Assassin's Creed Sale Question

This is a discussion on Assassin's Creed Sale Question within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; On the PS Store right now, Assassin's Creed Liberation HD and Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry are on sale for a ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Assassin's Creed Sale Question

On the PS Store right now, Assassin's Creed Liberation HD and Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry are on sale for a total of $17.13 with PS+ ($9.79 for Liberation HD and $7.34 for Freedom Cry)

My question is are these games any good, and if so, are they worth the price? Should I only get one, and if so, which one?

Sale ends 7/7

Lvl 4 - Silver

I actually literally just beat Freedom Cry for the first time five minutes before you posted this. I'd say it's pretty good, nowhere near as good as the main story, being pretty forgettable after a few weeks, but for the sale price you can't go wrong. While I wish the sale was for PS4 (since I have one), it was still good on the PS3. The framerate chugged a fair bit though.
    If you're interested solely for the trophies, they're very easy. I got 100% without even using a guide.

As for Liberation, I never played the HD remake, I still haven't decided if I'm going to. I did however play the Vita version and wasn't too thrilled with it. It's good if you just want a fun game to play to kill a few afternoons, but the story is just flat-out bad with unlikable characters. The gameplay heavily mirrors ACIII in case you liked that one. The glitches were pretty bad in the Vita version. I even had to restart my game because of a game-breaking glitch. Not sure if that made it into the remake.
    Again, as for trophies, the game is extremely easy with just going through the main game, doing side missions, and a bit of clean up and using a completion guide for the full synch stuff.

Anyway, I'd say buy Freedom Cry. If you didn't play Liberation, then yeah buy it. If you played the Vita version, I might wait on it. I probably won't be getting this.
    Last edited by Disturbedkinpark; 06-26-2014 at 11:37 PM. Reason: forgot a word

Lvl 9 - Gold

I quite liked the Liberation HD remaster. I didn't really encounter any glitches or similar problems, and being able to play as a female Assassin this time round was interesting. The Persona disguise system can give you a few different ways to approach most missions, as you'll have access to different gear depending on which Persona you're using. Overall the game was pretty easy - you'll only really need a guide to find all the collectibles. As mentioned above, it doesn't have the greatest story, but its gameplay is fun, which should compensate for the script issues. I'd recommend getting it.

I haven't played Freedom Cry yet so can't comment on that.

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

liberations HD is just a remake of the vita version with HD updates and the deletion of the MP other then that its an easy plat and cheap to buy, freedom cry is just the AC4 DLC in standalone content so if you bought the season pass already don't bother unless you want the few extra trophies on this version now it is to be noted that they have freedom cry on the PS4 storefront at reg price at this time ive heard great things about the ac4 dlc game, if your an AC fan both are worth the price to pick up

Lvl 9 - Gold

I haven't purchased the season pass for AC4. if i purchase the standalone version of Freedom Cry, and then purchase the season pass, what happens?

ur throwing your money away basically, the season pass will net you the DLC standalone but you need the disc to play the game vs just buying the game alone so in short buy the stand alone for $14.99 and get a 4 maybe 6 hour game or buy the season pass for $19.99 and get the game as well as all the other DLC but have to have the disc to play. its your call but the season pass for $5 more is 100times more worth it then the game by itself

Lvl 9 - Gold

Freedom Cry is $7.34 right now, not $15

its normally $15 and currently is that price on the PS4 storefront

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm looking at the PS3 right now, not PS4

I belive that its the same price on the PS3 or PS4 off sale

Lvl 9 - Gold

bro I'm telling you, both Liberation HD and Freedom Cry are in my cart on the PS3 right now. I'm looking at my tv right now while in the PS Store in my cart and it says Total: $17.13, Tax $0.00, etc. its $17.13 for both, thru July 7th.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Liberation will give you 10-15 hours of gameplay (counting collectible hunting and whatnot) and an easy platinum. For the $7 and some change it cost me with my ps+ discount, I thought it was worth it. I can think of more expensive ways to entertain myself for 12 hours.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 9 - Gold

i bought Liberation and just kept the remaining balance i have in my wallet