What are your favorite thrilling moments in a game?

This is a discussion on What are your favorite thrilling moments in a game? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; What are some of your favorite thrilling moments in a game? Was it a scary moment? Was it a moment ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

What are your favorite thrilling moments in a game?

What are some of your favorite thrilling moments in a game? Was it a scary moment? Was it a moment that required skill and concentration? Was it a moment that surprised you? Was it a really intense moment, like a boss or difficult part?

Let us know your favorite thrilling moments, what games they were, and discuss!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I assume you just want stuff from game stories and not personal achievements from online trophies

Resistance 2 last mission when your turning into a chimera and then the final cut scene was great.

I loved Mafia 2 the whole story is engrossing and the final cutscene is a noooooooooo moment

A great moment is on Dirt 2 when you unlock the colin mccrae challenge and you get a Mccrae tribute video which is nice

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Personal achievements are fine as long as it was a thrilling challenge for you. Trust me, I understand MP games can be really thrilling.

I've got one to help us along.
    The Last of Us

Toggle Spoiler

Last edited by SkyMirror; 22 Hours Ago at 03:15 PM.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMirror View Post
    Personal achievements is fine as long as it was a thrilling challenge for you. Trust me, I understand MP games can be really thrilling.

I've got one to help us along.
    The Last of Us

Toggle Spoiler

That moment is definitely the scariest and thrilling moment of the game imo. Every time I play that scene it scares the S**t out of me!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    That moment is definitely the scariest and thrilling moment of the game imo. Every time I play that scene it scares the S**t out of me!
    Completely agree! I'm a little scared to do it again 2 more times if I ever that game. Then again, it's one of my favorite parts because I'm so invested in what's going on.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Oof, so many moments! I'll pick the best examples I can think of...

1. Scraping through the end mission of XCOM Enemy Unknown, having seen nearly all my squad slaughtered, the chosen one makes it to the end thanks to a noble grenade sacrifice by his one remaining squadmate. Bloody intense rush!

2. Defeating Nemesis at the end of Resident Evil 3. The time limit, coupled with the chance to obliterate the bastard who has hounded you the entire game was a cathartic feeling.

3. Every Boss fight in the original Devil May Cry felt like the most wonderful thing ever. The thrill of finally taking on Mundus though, was absolute.

4. The crawl through the microwave tunnel in Metal Gear Solid 4. Both me and my then roommate were quite vocally willing Snake to make it through, and he hadn't seen bugger all of the game before that.
    Credit to the awesome ERICVOLTAGE for that. ^

Lvl 1 - Bronze

XCOM Enemy Unknown had alot of these moments since I did a Classic Ironman Playthrough, the Terror Missions and Final Mission was the worst. There was one point where I lost half of my squad to Chryslid rush in first three turns, when I barely was able to kill them, the infected revived. Less to say, I quickly hauled @$$ back to the extraction area and aborted the mission. Only one man survived...John Shepard.

One other moment was during Battlefield Bad Company 2 online. I was playing on Rush on the Defender side, when we were pushed all the way back to Last Stand in the Isla de Innocents map, half of my side quickly dropped from the match, so quickly outnumbered and outgunned along with a tank and a fully staffed Blackhawk that was quickly destroying the area. I just was barely able to get a Tracer plant just before I got killed and my squadmate took it down with good ol' Carl. Without the air support advantage, I was able to sneak up on the Tank and tossed down 4 or 5 C4 and ran for the hills. When I detonated the C4, I was surprised to see I killed around 4 or 5. two of which was in the Tank, the others must have been Engineers repairing the Tank and using it as mobile cover. After that, me, an Engineer and Recon squadmates hid up on the Hills between their respawn and our HQ. The Motion Mine, Engineer's Carl and my XMB Prototype plus my ammo boxes kept the squad alive as we cut down the Attackers from 60 tickets to 20-30 before we got taken out by a Blackhawk roadkilling us. After that we were able to holdout in our HQ long enough to win the round.

Toggle Spoiler

Will you play for the love of the game or die as a coward?
    Will Not Accept Blank Friend Requests

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Some very diverse moments have thrilled me in recent memory from games. The latest was when I was doing my Dead Space 2 Hardcore run a few days ago and was doing the scripted machine part before the Ubermorph after going for about 4 hours. The thought of having to start over got my heart racing. It also got fast a few times when I was being rushed from the guys with the exploding arms and had low health.

Other times got my adrenaline going and got me hyped when the music really picked up during the boss fights in Metal Gear Rising and made me really immersed in the action.

Scripted events to a lesser extent usually because I know I don't control the outcome, but when I'm fearful of my character dying during a scripted event, such as the one in the science building of a certain game, I still get a little nervous.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkben View Post
    XCOM Enemy Unknown had alot of these moments since I did a Classic Ironman Playthrough, the Terror Missions and Final Mission was the worst. There was one point where I lost half of my squad to Chryslid rush in first three turns, when I barely was able to kill them, the infected revived. Less to say, I quickly hauled @$$ back to the extraction area and aborted the mission. Only one man survived...John Shepard.

Man, those Chryssalid's are dicks, lost more soldiers to those spindly shites than any other enemy. Ironman mode is awesome though, adds so much importance to your squad's survival and creates a neat little narrative of your very own.
    Credit to the awesome ERICVOLTAGE for that. ^

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The Dante's Inferno Ending Boss fight was kinda scary. But people choose to play it at lower difficulty to beat the game. Still

A Mari Usque Ad Mare

My most thrilling moment I can think of was getting the first rapid response gold for the Super Sports Pack for NFS Hot Pursuit named Limited Emission with the Gumpert Apollo S. By far the most difficult RR in the game. Every time I tried to get gold I was literally of by 0.02 secs. But I got it after 25 tries and celebrated with a big swig of Pepsi.