Arcade racing games with not so tough plats.

This is a discussion on Arcade racing games with not so tough plats. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I just finished BO: Paradise, wouldn't you know it - as soon as I started really enjoying the game - ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Arcade racing games with not so tough plats.

I just finished BO: Paradise, wouldn't you know it - as soon as I started really enjoying the game - I got the plat. So, I crave more ofc.

On current gen I have played - BOaradise, Fuel and Pure. So was wonderin' if there are any arcade racing games with plat that ain't too hard, like in burnout.

I've been eying Blur and Modnation Racers, but read a few reviews - people say plats are hārd! Didn't know who else to turn to.. This is our most desparate hour... Help me Obi Wan Kenobi! You're my only hope.

Before you say it - I know burnout has tons of DLC, but I'm not the DLC kind of guy (fight the system! fuck the police! eat fear, shit intimidation!) I do own the "ultimate box" which doesn't even contain half of it (so much for it being ultimate... capcom eat your heart out) so I am gonna get the bike dlc trophies.

The One and Only

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and Midnight Club: Los Angeles ain't hard, except trophies glitched on me on Midnight Club

Also I heard mixed reviews about ModNation Racers and Blur, maybe rent it to check those out for yourself.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Resident PHD

Modnation is a pretty brutal plat, the game gets pretty hard but it is the XP that kills it.

You should check out Motorstorm Apocalypse. I am about half way there myself but I have heard it is not the hardest plat.

Also Cars Race-o-rama.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

need for speed hot pursuit quite easy
    blur isnt that tough just requires you to do some stupid things for trophies
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and Midnight Club: Los Angeles ain't hard, except trophies glitched on me on Midnight Club

Also I heard mixed reviews about ModNation Racers and Blur, maybe rent it to check those out for yourself.
    I don't rent games for 2 reasons really, 1: i consider it harmful for the industry, 2: i live in a post soviet stinkhole with only 1 gaming dedicated shop in the whole city (the capital BTW) with outrageous prices , and they don't rent out games neither, so that drops off.

Gonna look in to Midnight Club, thanks!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    need for speed hot pursuit quite easy
    blur isnt that tough just requires you to do some stupid things for trophies
    But is it also fun?

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Modnation is a pretty brutal plat, the game gets pretty hard but it is the XP that kills it.

You should check out Motorstorm Apocalypse. I am about half way there myself but I have heard it is not the hardest plat.

Also Cars Race-o-rama.
    Gonna go look 'em up, thanks!

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHorror View Post
    But is it also fun?
    need for speed is fun but after a while you might be bored with it becuz your pretty much doing the same thing
    idk everyone is different
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

worlds biggest welch fan

split second, NFS hot pursuit and cars to even it out.

congrats on pure.

And the last thing I read about blur is the servers are down for MP and you need that for the PLAT. I like racing but the hard difficulty gets tricky then I lost all my saved data.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

The One and Only

I don't rent games for 2 reasons really, 1: i consider it harmful for the industry, 2: i live in a post soviet stinkhole with only 1 gaming dedicated shop in the whole city (the capital BTW) with outrageous prices , and they don't rent out games neither, so that drops off.

Gonna look in to Midnight Club, thanks!
    That's alright. If you ever get the game, don't be afraid to message me for boosting

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 9 - Gold

Gonna go look 'em up, thanks!
    the singleplayer is hard.the online is easy but time consuming

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Just speaking for Blur it's a tough game, but nothing totally impossible. The online servers are still up, despite what people say. (I just popped it in just to check) and the online isn't nowhere near as dead as people make it out to be (with solid servers and never having to wait very long to find a match if you need be, there were 281 people when I logged on). Is it a hard game? Not terribly so for a person who is going to put in the time and effort to learn the cars, braking, power ups, short cuts, and unlock the proper power ups to make your car have the right set-up.

But it is a bit time consuming, and for people who aren't exactly good at racing games (I'm better than most, I definitely don't suck by any means, but am prone to losing streaks as much as the next guy) but it's not what I would call an easy Platinum by any means, so if you're up for a respectable Platinum that is still achievable - try Blur.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Plats-O'-War!!

I'll have to say (as well) Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and Split Second. Neither one is a hard , and you'll have a ton of fun playing both!

PRO Mimbur

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    ...blur isnt that tough just requires you to do some stupid things for trophies

Quote Originally Posted by nevetsteven2 View Post
    ...And the last thing I read about blur is the servers are down for MP and you need that for the PLAT. I like racing but the hard difficulty gets tricky then I lost all my saved data.
    Blur is my favorite racing game. But I'd only recommend it if the online is booming...which it's not. The multiplayer made the game. It's also a tough I had a guy on the 1st page of the leaderboard asking me to get a trophy for him.

I would recommend NFS Hot Pursuit. As long as you have decent skills with racing games this won't give you many problems. There's one race with some crazy rubberbanding AI but boost drifting takes care of it.

Motorstorm Apocalypse was fun and easy but the leveling up trophy is long and boring. There's a way to boost it with 2 controllers to save on time.

Split/Second is fun but the tracks and explosions become repetitive. There are 2 time trial trophies that give people fits. It's all about the car that you choose. I can't remember which car was best for each(is was in a post on a thread before the server collaspe).
    Last edited by ABSTRACT678; 10-20-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Cars: Race-O-Rama is really easy, but it's not an arcade racer. Split/Second is also moderate difficulty, but it can often come down to luck with winning many of the races, which gets really annoying.

Congrats on getting that 'Wildcard' trophy in Burnout. It remains the luckiest trophy I have ever earned.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Thanks everyone! I think I'll start with Need for speed first, and then all others! Cheers!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

You should check out Sonic and Sega Allstars Racing, it's actually a really awesome fun kart racer and a fairly easy platinum too