Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What is best to download a game or to buy a disk ?

This is a discussion on What is best to download a game or to buy a disk ? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; FPS and GTA type games better to download or get get disk version ?...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

What is best to download a game or to buy a disk ?

FPS and GTA type games better to download or get get disk version ?

Oh!, pretty flowers!

I download every game since 1 year ago, the only physical one I bought was KH 1.5 HD Remix because it's not on the store.

I preffer downloads because if you lose the disc, you need to buy another time the game, but downloads are allways by your side!

Sig & avy by Dare!!

Lvl 6 - Silver

discs are better because you save space on your HDD for PSN only games. I have NEVER lost a disc and like my HDD space on my 500gig white PS3

Venire, Videre, Vince

Do you care if your HDD gets filled up to the point where you cannot add any more games? Or If you do then the disc is the way to go.

On a side note:

Toggle Spoiler

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

Renegade Time Lord

Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post
    Do you care if your HDD gets filled up to the point where you cannot add any more games? Or If you do then the disc is the way to go.

On a side note:

Toggle Spoiler

Completely agree. I normally play a game till I have done everything including DLC then trade them in. You can not do that with downloads. Plus I have never lost a disk.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

Oh!, pretty flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post

On a side note:

Toggle Spoiler

I lost around 20 games when I moved to another country, I dunno if the airport guys or something took them >.<

Sig & avy by Dare!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have around 30 games on disc, and now 40+ on digital copy. my 500GG hard drive is almost full now... but back to the topic, each one has their pros and cons

Disc - Pros: Well, if you have a lot of games, you can have an amazing collection, sometimes even wit artbooks or whatever. Also, with a physical copy, you can trade a game in
    cons: Discs get scratched or broken or lost (though none of that has ever happened to me)

Digital - Pros: Easy to access, loading times are quicker (I think) and you can always download it again
    Cons: Takes up space and you may need a large HDD. Also, not everyone has uncapped internet or that fast internet and if you download a 10GB game with a 2mb/s line speed, it'll take you around 12 hours or so. which is actually a long wait if you bought the game and you're eager to play it...But I'm patient so it's fine

My Opinion - Digital versions are better

Lvl 8 - Gold

Buying digital downloads of games on the ps store is a rip off,how do they justify pricing a digital copy at the same price of a retail version.I have only bought one game digitally(Infamous Second Son)and i will never make that mistake again,the game has zero replay value after beating it,now it just sits their on my hard drive reminding me of my mistake,if it were a retail version i could have traded the game or given it to my nephew,but i was stupid and bought digital and now im stuck with a game i will never play again.

Forget I Was Ever Here

Quote Originally Posted by Unhorned Unicorn View Post
    I download every game since 1 year ago, the only physical one I bought was KH 1.5 HD Remix because it's not on the store.

I preffer downloads because if you lose the disc, you need to buy another time the game, but downloads are allways by your side!
    How long will you "own" these games? There are license agreements that if you don't play a game for a certain amount of time you lose it.

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 4 - Silver

For me it depends on the type of game. I will be getting Diablo 3 and Mortal Kombat X on ps4 digitally. Those types of games you can put down and come back to months later and still enjoy. I buy disc version of games that I know I'll platinum and never play again. Like a Lego game for example.

Oh!, pretty flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    How long will you "own" these games? There are license agreements that if you don't play a game for a certain amount of time you lose it.
    Is it true...?

Sig & avy by Dare!!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Thanks all for sharing your opinions and your experiences but i had to be more clear , if i want to buy lets say BF4 that i know i will keep it forever what is better for the console , to be digital or disc ? because my driver recently died from constant playing , could this happen to my HDD ? . I personally prefer disks for the reasons most of you mentioned but i don't want to pay another 70$ for a driver . I buy digital copies only if there is a good deal and a game that i know i will enjoy for along time .

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by seether98 View Post
    For me it depends on the type of game. I will be getting Diablo 3 and Mortal Kombat X on ps4 digitally. Those types of games you can put down and come back to months later and still enjoy. I buy disc version of games that I know I'll platinum and never play again. Like a Lego game for example.
    Exactly like me .

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Unhorned Unicorn View Post
    Is it true...?
    I do not believe that is true.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    I do not believe that is true.
    How long is a "certain amount of time" ? Any idea?

The fact that is does expire isn't thaaat much of an issue for me now, by the time they expire, I'll have been done with those games and hopefully will have my PS4.

But yes, digital copies should be priced much less than physical copies, It's only fair....

Check Those Corners

I prefer a physical copy because if something happens to the company/network, your ownership may be at risk.

Unless there is sales. Then I load up. But it wastes storage room.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have NEVER had had a game "expire" on me that I "paid" for! I'm not rentong or leasing these games I am BUYING them, I WON them. I have games that I havent played in years like Q-Bert. I played it yesterday for the first time in 3 years, I even redownloaded it again before playing it.
    Dont let anyine tell you they expire if you dont play them, its a lie!

Oh!, pretty flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72 View Post
    I have NEVER had had a game "expire" on me that I "paid" for! I'm not rentong or leasing these games I am BUYING them, I WON them. I have games that I havent played in years like Q-Bert. I played it yesterday for the first time in 3 years, I even redownloaded it again before playing it.
    Dont let anyine tell you they expire if you dont play them, its a lie!
    Yoo_Hoo may hate me or something :c

Sig & avy by Dare!!

Forget I Was Ever Here

It actually is true....Call Sony up and ask them. I also hate no person. Nor did I ever say every game is like that because I wouldn't be aware of that but it has happened to me and exactly Sony told me it says so in the license agreement as your purchase it. So Sony is a lie I presume as somebody is stating.

I was only stating what happened to me. It's just a matter or renewing the license.

It is time for me to go underground

Lord of all Goat-Men

Digital prices currently mirror retail prices because Sony and Microsoft NEED retailers to sell consoles, and if they were to lower digital prices, they'd be undercutting Gamestop etc. and their business would no longer be viable. Once Sony and Microsoft no longer need retailers, digital game prices will drop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast