How can I improve PSN network issues like there too much lag or is it my internet provider?

This is a discussion on How can I improve PSN network issues like there too much lag or is it my internet provider? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; No text messages for 8 months now and not sure I need to find a site that has game session ...

Banned

How can I improve PSN network issues like there too much lag or is it my internet provider?

No text messages for 8 months now and not sure I need to find a site that has game session feature I should join.

Oh!, pretty flowers!

If you have too much lag, it could be 2 things:
    1-You are using Wi-Fi and you are too far from your modem.
    2-Your internet is pretty slow, but I know some guys with a 1Mbps conection or less, and they are playing perfectly o.O

Sig & avy by Dare!!

Banned

Not sure I'm should be using wired or buy my own internet provider.Maybe I'm unlocking too many trophies.

Lvl 6 - Silver

its not the tropies you're unlocking lol.
    ISP's like Comcast sell you speeds "up to" so much speed. Problem is its a shared line lke it or not. think of it like this, the internet/your ISP is like a big glass of water. the glass is your ISP, the water is the internet, and the straw you put in is your speed. you want more speed, use a larger straw. heres the fun part, your neighbors see you have great speeds and want your ISP. now thats more straws in your glass of water/Internet. the more straws/users the slower your connection when more neighbors are on. Solution, get an ISP that GAURANTEES you that speed regardless of the amount of users on at the same time. im not sure whats available inyour area, but here in Boston we have FIOS, (top), RCN, (next best), and finally Comcast/Xfinity. Comcast/Xfinity is the worst offender of shared speeds. , (IMO and from my speed tests)

Banned

I'm from Ontario Canada.I cant tell if I connected twice on the internet once on wired and once on wireless on my PS3 console.Not sure wired is trusted.

Lvl 9 - Gold

don't forget the more electronics you're using that are connected to the internet causes more lag on the wi-fi. also, if you're using a wireless connection, like i am, other everyday electronics, even ones that don't use wi-fi, such as microwaves, tv's, radios etc, can interfere with the wi-fi signal.

Banned

Should I switch to wired?

worlds biggest welch fan

Go wired, i had wireless for way to long.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Negator

Surprised nobody mentioned making sure your gateway was configured properly and having NAT-2 connection on PS3.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Banned

Well, I'm pretty far from my router, I only get a signal of about 60%, and my connection is less than 1Mb/s and I get no lag whatsoever. So yeah.

Banned

Wired is the same as wireless and both arent trusted connection.I guess it time to buy my own internet provider to have my own router.