Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cool video game crossovers?

This is a discussion on Cool video game crossovers? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom Capcom vs Nintendo: The Quest for more Money. Hell they already have the TvC engine, with ...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom View Post
    Capcom vs Nintendo: The Quest for more Money.

Hell they already have the TvC engine, with just a little tweaking, perhaps making it three on three. You could have a monster of a fighter on the Wii. Of course Doom would have to be a special guest with his UMvC3 moveset. I wanna bring some death onto Mario.
    And while Capcom's flagship series (Street Fighter) fights Nintendo's (Mario/TLoZ), a new challenger arrives: Activision's CoD.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingscotty View Post
    Freddiew mashing mario and FPS
    That was awesome!

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy

Hear me out here, Square Enix is sitting on a gold mine of a franchise here, and keeps trying the MMO thing by doing it all wrong. Instead of creating a whole new world, with unfamiliar races, characters, cities, and environments - they should be trying to figure out a way to make a game that includes nearly 25 years of nostalgia into a brand new, multi-layered experience.

You could start out in the world of Final Fantasy having to find eight crystals that unlock eight new worlds that allow you to be in eight seperate Final Fantasy universes. The story would let you and your friends use weapons, magics, and see familiar faces from the previous games in a massive MMO world, in which every one of the Final Fantasy worlds are threatened by Garland and a new shadow figure (new villain!) in an attempt to completely destroy the worlds within. You could have cameo appearances from all the franchises characters in a mixture of scenarios. Imagine running into Locke in Balamb Garden, or having Barret and Balthier having a mexican stand-off atop towering buildings in Zozo?

You could make expansions for further games in neat combo packs like Final Fantasy IX + Final Fantasy XIII and make something that resonates with anybody who ever played the series. It would be an homage to the series, and a thank you to the fans by delivering the cross-over experience many of us imagined Final Fantasy XI might have been when it was first announced. The Final Fantasy MMO that everybody wants.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    I say Midnight Club and Grand Theft Auto were meant for each other, even since it was made by the same game developers, Rockstar Games. Also, Need for Speed and Call of Duty wouldn't hurt, since they both come out once a year
    Opie & Anthony mentioned this when they had Lazlow in studio once - that while playing Midnight Club, every once in a while CJ from GTA San Andreas should walk up and carjack you.
    Last edited by nullzero00; 10-23-2011 at 10:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Resident PHD

God of War and Gran Turismo...think of the carnage.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post

Hear me out here, Square Enix is sitting on a gold mine of a franchise here, and keeps trying the MMO thing by doing it all wrong. Instead of creating a whole new world, with unfamiliar races, characters, cities, and environments - they should be trying to figure out a way to make a game that includes nearly 25 years of nostalgia into a brand new, multi-layered experience.

You could start out in the world of Final Fantasy having to find eight crystals that unlock eight new worlds that allow you to be in eight seperate Final Fantasy universes. The story would let you and your friends use weapons, magics, and see familiar faces from the previous games in a massive MMO world, in which every one of the Final Fantasy worlds are threatened by Garland and a new shadow figure (new villain!) in an attempt to completely destroy the worlds within. You could have cameo appearances from all the franchises characters in a mixture of scenarios. Imagine running into Locke in Balamb Garden, or having Barret and Balthier having a mexican stand-off atop towering buildings in Zozo?

You could make expansions for further games in neat combo packs like Final Fantasy IX + Final Fantasy XIII and make something that resonates with anybody who ever played the series. It would be an homage to the series, and a thank you to the fans by delivering the cross-over experience many of us imagined Final Fantasy XI might have been when it was first announced. The Final Fantasy MMO that everybody wants.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Resident PHD

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

How about combing the world of the Fallout Series and mix it with the Half Life series. The combine slowly but surely takes over New California. But the only thing keeping them from total domination is the Brotherhood of Steel, the Enclave, bandits, the Master's Army, The Vault Dweller, and GORDON FREEMAN!

No Game No Life

Best idea.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    And while Capcom's flagship series (Street Fighter) fights Nintendo's (Mario/TLoZ), a new challenger arrives: Activision's CoD.
    Now that's Diabolical. Doom likes it.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Honestly Resistance 3 mixed with either Killzone or Gears.
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

Lvl 9 - Gold

A super smash bros type of game with all sony exclusive characters.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    Idk why but Killzone and Resistance.

Battlefield and MoH (character crossover).
    i think they should of put the killstreaks from moh and put itin battlefield 3 anyways GTA and CALL OF DUTY

Lvl 7 - Gold

This would be the MMO that would get me into MMO's

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I thought of this during the heyday of the PS2. I'm glad someone else thought of this
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by grayghost View Post
    My crossover thought is Devil May Cry and Shadows of the Damned. I'm not sure why but it sounds good to me
    THIS RIGHT HERE, that would be one of my favourite games of all time.
    But I was thinking Spiderman with Mirror's Edge... that would be awesome.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    Private Pitaki, get in that Skyline and chase that hadji down! I and Corporal Reyes will follow in our 350z. We expect to be pursued by an Evo, Viper, and a Cadillac Escalade that kind of seems out of place on the street race circut. Coming in less than third is not an option. MOVE OUT!

It'll be like ultimate Mario Kart.
    I would so rep you if I could, you made my day.
    Anyway, I'd like a Spyro and Crash Crossover. The one on GBA wasn't that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Yes! I am Clank! I'm punching you!
    Hi! I'm Drake! I'm shooting you!

It would be hard to balance, but would be surely awesome. For the shooting characters, which are a lot, they should do something like Nintendo did with Snake in SSBB.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think Dark Void did good with mixing Uncharted style gameplay with the jetpack and era feel of The Rocketeer. This is one of my favorite games! I really enjoyed this game!

Also, I think the uncharted world mixed with the co-op and open world sandbox aspecs of Mercs 2. I love in game co-op, we need more games like this! This would still be great if you lose the sandbox idea!

Mr. X

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post

I second this but take my clothes, my food...just take everything and give it me now.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

A plat a month!

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingscotty View Post
    Freddiew mashing mario and FPS

Awesome. I love the CoDesq notifications!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12