Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Do You Boost?

This is a discussion on Do You Boost? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Yeah, some games need to be boosted. It brings gamers closer that way aswel. I've made quite a few decent ...

PRO Member

Yeah, some games need to be boosted. It brings gamers closer that way aswel. I've made quite a few decent friends, because I've boosted with them.
    I think some developers make trophies that need to be boosted. Just to bring the community closer. I prefer doing it in a closed room though, so it's not ruining everyone else's games.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well I don't play games online usually, but I haven't before, except maybe Noose in Grand Theft Auto IV.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Only when they're absurd online trophies. I just don't have the time for them.

my latest anime updates

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk12 View Post
    I get sick of so many people saying boosting online trophies is for stupid people. Try playing White Knight Chronicles without really boosting or try to get the platinum in EndWar with out boosting. Even better...dont knock until you had tried it.
    You really can't boost WKC. I mean I guess you can have friends help you by finishing quests in record speeds. But that might shave off 50-100 hours. You're still going to dump 400 hours into that game .

And Endwar is either impossible or almost impossible to get the plat due to that one trophy. But I agree otherwise. A lot of plats are impossible without boosting unless you want to spend years trying to earn some of the plats(Fear2).

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've only boosted Virtua Tennis 2009, that was way beyond brutal to make the online requirements for "gold medal" trophy and by consequence the platinum.

The rest of my games, I've made it all by my own, and I'm proud of that because I enjoy it more, enjoy the callenges, and when I achieve it and a trophy appear, it feels better than when you earn it boosting. But Virtua Tennis 2009 there was no way to platinum it withou boosting, specially because not much people plays online, and when you're winning and the other player leaves the game, win doesn't count.

"Could this be the end?... Is this the way I died?...
    Sitting here alone, no one by my side."

Huge Gaming Backlog

I haven't boosted before but I'm starting to get some boosting partners at the moment. So I will be starting to boost.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Yes some games require boosting because the noobs you find online won't cooperate.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

PRO Member

Yes if it is necessary

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

i dont boost myself as i tend to stay away from online trophies.depending on which ones they are i might do but more often than not online trophies get on my tits good and proper

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Prayer Warrior

i used to boost all the time when i was a hunter but now that i don't care about trophies and only play for the fun and love of games i will only boost to help a good friend out to get a plat or something. but it has to be a really good friend lol

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

PRO Member

yea,I boost online trophies when needed if they involve other players.It just takes to much luck to try and get 6 human players in a tight group to kill or blow up a vehicle with X about inside without boosting.If it's just accumulate wins or kills i'll just do it without boosting though.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Legalize it...

If its needed, esp since I hate MP most the time. I like a nice story then move onto another game...

*nom nom nom* trophies

Just when servers are empty, or for stupid online trophies.

I boosted only two games, Rogue Warrior & NFS Undercover.

The Girl Gamer

If I can get the trophies on my own then I don't boost. Sadly most online trophies require to be boost due to the fact not many people are playing the game online or cause you do need other people since it's the only way to get the trophies. Those times I do boost, but now that I have no high speed internet, I don't have to worry about boosting or not.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Never boosted and never will

Waste of time and defeats the object in my case

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123