PS3 Shut Down

This is a discussion on PS3 Shut Down within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I was playing Skyrim when my PS3 just shut itself off, even the red light was gone. When I click ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

PS3 Shut Down

I was playing Skyrim when my PS3 just shut itself off, even the red light was gone. When I click the button the light comes on and when I click it again the green light comes on for a few seconds and then completely shuts off again. I unplugged the system and tried again same thing, I also tried holding the button and let it beep 3 times but it shut off after beeping. I'm thinking it is the power supply, I just wanted some opinions before moving forward.

If it is the power supply should I just send it to Sony to get fixed?

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Mine started shutting itself off before it fell victim to YLOD...make sure your stuff is backed up

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    Mine started shutting itself off before it fell victim to YLOD...make sure your stuff is backed up
    Unfortunately it won't even turn on so I have no chance to back anything up.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Just clicked this to see what happened. I agree, everyone should back up all their stuff, especially their saves. BF3 killed my last PS3, wouldn't read any games, had to play digital for a little while.

Negator

You should always back up your save files in premption. Attempting to back up files in hindsight wont do much good if it wont turn on...which sounds like YLoD to me.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Bringing the PAIN

Yeah Foobar... Your system is bunked. YLOD just got you. It happened to mine. Best option is to let it sit awhile and see if it will start up for a few mins long enough to backup your most important saves. It likely will only be on for about 1-5mins before burning completely. Move fast if it does come on! Then either send it off/ fix it yourself/ replace it completely.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 6 - Silver

Out of curiosity, do you have a phat or slim?

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Lvl 9 - Gold

best of luck, man hope you can get all your stuff back. i was fortunate enough to have the YLoD happen a couple weeks after getting my new PS3 so I only had inFamous 2 on there and got a replacement right away.