I'm Kinda Out of the Loop...

This is a discussion on I'm Kinda Out of the Loop... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So it's been quite a while since I really looked at upcoming PS3 games, but I 've seen a few ...

The One and Only

I'm Kinda Out of the Loop...

So it's been quite a while since I really looked at upcoming PS3 games, but I 've seen a few out there now that look interesting, hell I just got GTA V for the PS3.

Now that I want to play my PS3 more, what recent/upcoming PS3 games are out there that you'd recommend from an retired trophy hunter/PS3 gamer just getting back at his game? I might wait another year or so before I get a PS4, I'll look into those games when the time comes.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I'd throw in South Park: The Stick Of Truth. It was highly enjoyable, not particularly lenghty for an RPG, but plays well throughout.

Of course you could also play Wolfenstein on PS3, and that's supposed to be pretty damn good.

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    I'd throw in South Park: The Stick Of Truth. It was highly enjoyable, not particularly lenghty for an RPG, but plays well throughout.

Of course you could also play Wolfenstein on PS3, and that's supposed to be pretty damn good.
    Yes! A RT Member responding to this thread!

I forgot about the South Park game, seems like something I'd buy simply because I like South Park! Is it a good to attempt?

I'd have to look more into Wolfenstein, thanks for the response!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Yes! A RT Member responding to this thread!

I forgot about the South Park game, seems like something I'd buy simply because I like South Park! Is it a good to attempt?

I'd have to look more into Wolfenstein, thanks for the response!

If you follow the Trophy Guide, South Park should be pretty simple for a climactic Ding! I only rented it so I didn't keep it long enough to try for the lot, I got half the trophies without even trying, would have got more if I'd followed the guide. One of those I'll come back to later and have a crack at Platting it.

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    If you follow the Trophy Guide, South Park should be pretty simple for a climactic Ding! I only rented it so I didn't keep it long enough to try for the lot, I got half the trophies without even trying, would have got more if I'd followed the guide. One of those I'll come back to later and have a crack at Platting it.
    Cool, I'll buy the game next chance I get, sounds like it'll be a good game to get me back into trophy hunting!

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Get bent...

Wolfenstein: The New Order is a super easy plat. I just 100% it on the 360.

Murdered: Soul Suspect is another one. A bit glitchy at times, but still a good game.

Watch Dogs should be easy except for the drinking game trophy. That shit is a major pain.

As mentioned, South Park is another good game and relatively easy plat.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 1 - Bronze

hope it'll help i keep this for reference because of my work iv'e been very off the loop so
    2014 in video gaming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh!, pretty flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    So it's been quite a while since I really looked at upcoming PS3 games, but I 've seen a few out there now that look interesting, hell I just got GTA V for the PS3.

Now that I want to play my PS3 more, what recent/upcoming PS3 games are out there that you'd recommend from an retired trophy hunter/PS3 gamer just getting back at his game? I might wait another year or so before I get a PS4, I'll look into those games when the time comes.
    Well, I just started with the HD trilogys, and I have to say that for a few $, you have 3 platinums, and mostly of them are easy! (except MG and DmC ones)
    I just started with PoP trilogy and I already got the PoP: SoT plat in around 10 hours o.O, and imo, they are the hardest trilogy I have for the 3+ walkthroughs.
    The Tomb Raider trilogy has awesome games, and Sly, R&C and J&D well, are so damn funny!
    You should try them

EDIT: I saw that you already have SLy, R&C and J&D, well, you allways could go for PoP and Tomb Raider ones!

Sig & avy by Dare!!

Threat

Watch Dogs is really, really good Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor is coming out October and looks amazing
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Lord of all Goat-Men

Lvl 6 - Silver

I know they arnt the newest games but play the unchated series, fantastic games! And Tomb Raider, only started it recently and its single player is just great. multiplayer, not so much

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Lvl 3 - Bronze

GRID Autosport comes out on friday for the UK came out on the 24th in North American if im correct?

Sig by: djunglist

Kiwi Defender

Seeing how I remember you liking racing games, might as well try Gran Turismo 6. If you'd like to play an RPG, you could buy either Kingdom Hearts or FFX HD.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion619 View Post
    Wolfenstein: The New Order is a super easy plat. I just 100% it on the 360.

Murdered: Soul Suspect is another one. A bit glitchy at times, but still a good game.

Watch Dogs should be easy except for the drinking game trophy. That shit is a major pain.

As mentioned, South Park is another good game and relatively easy plat.
    Not exactly looking for an easy plat, just something bearable and enjoyable, but those games seem promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadlock View Post
    hope it'll help i keep this for reference because of my work iv'e been very off the loop so
    2014 in video gaming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Bookmark'd!

Quote Originally Posted by Unhorned Unicorn View Post
    Well, I just started with the HD trilogys, and I have to say that for a few $, you have 3 platinums, and mostly of them are easy! (except MG and DmC ones)
    I just started with PoP trilogy and I already got the PoP: SoT plat in around 10 hours o.O, and imo, they are the hardest trilogy I have for the 3+ walkthroughs.
    The Tomb Raider trilogy has awesome games, and Sly, R&C and J&D well, are so damn funny!
    You should try them

EDIT: I saw that you already have SLy, R&C and J&D, well, you allways could go for PoP and Tomb Raider ones!
    I forgot about Tomb Raider.

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    Watch Dogs is really, really good Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor is coming out October and looks amazing
    So far it sounds like South Park and Watch_Dogs will be my future games!

Thanks, I'll follow up on that in the later months.

Quote Originally Posted by black__bunny View Post
    I know they arnt the newest games but play the unchated series, fantastic games! And Tomb Raider, only started it recently and its single player is just great. multiplayer, not so much
    Eh, don't care that much about Multiplayer anymore, but a game with great MP in it would definitely help!

Quote Originally Posted by georget1996 View Post
    GRID Autosport comes out on friday for the UK came out on the 24th in North American if im correct?
    I'll look into it, didn't care for the GRID demo when I played it years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Seeing how I remember you liking racing games, might as well try Gran Turismo 6. If you'd like to play an RPG, you could buy either Kingdom Hearts or FFX HD.
    Still love racing games, but never got engaged with GT games. I'll look into Kingdon Hearts though, it's sad I've yet to play one from the PS2 days.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!