Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Do You Boost?

This is a discussion on Do You Boost? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; If you're going for the Mahvel 3 plat, good luck getting the Full Roster, Copy This! and Duty and Deus ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

If you're going for the Mahvel 3 plat, good luck getting the Full Roster, Copy This! and Duty and Deus Ex Machina trophies. Considering that M.O.D.O.K players are rare to find online, you'll be boosting that in no time at all.

As far as Doom boosting, he boosted these trophies and I didn't feel that they detracted from my plat.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

PRO Member

I'd rather not boost but some game's there is just no other but option to boost. So yea i will and have.

Sig by: DaRe_xLw Avy by: Dsluckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

I boost games with online trophies that I absolutely need a boosting partner for, and I'm not shy about offering help to other people that need help boosting. Assuming I'm not busy that is or playing a brand new game or working towards a plat but yeah I boost and offer help when I can.

A few games that I would say you definitely need a boosting partner for are...

Ghostbusters Because if people leave your game mid-game it doesn't count towards Gozer's Most Wanted Trophy.

Brutal Legend Because you need 50 wins and the online has a nasty habit of resetting the victory count to a lower number if you don't pass a certain number of victories before you turn off the game and finding players online can be a chore.

Overlord 2 Because I have never found anyone in a online game that I didn't first invite from my friends list.

Wipeout HD There are Trophies in this game that are impossible or at the very least very unlikely to happen unless you have boosting partners.

So yeah there are games that need boosting or sometimes boosting will just get you there faster but my point is that no one should feel they didn't earn their Platinum's because they boosted some trophies. People who should feel like they didn't earn a plat are Trophy Hackers.

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

PRO Member

Nope never have , never will if I cant get it without boosting then I wont get it, I want every trophy to be one I got on my own, and if I cant plat a game because of it so be it

Gotham's Reckoning

I have boosted the majority of my games that required boosting.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Try doing FEAR 2 without boosting. It's not humanly possible.

IN short: yes I do.
    Bingo, I boost a lot. if a trophy is near impossible to achieve or I can cut the boosting time in half by doing most of it myself, I will. I shaved off Fear2's boosting means by atleast 1/4 to 1/2. Same with almost all PSN games.

Buy my book, Alteration

Sometimes, but I've lost the will to boost lately.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Local Drunk

I've never boosted before but that doesn't necessarily mean that I wouldn't.

Black Queen Style

I try to stay away from games that require boosting to 'win'. Just a personal preference.

In many mmo games there is something called power leveling. It's typically a higher level player drawing aggro from mobs so lower level players that typically have no business fighting said mob can gain xp faster. Now I realize boosting is different in the sense that more often than not it requires friends to lay down and die for you, or to put themselves in position so you can pull off whatever it is you need to pull off. I also understand it would take possibly three times as long to ding that trophy without the support of friends. I won't call it cheating because technically it isn't. It's just taking advantage of the structure of the game. But I've always said no to power level requests and power level offers after the first time I tried it. I would say no to boosting as well.

PRO Member

If by boost you mean boost kills etc, I don't because I feel like I have not actually achieved anything and I feel like I've cheated, therefore taking the reward away from getting the trophy/plat and the whole reason I get trophies and Plats is for the reward when you finally get that damn trophy/Plat

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

No i don't the only game i've boosted on was red dead redemption

PRO Member

sometimes youve gotta boost some games are impossible.if you've got platinum on worms 2,fight lights out you've gotto be a booster.there impossible without it.also yes I do boost when I've got time but havent for a long time .also I dont have plat for both games

PRO Member

I only boost trophies that are impossible for me to get like et tu brute and demolition man in bbc2

Death is Awaiting....

The first game i boosted was Medal of Honor, so yeah i boost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 2 - Bronze

i try my hardest to not boost. but if i get too annoyed with a trophy ill boost.

Closing this account

Here we go again with another thread displeased with boosting. I BOOST, you think any less of my platinums trophies? Try trying to get 3/5 game streak trophies in sports games but you have to deal with those people that always use the Lakers, Heat, Thunder etc. Try dealing with people that are cheesers with just one person on a team. Try dealing with people that are able to shoot like crazy when the person that shoot them are not suppose to.

I get sick of so many people saying boosting online trophies is for stupid people. Try playing White Knight Chronicles without really boosting or try to get the platinum in EndWar with out boosting. Even better...dont knock until you had tried it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Boosted the online trophies for Red Dead Redemption and don't regret it a bit. Saved me from going prematurely grey. Hell, even just getting a boosting session organized was like herding rats.

No problems with the practice or the folks who do it.

Ghost Assassin

I'll boost, but only if the trophy is just too much of a pain in the ass. The only game I've boosted in so far is Red Dead Redemption. Portal 2 would probably be next.

Player Hater

I'll boost if possible. Online trophies can fuck off. There have been quite a few I have not been able to boost for and have had to get legit, but anyone who says they got Astbergo's Employee Of The Month in AC:B without boosting is pulling themselves.
    Edit: To all those guys saying I don't boost, just this one trophy... You fucking boosted. Quit pretending you haven't. It's nothing to be ashamed of. In some cases it's more fun and enjoyable to boost with friends than it is to play the actual game itself. You boost once, you're a booster. It's like saying " I only fucked this donkey this one time..." You're still a perverted ass-molester.

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    I'll boost if possible. Online trophies can fuck off. There have been quite a few I have not been able to boost for and have had to get legit, but anyone who says they got Astbergo's Employee Of The Month in AC:B without boosting is pulling themselves.
    Edit: To all those guys saying I don't boost, just this one trophy... You fucking boosted. Quit pretending you haven't. It's nothing to be ashamed of. In some cases it's more fun and enjoyable to boost with friends than it is to play the actual game itself. You boost once, you're a booster. It's like saying " I only fucked this donkey this one time..." You're still a perverted ass-molester.
    i agree with you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast