I Just Had A Semi Heart Attack Along With My PS3 Scare.

This is a discussion on I Just Had A Semi Heart Attack Along With My PS3 Scare. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey guys ): I have no idea what's going on myself but here's the story . I turned on my ...

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I Just Had A Semi Heart Attack Along With My PS3 Scare.

Hey guys ):
    I have no idea what's going on myself but here's the story.

I turned on my PS3 but quickly after I shut it off with the power switch (dumb move) & accidental. After I restarted it the fan was the loudest I have ever ever heard it from any console. I listened to it for awhile & gazed knowing something was up. Soon after it automatically shut off..than I saw it, for the first time since PS3's existence. As a non believer there it was, a constant red flashing light for up to thirty seconds. Here is the part that confuses me. I rebooted & the system is running. I am sitting right now staring at my PS3's dashboard / home page whatever you wanna call it. I don't know what just happened, am I OK? How could I find out? etc..

I have my PS3 vertical & the bottom of it feels rather hot but what would I know, it's not like I check that part daily. :/
    My only thought is that the PS3's fan is really quiet, quieter than ever before but I can feel some air shooting out the back.

DO I dare throw in a disc?
    ty.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Looks like a warning for an upcoming YLOD my friend back up everything just in case, and ASAP!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

you may have accidentally triggered the fan to do that. some people do that on purpose to get all the dust out of the vents. i forget how to make it make the fan get stronger. but i do remember you had to turn off the ps3 with the switch to do so. ur ps3 is probably fine.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

did you accidentally do this?
    if you did this i wouldnt worry. but i dont think you should do this on pupose again.

The One and Only

Hopefully there isn't too much of an issue with your PS3, but now I know not to do that with my PS3. Seriously thanks, and I would try a disc game you probably don't even play anymore just in case

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

The air that I am somewhat feeling isn't a lot. & I am dealing with a phat boy from '07. (40GB). I do plan to upgrade to a slim by Christmas time but I need this one for now. & I just don't get what's up. How do I back up my data? & what does that do, just save my PSN stuff?.

EDIT: I just threw in God of War: Origins Collection. (Good so far).. & I am not hearing the fan power up at all. You know that little boost it gets when doing something big like starting a game.

But doesn't that long red flashing light mean hardware failure? Does that mean it's talking about permanent failure or something wrong just happened..for now.

EDIT: IT just did that "power up"..I'm scared.. lol.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    The air that I am somewhat feeling isn't a lot. & I am dealing with a phat boy from '07. (40GB). I do plan to upgrade to a slim by Christmas time but I need this one for now. & I just don't get what's up. How do I back up my data? & what does that do, just save my PSN stuff?.

EDIT: I just threw in God of War: Origins Collection. (Good so far)..
    Everything PSN wise is safe under your PSN account. However, as sad as it sounds, I'm not quite sure how to back-up all of your save data onto another hard drive. :/

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 2 - Bronze

if you have ps plus there is a feature where you can back up your info thrue sony servers

if you did this i wouldnt worry. but i dont think you should do this on pupose again.

I did not do the exact steps he did in that video (touching the eject button) but yes that is EXACTLY what happened. An extremely loud fan followed by a long shut off / flashing light... it may sound funny but the fan is actually sounding pretty good. It's still doing that "power up" but sounds fresh.

Is it safe to say that I am still a non-beliver in PS3 failure?
    ..shit it broke. lol jk... :/
    Last edited by Chaotically-Epic; 10-22-2011 at 12:33 AM.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

if you want to back up your saves you have 2 options
    first if your a plus member take advantage of the cloud storage which you can find at the top of your saved data folder
    the maximum you can upload is 150 mb

and second if you have a flash drive around you can simply upload your game saves into that
    incase it doesnt make the folders for you, in your flash drive creat a folder called PS3 in CAPS
    then inside that folder you create another folder in CAPS called SAVE DATA
    lastly you just plug your usb into the PS3 and upload each save you want

*careful some saves might be copy protected and might not work or let you unlock trophies in a new ps3, thinking you are not the original user*
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by seattlekboy View Post

can you do that with a slim

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    can you do that with a slim
    im not sure, the slim doesnt have a power switch so if you can i dont know how

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post

I did not do the exact steps he did in that video (touching the eject button) but yes that is EXACTLY what happened. An extremely loud fan followed by a long shut off / flashing light... it may sound funny but the fan is actually sounding pretty good. It's still doing that "power up" but sounds fresh.

Is it safe to say that I am still a non-beliver in PS3 failure?
    ..shit it broke. lol jk... :/
    since you didnt do the exact same sequence of buttons im not sure. but if the fan seemed the same i wouldnt worry cause when your fan does that it doesnt cause any damage. unless you do it too often

since you didnt do the exact same sequence of buttons im not sure. but if the fan seemed the same i wouldnt worry cause when your fan does that it doesnt cause any damage. unless you do it too often
    Despite not doing that one thing he did I still think I did what he did cause the video is exactly what every sounded like. & did. Anyways thanks again. I have been playing my PS3 ever since with no issues or fan problems.

I'm sure that is what happened.

Signature by DaRe_xLw