Controller troubles

This is a discussion on Controller troubles within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Sup guys A week or two ago, I was playing a frantic mission on GTA V Online. Right at the ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Controller troubles

Sup guys

A week or two ago, I was playing a frantic mission on GTA V Online. Right at the end, it all went pear-shaped for me. Pissed off, I just let my controller drop to the floor; for all cared it could smash into smithereens. Unfortunately, it kinda did.

Nothing came loose or broke, but the controller just died. It's like if you suffocate someone - they're dead, but there's no outside sign of the damage done. I must stress that this wasn't expected at all, for the drop to floor was really quite soft. It fell fast, but didn't fall for long. If you think I'm covering up the fact that what I actually did was rage-hurl it against the wall, I'm not. The carpet which it fell on is very soft, and I've smashed the controller on hard wooden surfaces in the past, yet that never completely killed it.

I've tried charging it, leaving it, resetting the PS3, pushing the 'reset' button on the controller etc etc etc. Nothing worked. I Googled it and most suggestions given to others were "reset button", "change the battery", and "don't be such a bad-tempered baby".

So yesterday, I unscrewed the controller and took out the battery. I then put it back in, attempted to charge it and press the reset button, but it still failed. So I took my second and third controllers, both which worked, took out their batteries and put them in the dead controller, but neither of them worked. How is that possible??? I should note that the dead controller batter was he latest one, the one that has little hooks attached so that it doesn't slide about inside the controller, whilst the other 2 batteries are older versions. Is that why it didn't work?

What else could be responsible for my dead controller? The circuit board? I did start changing that, but halfway through I was sweating like a bitch and decided to retreat.

By the way, attempting to re-assemble the two good controllers was a DISASTER, and, long story short, I now have no working controllers. I find that odd, for I put the working batteries back in the working controllers, yet now they're dead too...?

Any advice/suggestions? Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

ADMlNlSTRATOR

May have damaged a section of soldering...who knows.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

What a debacle!

That's why, I'm a little fearful of busting open a controller. If my older one dies, I might just to see if I can fix it. I have know clue as to why your controllers all together are now not working. Maybe whatever was wrong with the original broken controller jumped over to the other batteries? I don't know as I'm not technically proficient. That graceful drop to the carpet was the straw that broke the camel's back it seems.

Get a new controller and treat it like it's glass.

illegal in 9 countries

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Had one die several months back. It was working fine one day and then the next I go to use it and it wouldn't turn on, no flashing lights when I tried to charge it so it was done for. I had two controllers so I could use one while the other charged but now I'm down to the one.