psn messages meant for someone else ???

This is a discussion on psn messages meant for someone else ??? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; ok, so I logged in today to see that I have received 11 messages that were sent to a guy ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

psn messages meant for someone else ???

ok, so I logged in today to see that I have received 11 messages that were sent to a guy in my friends list but somehow I got them o.O has this happened to anyone before?
    "If you watch Rambo backwards you can see him heal everyone with his magical bullets and repair helicopters with nothing but a bow and arrow...beat that chuck"

PRO Trophy Hunter

Did you send someone your email and password for gameshare?

My Checklist - Trophy Hunting Missions [CLICK THIS BANNER] Checklist Updated:
    Posted Weekly Report
    12/14/14

Mr. Bubbles!

Are these messages from yourself to this friend of yours? If you were sending it from a mobile device or a vita (not sure about PS4) they have a tendency to copy themselves on your ps3.

Toggle Spoiler

Latest Platinum: Silent Hill: Downpour
    Working On: PS3 COD Ghosts Extinction (add me to boost) The Evil Within and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
    Vita: Gravity Rush

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Did you send them from your PS4 then went on yourPS3?

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Lvl 1 - Bronze

they were sent to me by 9 different people (I assume from HIS friends list) from ps4's and no I hadn't gameshared with him....they were adressed to his profile name also
    "If you watch Rambo backwards you can see him heal everyone with his magical bullets and repair helicopters with nothing but a bow and arrow...beat that chuck"

Lvl 8 - Gold

most likely party chat

Negator

That's realy odd, but I haven't had a chance to fiddle with PS4's message/party systems yet. If you find out, please reply back with a resolution to the issue.

Lvl 4 - Silver

i had this happen to me before, where i got a ton of messages between two of my friends talking to each other, i think the reason was it was a party chat and i somehow got invited to it - i think you should be able to accept or decline access to it because i don't want to be flooded with messages that are sent to other people (i don't have a ps4 yet, so i couldn't back out of it)

Signature Created by Bladia

member since Oct 2009

Are you sure its not a group message? Look to the left of the msg to see if it has a number. If it does, all the people in the group will get the msg.

Trophy Guide Kitten

its a party chat thing.

it happened to me before. I have the app and I kept getting messages on my phone and to find out I was in some party chat shit that I couldnt leave. They didnt show up on my systems, but they would show up via the phone app.
    K? Thanks

Lvl 8 - Gold

to leave the party just delete the messages,once you delete the messages you are no longer in the party.

Sine Labore Nihil

Quote Originally Posted by fillabong View Post
    Are you sure its not a group message? Look to the left of the msg to see if it has a number. If it does, all the people in the group will get the msg.

I get these messages around Christmas, and Happy New Year, tons and tons so no fret man!

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol| xEl_Cidx's La Conquista | xEl_Cidx's recent Gaming Activities+ Boosting
    xEl_Cidx's Battle of the Sexes - Round 44 just started

Lvl 1 - Bronze

well there is no number beside the messages but I'll try deleting them and see if others show up...will post a update later

Lvl 1 - Bronze

well I deleted my messages on the ps3 but don't got access to my ps4 profile to delete them there and still getting them... oh well they are becoming less frequent now at least