Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Mark Hamil's officially retired!!

This is a discussion on Mark Hamil's officially retired!! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by dans303 Heath Ledger?? Sorry Overrated. Jack Nicholson was the best Joker....

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dans303 View Post
    Heath Ledger?? Sorry
    Overrated. Jack Nicholson was the best Joker.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHorror View Post
    Are you confused? Let's ask Bison!

Bison seems to agree with Doom.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Gotham's Reckoning

Quote Originally Posted by CLK63AMGBLKORGTR View Post
    Jack Nicholson was terrible indeed, beyond terrible. Words cannot describe his sad performance at trying to be the Joker. You are smoking crack if you think Heath Ledger was terrible!!!!

MO. Heath Ledger (RIP) was the best Joker todate. Sorry to say this Mark, especially since I am a huge Star Wars fan.

How about this Mark had the best Joker voice, but on screen Heath played the best Joker.

If Mark is to retire and now that Heath is gone. We are all doomed...
    This pretty much sums up what I was going to say, although I thought that Jack Nicholson was alright as the Joker but Heath Ledger and Mark Hamill were better.

And to anyone who thought Heath Ledger was terrible/overrated/shite as the Joker, you obviously need to watch TDK again.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well atleast I'll still be able to see him on Chuck XD. Altho it's going to be hard to pick someone as awesome as he is. Too bad Ceaser romero isn't still living aka The Joker from the 1960s show.
    All credit goes to Athena
    Got last.fm? http://www.last.fm/user/Metal_Queen666
    All credit goes to Auburn

Lvl 1 - Bronze

he said he wouldnt ever do joker again after arkham asylum and he came back for city so...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I mean, He's a great voice actor, but I think He was only good for being the joker. But we will miss you.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Jack Nicholson was terrible indeed, beyond terrible. Words cannot describe his sad performance at trying to be the Joker. You are smoking crack if you think Heath Ledger was terrible!!!!

MO. Heath Ledger (RIP) was the best Joker todate. Sorry to say this Mark, especially since I am a huge Star Wars fan.

How about this Mark had the best Joker voice, but on screen Heath played the best Joker.

If Mark is to retire and now that Heath is gone. We are all doomed...

heath ledger is overrated and mark hamil was nothing special.

INTJ

Maybe, But Nothing can beat mark hamill's amazing laugh.

To me heath Ledger only got one major part down with the joker, He nailed the Psychotic criminal so well, but he didn't nail the part where joker was joker. Joker does these massive Crazy things that are Hilarious and Batshit Insanity at the same time. he isn't Just a Psychotic Criminal in a Joker Outfit, He's Supposed to be funny while doing it. I never Saw Heath Ledger Throwing Joker Gas Everywhere that makes people do that creepy ass smile, or Have a fake prop gun that has a "Bang!" Flag that then after the laughter is over the flag is a actual bullet.

here's Mark and friends talking about the best joker imo:

since March '09

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    The best joker ever

Heath ledger and Jack nicholson are terrible compared to mark hamill
    you are comparing acting to voice over work. how many academy awards has hamill won continually playing the joker 0. ledger played it one time and nailed it. your basically comparing a G rated cartoons to the best Batman movie ever. Hamill is double A at best and ledger is a MLB hall of famer.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHorror View Post
    Agreed.

But either way, sad Skywalker is retiring from his joker voice acting.

since March '09

[QUOTE=Ps360;44837]Maybe, But Nothing can beat mark hamill's amazing laugh.

To me heath Ledger only got one major part down with the joker, He nailed the Psychotic criminal so well, but he didn't nail the part where joker was joker. Joker does these massive Crazy things that are Hilarious and Batshit Insanity at the same time. he isn't Just a Psychotic Criminal in a Joker Outfit, He's Supposed to be funny while doing it. I never Saw Heath Ledger Throwing Joker Gas Everywhere that makes people do that creepy ass smile, or Have a fake prop gun that has a "Bang!" Flag that then after the laughter is over the flag is a actual bullet.

here's Mark and friends talking about the best joker imo:QUOTE]

he not in an outfit, he just a voice. when you only have to work on one aspect of playing a part, it makes it that much easier. just like playing good defense in baseball isnt enough to make it to the big leagues. you have to be able to hit a curve ball as well. hamill is half a joker. if burning a warhouse full of money, jamming a pen through someones eye, walking into a room full of gangsters, and making 3 guys fight to the death to work for him isnt crazy and batshit insane, then i dont know what is

INTJ

he not in an outfit, he just a voice. when you only have to work on one aspect of playing a part, it makes it that much easier. just like playing good defense in baseball isnt enough to make it to the big leagues. you have to be able to hit a curve ball as well. hamill is half a joker. if burning a warhouse full of money, jamming a pen through someones eye, walking into a room full of gangsters, and making 3 guys fight to the death to work for him isnt crazy and batshit insane, then i dont know what is

So if joker in the animated series had a mentally stupid high pitched studdering voice it would be exactly the Same joker as right now?

The voices make everything about a character. Being a video game lover you should know that due to the massive voice acting work done in all sorts of popular video games

Also Batman:TAS is dark as shit regardless of what tv rating it got. Don't know where you got that from

Would the dark knight be as successful if the voice work was like this?

Last edited by Ps360; 10-23-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I have to fully agree with Ps360. Heath Ledgers performance just wasnt that good. Joker needs to have those stupid and harmful practical jokes not just the psycho aspect..

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie-4 View Post
    I have to fully agree with Ps360. Heath Ledgers performance just wasnt that good. Joker needs to have those stupid and harmful practical jokes not just the psycho aspect..
    Heath Ledger with no practical jokes?

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie-4 View Post
    Wasn't that the point of Chris Nolan's Batman though, a more realistic and serious interpretation of Batman's world? If that was his goal then I think it makes sense that the Joker isn't doing all that crazy shit in the movies. I thought Heath Ledger was awesome as the Joker.

The voices make everything about a character. Being a video game lover you should know that due to the massive voice acting work done in all sorts of popular video games

Also Batman:TAS is dark as shit regardless of what tv rating it got. Don't know where you got that from
    I have to agree with Ps360 on this. Voice work makes a character. It doesn't matter if Mark Hamil didn't physically act the Joker, growing up watching the animated series, he WAS the Joker. I can't picture any other person voicing the Joker the way Mark Hamil did. And as Ps360 said, voice acting is huge in video games. If a voice actor can't convince the audience that they really are the character they're playing, you won't take that character seriously.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Death is Awaiting....

Poor poor joker.. he will never be the same
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

PRO Member

nope he did the role perfectly

INTJ

More Mark Hamill Joker, From Batman Beyond (Second best Batman Series right behind TAS), Very Spoilerrific if you haven't seen Batman Beyond Return of Joker

the current batman series is a travesty, but there are some cool parts

(seriously the music meister episode was the best one from brave and bold)
    Last edited by Ps360; 10-23-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Ledger made a few good maniacal laughs like in the scene where he gets beat up in the interrogation room, but Hamill had the laugh, he was the perfect voice. Unfortunately, Hamill was only the voice since I can't seem him being the Joker physically.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad story indeed!

He was also the voice of the "Warden Spirit" in Darksiders!

(not like anybody cares! XD)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast