What were your biggest losses/letdowns/failures as a trophy hunter?

This is a discussion on What were your biggest losses/letdowns/failures as a trophy hunter? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I got around to thinking one day about my failures as a trophy hunter. They say that losses and mistakes ...

PRO Member

What were your biggest losses/letdowns/failures as a trophy hunter?

I got around to thinking one day about my failures as a trophy hunter. They say that losses and mistakes are how we learn in any aspect of our lives. So, I thought it would be interesting to go back to what we wish we had succeeded at as a trophy hunter; the Platinums that got away, the games we were embarrassed by our lack of prowess at, and so on.

As for me, I have a few that stand out:
    1. Getting Platinum for just 16% of my games with Platinum Trophies.
    2. Numerous 0% games, often Plus freebies or ones I rented via Gamefly and never did anything with after installing trophies.
    3. Having my WWE game Platinum streak end with WWE '13, even though my online rank never reset. Of course, ranks almost never reset when they were as low as mine was.
    4. Having an extremely rare, though not unique, trophy glitch permanently lock me out of Platinum on CSI: Fatal Conspiracy.
    5. Having my PS3 start to break down during the final month of EA Sports MMA's online servers lifespan when I was Belt Rank 69 of a possible 90. With outrageous XP being given out per match and win, my chances were good that I would have an "ultra rare" Platinum in my collection -- until my dying PS3 made the decision for me. With all the hate directed at me simply because I won by submission instead of knockout, I would have loved to rub a Platinum Trophy in their faces. Sadly, I'll always think about what might have been.

So, I turn this question over to the rest of the forums. What are your deepest losses?

Avy by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Lvl 8 - Gold

lol you know the good thing about games is that you can go back to most of them.... mk sv dc plat took me 5 years!! My biggest let down is DLC, without that forced onto my trophy lists id be above 95% completion. it would be ok if it was worth the ridiculous money they ask for it but its not ie; ps allstars wants $3 for 1 map to get 1 silver trophy. I get over it buy it just annoys! I did have my ps3 fatty break down and I miss the xtra usb ports lol

Legalize it...

I probably would have platted Brutal Legend but my save got corrupted. Then in Hollywood Squares one of those trophies wont pop for me. It sucks, but what can you do ya know...

Lvl 6 - Silver

1. Not checking if im willing to plat a game before I start it. Or at least checked if id enjoy playing the game. MK v DC will forever stay at 2% because I not only is it a time consuming and difficult plat, but I hate the damn game and cant stand playing it.
    2. Not resetting my clock online after getting the YLOD. I was too eager to finish off Darksiders when I got my ps3 back and now the plat has no timestamp.

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Sine Labore Nihil

4. Having an extremely rare, though not unique, trophy glitch permanently lock me out of Platinum on CSI: Fatal Conspiracy.

I think the game has been patched since then, I was able to get the plat for it! I had read about the glitch online but I think after so many gamers having this issue, that Ubisoft nipped it at the bud.

As for me it would be the games I bought after servers were closed, and this was before I payed attention to trophies. Now I usually don't buy a game if the is not attainable.
    Lastest :

Currently Playing: PS3:LBP+MOH
    Vita: Final Horizon
    PS4:Destiny + Guacamelee! STCE

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

illegal in 9 countries

Like black_bunny, I regret not testing games on an alt account before establishing if I like them or not. It's not a big deal for 0% games because I can hide them. But I feel compelled to go back to games like Bionic Commander and Midnight Club LA where I popped 1 or 2 trophies and realised it was complete shite.

That and playing my kids' games on my account instead of creating separate accounts for them. As a result, I've ended up with an eclectic mix of good, bad, indifferent and incomplete trophy lists that don't really represent the games I like to play.

Closed servers and glitched trophies is also agitating. Trophies are part of the product and I'm not getting what I paid for when trophies are impossible. For example, Aussies and Kiwis who bought their regional copy of Skylanders Swap Force (my son and I play it together) on PS4 cannot connect to the online servers, which makes the easiest trophy in the game impossible to achieve. Activision dropped a patch to fix the problem, but we can't install the bloody thing! Activision has given up on us, so I'd need to import another copy of the game from the US or UK just to pop a single trophy

Ultimately, who really gives a flying f....ig, no-ones care about your trophies but you. There's no way I'm starting again on a new account just to make myself feel better about the games I've played.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Fifa 12.. hard as fuck plat and the two last trophies i need are corrupted. one of them was play 100 games with one player on ultimate team, i did it and no trophy, the other is spend 50 hours on the feild, wont pop either, huge letdown

Lvl 7 - Gold

Screwing up getting the 2000th trophy.

Now it's a crappy Yoostar trophy instead of "Elder God" in Mortal Kombat.

I had it perfectly setup to earn 8 quick trophies so I could then grind out the needed wins. But noooo, Sony had to remove Walking dead from the sale. I didn't want to start Season 2 without playing Season 1. So I got screwed by the game giving me an extra trophy that I didn't want.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Banned

Getting accuse cheating and hacking online trophies in the same year?I think 2015 will be no gaming on the PS3 as punishment.

Editorial Team

Mortal Kombat
    Trying to get 2500 respect points before server shutdown, taking a break at 2000+ points. Letting the servers go down as I knew they would come back online, only to realize that my points have been reset to 0 with the new servers...

Medal of Honor Warfighter
    Trying to load back a savefile from ps+ after dying on hardcore, turns out you can only do that once a day, and I tried it on my 2nd death.

Working on: The next platinum trophy!

Lvl 5 - Silver

Having Far Cry 2 and FEAR 2 in my trophy list. Worst games ever and two examples of games with online trophies that the developers should be repeatedly punched in the face for. There's nothing I detest more than crappy multiplayer with unrealistic trophies attached. There are no other games in my profile I'm ashamed of, even I don't manage to plat every game.

Deathless Destroyer

Playing Crysis 2 multiplayer to death last year for maybe 50 hours and having two of the online trophies glitch, going back to it this year and earning one of the trophies but the other one is still glitched and I can't be bothered to put in the time to have a chance at earning it again and getting the platinum.

I'm trying to get as many PS3 trophies as I can in the 3 weeks before I go back to PS4 to try and get my percentages up but a couple of days ago I made the mistake of starting Deus Ex: Human Revolution again and now I'm stuck on it despite already having the platinum because it's an awesome game.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 9 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Not getting the online trophies for GT5 before the server went offline. Because I had no interest with the social aspect of the game when the severs were up

Needs More Rum

Probably just having games on my list that I played with one of my mates that I didn't like or own. I've since hidden those but that's about it.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Rise Above

after getting a 15 platinum streak and conquering MGS 4 platinum back in early feb 2014, i experienced some sever gamer fatique. i had no urge to get any platinum. no platinums for like 6 months. also some games servers were all jacked up on released date, so i gave up on does games.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Missing out on the Ghostbusters and Overlord II online trophies. I had the time to do them, but I just wasn't in the mood to play my PS3 and missed out on platting those games again on my current profile. I did manage to plat Resistance 2 a few days before the servers shutdown though =3

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

Lvl 4 - Silver

Nice thread

I suppose the big one, oddly, would be my 2012 mission of getting 1 platinum every month. I did it for all months except Oct/Nov/Dec, because I gave up in September after doing Skyrim. That mission put me off trophy hunting completely, forever. Playing games I wasn't enjoying was a chore and it's a damn shame because trophy hunting on good games was amazing fun, but I have 0 desire for it anymore. The fact a good number of the plats were achieved in the very last days of the month shows how reluctant I was to play those games

4 letdowns, in order:

- Not getting the AC:Brotherhood platinum because of 1 online trophy that I once came VERY close to getting due to an easy lobby, but backed out after 1 game because I thought I'd done it (made plans to boost it eventually, then my mate sold his PS3)

- Never reaching rank 60 on Resistance 2 before the servers shut down

- Giving up on Overlord II at 11% because my PS3 died and lost all data. Not about the trophies anymore, just that I haven't bothered playing it again due to laziness (see DS2 one below)

- Dead Space 2 hardcore mode. I know I can (and hopefully will) do this, but have CBA'd for almost 3 years now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have had many let downs for reasons like I lost the game or glitches trophies like crisis 2 but however I managed to have 111 platinum and push through I have now many games left to platinum especially new ones I got like dragonball xenoverse, evolve, dying light, dragon age, and I want to try out the new zombie game mode that came out for call of duty if anyone is interested I am constantly streaming all of these games and can watch walkthroughs, gameplay, or even just enjoy the stream with my friends and followers at twitch.tv/onlinegamer951 next game I'm getting is blood borne good thread and take this in consideration fellas have a nice day!