Can't access the PS Store on PS3

This is a discussion on Can't access the PS Store on PS3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Well, for the last couple of weeks, I've been having a lot of problems accessing the PlayStation Store on my ...

Banned

Can't access the PS Store on PS3

Well, for the last couple of weeks, I've been having a lot of problems accessing the PlayStation Store on my PS3 Slim. I must have had to update it twice already. Whenever trying to access it, it would either get stuck on the PlayStation Store logo until my console froze and I had to pull the plug, or I would just get a message saying "This service is currently undergoing maintenance".

Anybody else having this problem? Any fix?

Thanks

Lvl 4 - Silver

You could just buy whatever you need to on a computer and then go into your transactions list on the PS3 to download it from there as a workaround.
    This happens to me all the time for some reason. I'd try to go into the store and the first time it would always freeze, so after I unplugged and rebooted the system it would work the second time. Instead of doing all that work I just started using my computer to download stuff.

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

I actually contacted the customer care and they said that it was going through unscheduled maintenance plus this weekend it has something to do with the free for all online play on the ps4, and a ton of other bs that the rep just used as a copy and paste, all they say is keep trying and it will fix itself eventually

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have noticed that ever since the last big update to the format of the store that more and more people have been reporting freezes and getting randomly kicked from the store. for me personally it takes about 3 minutes for the store to load when I open it

Trophy Huntin'

Glad it's not just me. I've been having the same access problems.

It also takes me a long time to log into the PSN as of recent. Never used to happen before. Is that just me?

Looking for some new games? Check out the Trading post for some great deals!
    Latest Platinum: Batman: The Order 1886

Working On: PS4: Star Wars Battlefront and Rocket League
    PS3: Dishonored and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
    Vita: Rainbow Moon and Hotline Miami 2

PRO Member

My friend has been having issues getting on it too. Mine just takes forever but eventually lets me on.

La Mano de Dios

Quote Originally Posted by harryisonfire View Post
    Well, for the last couple of weeks, I've been having a lot of problems accessing the PlayStation Store on my PS3 Slim. I must have had to update it twice already. Whenever trying to access it, it would either get stuck on the PlayStation Store logo until my console froze and I had to pull the plug, or I would just get a message saying "This service is currently undergoing maintenance".

Anybody else having this problem? Any fix?

Thanks
    I had that issue last week and didn't know it was a particular problem till I realized I could accessed the Store in my Vita. I just solved it 2 days ago by deleting and reinstalling the store app. It worked fine for me

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseclown View Post
    I have noticed that ever since the last big update to the format of the store that more and more people have been reporting freezes and getting randomly kicked from the store. for me personally it takes about 3 minutes for the store to load when I open it
    I've waited over 10 minutes, still nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by supersonicjc View Post
    I actually contacted the customer care and they said that it was going through unscheduled maintenance plus this weekend it has something to do with the free for all online play on the ps4, and a ton of other bs that the rep just used as a copy and paste, all they say is keep trying and it will fix itself eventually
    Yeah, total BS. More like "We don't care about PS3 users anymore so guy buy a PS4"

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbedkinpark View Post
    You could just buy whatever you need to on a computer and then go into your transactions list on the PS3 to download it from there as a workaround.
    This happens to me all the time for some reason. I'd try to go into the store and the first time it would always freeze, so after I unplugged and rebooted the system it would work the second time. Instead of doing all that work I just started using my computer to download stuff.
    I've been doing that, thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangcrashboom View Post
    Glad it's not just me. I've been having the same access problems.

It also takes me a long time to log into the PSN as of recent. Never used to happen before. Is that just me?
    I've been getting that too. Sony must be giving more priority to PS4 users than we thought.

I guess Sony don't care about PS3 users anymore. Sad.