Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Mark Hamil's officially retired!!

This is a discussion on Mark Hamil's officially retired!! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Deth Ledger made a few good maniacal laughs like in the scene where he gets beat up ...

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Ledger made a few good maniacal laughs like in the scene where he gets beat up in the interrogation room, but Hamill had the laugh, he was the perfect voice. Unfortunately, Hamill was only the voice since I can't seem him being the Joker physically.
    When it's a animation of any form all you need is the voice to be 100% awesome

Lvl 6 - Silver

must be difficult to talk into a recording mic

PRO Member

This is an unfortunate day, I always loved Mark Hamill as a voice actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    The best joker ever

Heath ledger and Jack nicholson are terrible compared to mark hamill
    I wouldn't go this far...

See the problem is they all embraced different elements of the Joker's psychosis, and if you ask me they are all brilliant in their own mind.

Mark Hamill's Joker is what I would call the 'most obvious' Joker, he played it very close to the comics. His Joker was clever, coniving, and incredibly devious. He was incredibly developed and complex, but still very obviously evil.

Heath Ledger's Joker is what I would call the 'punk' Joker. He played it as a modern, villanous interpretation of the anarchists of the 80s punk movement. His Joker was more unsettling and uncomfortable, almost as if you never truly knew what he was doing or thinking.

Jack Nicholson is the most subtle of the 3, still good but his Joker was more reactionary. The other two always had plans, Nicholson's Joker presented danger because it always seems like he is making it up as he goes along.

Like I said, I just find it difficult to compare them fairly because they are all different interpretations of the character. Its not like Batmans where everybody who has ever played him is trying to be the same character.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Renegade Time Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    This is an unfortunate day, I always loved Mark Hamill as a voice actor.

I wouldn't go this far...

See the problem is they all embraced different elements of the Joker's psychosis, and if you ask me they are all brilliant in their own mind.

Mark Hamill's Joker is what I would call the 'most obvious' Joker, he played it very close to the comics. His Joker was clever, coniving, and incredibly devious. He was incredibly developed and complex, but still very obviously evil.

Heath Ledger's Joker is what I would call the 'punk' Joker. He played it as a modern, villanous interpretation of the anarchists of the 80s punk movement. His Joker was more unsettling and uncomfortable, almost as if you never truly knew what he was doing or thinking.

Jack Nicholson is the most subtle of the 3, still good but his Joker was more reactionary. The other two always had plans, Nicholson's Joker presented danger because it always seems like he is making it up as he goes along.

Like I said, I just find it difficult to compare them fairly because they are all different interpretations of the character. Its not like Batmans where everybody who has ever played him is trying to be the same character.
    Took the words right out of my mouth
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

NOOOOOOO!!! The world just wont be the same anymore...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123