Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Consoles won't live to see 2020

This is a discussion on Consoles won't live to see 2020 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I hope consoles are never built into TV's, what happens if i wanted to buy every console on the market. ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I hope consoles are never built into TV's, what happens if i wanted to buy every console on the market.

I'd have like three 42" TV's in my room for gods sake !!!!!!!

A plat a month!

I have always heard that PC gaming is very slowly dying. One segment or another may fade after time, but gamers are always going to exist.

already seeing the Wii have a tough time holding on to the market and PlayStation has been struggling for a while.
    I wasn't surprised by the Wii faltering. After all, it started out with a blaze, and then as time went on, that fad started to fade a bit. Its not dead now, but there is a lot less hype where the Wii is

As far as the playstation comment, I do admit I am very biased towards the Sony side of console gaming, but hasn't the PS3 picked up a lot of steam since its launch? Granted, the PS3 got off to a very rough start, but I think Sony has gotten the PS3 back into the ring quite nicely in the past few years.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    As far as the playstation comment, I do admit I am very biased towards the Sony side of console gaming, but hasn't the PS3 picked up a lot of steam since its launch? Granted, the PS3 got off to a very rough start, but I think Sony has gotten the PS3 back into the ring quite nicely in the past few years.
    Which is one of the reasons why I laughed hard at this article. This guy obviously has no clue about what's been going on in the gaming market. Besides the PSN hack, Playstation has increased sales in every aspect.

NSFW

As long as there is gamers there is consoles. Simple as that. Maybe we will die out soon, and be extinct, and casual phone gaming will take over the gaming market, but if we still have these gamer communities, then consoles won't die. Only time will tell.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Tablets and motion gaming are gonna have to get a lot better before they will replace analog gaming. Also the point that the next generation of gaming is gonna involve more than just video games is already happening. no gaming system is just used for games.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Only reason why the Wii is struggling..is its geared towards kids and seniors oh and families..as for PS3..well..we all know most teens..would rather play 360 than PS3. That and its cheaper..so more people would rather choose what at first appears cheap than costs you a fortune after a while (ie playing on XBlive)
    All credit goes to Athena
    Got last.fm? http://www.last.fm/user/Metal_Queen666
    All credit goes to Auburn

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I can believe in maybe Microsoft going to the TV/console combo, but Nintendo definitely will not do that (if they're still around and the Wii U manages to make them a profit again), and Sony may just make a PS4 as a PS3 with just a hardware upgrade and more peripherals options.

I believe that consoles won't die out in less than ten years.

Lvl 5 - Silver

technology is evolving
    PERFECT PLATINUM STREAK

Lvl 6 - Silver

that is some bull righ tthere
    i would not like to see this happen
    betray someone to understand my reason (everyone should take a hear)

Plats
    YouTube

PRO Member

yeah smartphones are totally taking over i mean just look at the awesome games you can play on them...pfft fuck Battlefield, COD, Uncharted, Halo and what not...Angry birds is the way to go But in all seriousness guys i highly doubt consoles are gonna die...they are just gonna evolve

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It looks like analog game systems won’t make it until the end of the decade,”

To be honest I don't understand why he says analog games systems, as I've never heard that phrase before. An analog computer was last used over fifty years ago.

As for a computer system which only has one function, well they didn't make it to 2010 let alone 2020. As all three major systems have had internet tv available since 2009.
    FML

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I wouldn't know. What i think is that disc readers are to be buried soon so it's a probability...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

You tellin' me that the next gen of consoles will be in TVs? Please. That would send the price of TV's sky high. Not to mention the copyright and trademark issues.

Sorry, but with no way of creating an internet connection that can't go down within the next nine years, we will still have your regular old console box in our rooms in 2020.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

lol loada crap consoles will change but never die out... if we all said jump off a bridge would you ?? lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123