Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - No PVP mode? Worth the buy?

This is a discussion on Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - No PVP mode? Worth the buy? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Transformers games have always been fun to me, I mean Fall of Cybertron then War of Cybertron I put plenty ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - No PVP mode? Worth the buy?

Transformers games have always been fun to me, I mean Fall of Cybertron then War of Cybertron I put plenty of hours iinto the multiplayers those games are probably the only ones I dont mind getting multiplayer trophies in! But Ive been looking around the internet and everybody says their is no PVP mode there will only be Escalation! This game is being made by Edge of Reality and not High Moon Studio so that may be why! But PVP is one of the big reasons to buy a Transformers game I enjoy how diverse it is!

While I was looking on Youtube at a trailer I saw one guys comment saying there will be PVP but it will be for an update/dlc? But i dot know if I can credit him been googling it for awhile now cant find no news bout PVP.

Toggle Spoiler

So do you think its worth a buy? Even if no PVP mode? Should I just wait to see?
    *Also for those who buy the game regarless cuz they just love Transformers preorder at Gamestop will receive 2 movie tickets for Age of Extinction and a poster!*

Lvl 9 - Gold

There are trophies for reaching levels 5, 10 and 25, as well as for activating Prime Mode, so perhaps they're tied to a form of non-Escalation multiplayer? I can't see them being Escalation trophies, as you can't level up in that mode, unless it's been changed from the Cybertron games.

If you're a TransFormers fan, you'll undoubtedly buy it anyway. As for whether it'll be worth it - well, it's hard to say as the game isn't out yet. The idea of merging two separate TF universe together does sound promising, but there's always the chance that it'll join the long list of disappointing movie tie-ins. Your best bet would be to wait until it's been out for a week or so and people have had a chance to voice their opinions on it, and then take it from there.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I doubted about the game, will probably get it after a price-drop...