Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Consoles won't live to see 2020

This is a discussion on Consoles won't live to see 2020 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 no the world ends december 21st 2012 duh And yet a man by the name of ...

Renegade Time Lord

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    no the world ends december 21st 2012 duh

And yet a man by the name of Harold Camping predicted that Jesus would return on the 21st May 2011 and save the good leaving the evil on earth for the end of the world tomorrow. Yet when it did not he said he got it wrong and it will be happening tomorrow.

Harold Camping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That is the info on him. So sorry but The Secret Society was right. Kind of.

And 21st December 2012 is NOT the end of the world. It is the resetting of the Mayan Calander. That is all.

Back on Topic. Consoles will live past 2020. I would rather have a console then a all-in-one entertainment system built into a TV.
    Last edited by LordZargus; 10-20-2011 at 12:33 PM.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

And yet a
    man by the name of Harold Camping predicted that Jesus would return on the 21st May 2011 and save the good leaving the evil on earth for the end of the world tomorrow. Yet when it did not he said he got it wrong and it will be happening tomorrow.
    Harold Camping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    That is the info on him. So sorry but The Secret Society was right. Kind of.
    And 21st December 2012 is NOT the end of the world. It is the resetting of the Mayan Calander. That is all.
    Wow really guys, you're all gonna start talking bout this kind of crap, I wish there were off topic infractions.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Renegade Time Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    Wow really guys, you're all gonna start talking bout this kind of crap, I wish there were off topic infractions.
    You missed the last bit of my post which was on topic.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Ya but the rest of it was a little to much man.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Renegade Time Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    Ya but the rest of it was a little to much man.
    Maybe it was, maybe it was not. But it just annoys me how people believe that crap lol

Lvl 8 - Gold

Fuck smartphones and fuck tablets.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

ummm, I'm still goin wild an out like if the world was gonna end dec 21 next year hahaha. Oh back on topic, if consoles integrate with tv's somehow I shall become a hermit in the himilayan mountains. WHO'S COMING WITH ME!!!!
    Epic sig and avy by the one and only Auburn!!
    Sweet platbar by Wadefan1!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Back to the Future stated that we would have hovercars by like 2014. I don't think we are even close to that. So I don't expect us to see TV Consoles in 2020.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Lvl 4 - Silver

Tablets and smartphones will never sell well for the purposes of gaming. A lot of people like to handle a controller or mouse. Also why would anyone get a console thats with the TV, If one goes then they both go.
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

Crocodile Hunter

I like the part where he says gaming consoles are dying hahaha

i guess he has never seen any sort of sales numbers for anything but the number of people who call him an idiot

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 3 - Bronze

They would think this would happen because everything in the future is going to be super high tech right? Possibly, but that doesn't mean the human species would like it.

Indie Game Developer

You guys aren't using forward thinking. He's right. He might be a liitttlle off, but the days of consoles as we know it are coming to an end. 2020 seems about right. Hell, no one even knows what to do for the next gen after this, let alone something else PAST that. Technology is evolving, games are evolving, everything is moving too fast. Interactive entertainment is going nowhere, but consoles and video games as they are today will not be around much longer. Especially if Apple gets involved, which remains to be seen.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Considering 2020 is a whole 9 years away, I think anything is possible as far as technology goes. Considering that the original iPod released in 2001, you can just look at how far we've come in terms of technology in so little time. Now we have Androids and Tablets, and your guess is as good as mine when it comes to how gaming will be like by 2020. What's said in the article could totally happen, hell even better things could come out within 9 years. Nothing is impossible; it'll just take great minds to create and innovate the same way those minds have done so in the recent past.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

The One and Only

At this point anything can happen, and I wouldn't be too surprised when it happens.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

I have been playing game consoles for around 30 years. They are not going anywhere.

PRO Member

I love it when I read articles like this and they ultimately describe console gaming.

Also, consoles will never be built into TVs. TVs will just starting coming with something like OnLive built in... It will still be a service though.

Even that though is still A CONSOLE.

games console

—n
    an electronic device used in playing computer games on the screen of a television to which it is connected
    I will add a small caveat though, although this is a very "academic" defintion, the connotative definition implies an added element. Consoles are also dictated by having fixed hardware and a fixed software format.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

As wrong and comical as this article is; I'll be happy as long as console gaming doesn't require you to prance around like an idiot using full body motion sensing equipment in order for you to play a game... oh wait...

Give me a keyboard and mouse or comfortable controller that fits my adult sized hands any day.

If hypothetically console gaming controls moved to something the size of my S2 galaxy with teeny buttons on a flat surface without contours, that would the day I quit gaming forever. Damn my large thumbs!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I predict that by 2020 the current generation that is predisposed to portable technology [and to which Apple currently panders to] will settle down and want something that lasts a bit longer, and has higher quality.
    Having being bitten by false promises [software or gear that doesn't perform as advertised and is also superseded on a almost yearly basis making the previous purchase pretty much worthless] the market will shift to simpler, one or two function Modular components [that if were to fail can be either updated, fixed or replaced without major disruption to a whole system].

If not a economic depression about to hit, then at least a long recession for most parts of the world, meaning less new jobs for those leaving school, which again is what the portable/download market has been based.....if they don't have the $$ you have no market.

Cable will be seen for what it really is [expensive rehashed crap that people don't really need] and lose more and more subscribers yearly.
    Mobile phones would have met a saturation point, meaning either there is a drastic overhaul of services and limits allowed by mobile companies, or due to the vast majority of both Audio and Visual content being received via internet, a resurgence of home landline phone services taken up by people, as the option to do this via mobile is far to expensive.

Up the Irons!

I think consoles will exist as long as there is a large demand for them that will make a profit for the company.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Nope, nothing

Nah, I totally disagree with this.
    I think phasing consoles out and Gaming Tv's in would just take too long.

Plus I'm pretty sure millions of gamers are happy with the current way they play games, I know I am

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast