What is your motivation?

This is a discussion on What is your motivation? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey everybody! Wanna know what your motivation level is? These 8 questions will show how motivated you actually is when ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

What is your motivation?

Hey everybody!
    Wanna know what your motivation level is?
    These 8 questions will show how motivated you actually is when pursuing trophies/achievements.

https://docs.google....m?usp=send_form

The questionnaire is part of my master studies on trophy/achievement hunting and motivation.
    By answering the questionnaire you will participate in a draw to win a gift card of 15 euros for either PlayStation, Xbox or Steam! Your choice!

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards
    QuinLann aka Henrik Aabom
    MSc, Medialogy
    Aalborg University Copenhagen, Denmark.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

I filled out the questions, Good luck

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Done, Good luck

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Hey, fellow survey methodoligist here. Your questions might benefit from being more specific as to which game you want respondents to consider. For instance "Think about the last game that you played and answer the following..." Something like that. You refer to "the game" in most of your items and I'm like what game? Especially on this site where people play dozens a week probably. Interesting research agenda though. From a psychology aspect the "motivation" probably borders true obsession in the extreme (akin to compulsive gambling, etc) to a more mild experience (eating a cookie) haha. Some folks find trophies annoying and those people are the ones that need studying!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by upallnighter View Post
    Hey, fellow survey methodoligist here. Your questions might benefit from being more specific as to which game you want respondents to consider. For instance "Think about the last game that you played and answer the following..." Something like that. You refer to "the game" in most of your items and I'm like what game? Especially on this site where people play dozens a week probably. Interesting research agenda though. From a psychology aspect the "motivation" probably borders true obsession in the extreme (akin to compulsive gambling, etc) to a more mild experience (eating a cookie) haha. Some folks find trophies annoying and those people are the ones that need studying!
    You are completely right, and I am actually studying people who don't like trophies and comparing their motivation to the motivation of peopel who like trophies, i.e. people in here
    Thanks for the reply!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I can see that I accidentally double posted this thread....
    Sorry about that :/
    I don't know if I can delete one of them or merge them together?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I only like platinumin racing games...Not gran turismo though I don't like it....But Dirt , Burnout....The criterion nfs games I like finishing the story then i feel motivated to finish them.... Games like GTA it's just about the story and online isn't enjoyable. Did go after Mafia 2 play, and resistance but res was to much for me. I think my motivation is..Is if a game is enjoyable I want the extras to achieve something and not "I get enjoyment from getting trophies" With Mafia 2 and resistance the stories were amazing and I wanted more trophies because I wanted the excuse to continue playing and I like wanted to reward the game by continuing playing........ in 2009 I spent 9 months trying to plat Unreal Tournament 3 (If any of you did this i'd be impressed) It was so hard and then I stopped after getting my 500 wins online trophy and I went to uni....If i spent that time on other games i'd have more plats but i didn't enjoy them as much so it didn't matter.

So ye for most of you ...you get enjoyment getting trophies....most don't care for them....and then people like me will do it if we fall in love with a game and want it to last as long as possible. I never check the trophies until i finish a game I enjoy