Sony removes the PayPal option from the PS Store

This is a discussion on Sony removes the PayPal option from the PS Store within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Ok, so I'm kinda mad that they took out the option to pay with PayPal. Often times it was more ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Sony removes the PayPal option from the PS Store

Ok, so I'm kinda mad that they took out the option to pay with PayPal. Often times it was more convenient than going out to the store and getting a PSN card, and even more often it was cheaper. I just had a purchase that totaled $20.48, and yet with PSN cards the lowest I could pay was $30, and have a $9.52 credit in my wallet, but I didn't want anything else at that time, so I'd be spending that extra $9.52 prematurely on nothing in a sense, until i bought something later down the road. I am also incredibly hesitant to add my card information onto my profile, but ultimately that was what I had to do. With PayPal, all my information was stored with them, and they simply added funds to my PSN wallet without ever giving out information. It was easy, it was convenient, i wasn't paying more than i had to and it held the lowest risk.

Anyone in the same boat as I am?

PRO Member

I am. I used it and this is stupid. Definitely upsetting.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

I have had the annoyances you listed since I got my ps3, I never even knew there was a paypal option on PS STore, never seen it unless the UK/EU Store does not have it? I wish I would have used that option while it was available.

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I still have the option of adding funds with pay pal

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Are you sure it's removed? Doesn't paypal currently have one of those spend 50 get 10 back or extra deals at the moment on the PSN store?

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 9 - Gold

Its not that big of a deal since I refuse to ever use Paypal. A buddy had it and had to fight like hell to get his money back when someone used his account to buy WoW crap. I knew he didn't do it because he refuses to play it since there is a monthly fee. That's been a few years ago.

Negator

When exactly did this happen? Is there an official news source or a reason behind PayPal's alleged removal?

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    Ok, so I'm kinda mad that they took out the option to pay with PayPal.
    I'm pretty sure you'll find the option to add funds via PayPal is still there; you're just looking in the wrong place.

illegal in 9 countries

Bollocks.

I checked both my AU and US accounts.

It doesn't matter if you use the PS Store on your PlayStation PS3, Vita or PS4, or if you use the Sony Entertainment Network site - they both integrate into the same back-end at Sony and PayPal remains a payment option.

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    Are you sure it's removed? Doesn't paypal currently have one of those spend 50 get 10 back or extra deals at the moment on the PSN store?
    Correct. There's a promo on the AU PS Store - add $80 to your Wallet via PayPal, get a $15 redemption code. Australia's only had PayPal for a few months; there's no way Sony would drop the ball and remove it.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I'm pretty sure you'll find the option to add funds via PayPal is still there; you're just looking in the wrong place.
    I currently have Catherine ($6.99 at the moment) in my cart in the PS3's PS Store, and I have a wallet balance of $0.00. When I hit Proceed To Checkout, it gives me 3 options: Credit Card (which I do not have on file), Code, Pay By Mobile. Out of those three options, do you see the one that says "Pay with PayPal?" Neither do I.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post

I checked both my AU and US accounts.
    It doesn't matter if you use the PS Store on your PlayStation PS3, Vita or PS4, or if you use the Sony Entertainment Network site - they both integrate into the same back-end at Sony and PayPal remains a payment option.
    I see this picture in the computer web browser that I'm using on my desktop, so they did not remove the function, and the option to use PayPal is still on my PS4. but on my PS3 the option is gone.