of dust.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Javro_07 View Post
    Thanks for keeping us updated and i'm glad it worked out for you but if your system is getting to hot in the 20 minutes it takes to play a round of CoD it may turn out to be a more serious problem.

Not sure if it's just the way you had it set up in the picture but you should probably give it more room for ventilation in the back.
    Serious or not this is my last stand , thanks for the advise .

Lvl 2 - Bronze

This is one of the worst DIYs I've seen in quite some time. In the end, it'll be packed full of dust.
    It is not DIY , just explain that the problem is in over heating so i just opened it and put a fan , but i think with vacuum it should be fine .