Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

What killed this site?

This is a discussion on What killed this site? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; colonel mustard in the kitchen with a candle stick bout as accurate as all the guessing in this thread...

INTJ

colonel mustard in the kitchen with a candle stick

bout as accurate as all the guessing in this thread

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

God forbid that you of all people would bother to come up with a constructive point. Why change the habit of a lifetime I guess?

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Heaps clever. If only someone had made that joke 6 months ago when this thread was active...

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Heaps clever. If only someone had made that joke 6 months ago when this thread was active...

I actually lol'd at his witty retort. XD

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I used to use this website a lot more often before to get platinum and stuff but it doesn't feel the same anymore:/. I just been getting a lot of new games and trying them out like dying light evolve and the new exo zombies I cant wait for bloodborne!!! Also I been streaming all these games on my twitch the link is twitch.tv/onlinegamer951 if anyone wants to see active gameplay but have a nice day guys

Kiwi Defender

Better late than never though lol.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This site was from the beginning very boring for me,I used it only when was necessary and sites like ************** etc were much better.Never found something to keep me here.I spend only 5-10 mins a week on it so I cannot add anymore on this topic.

"We can't be together forever.But with this we can become one..."

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Survival Horror View Post
    This site was from the beginning very boring for me,I used it only when was necessary and sites like ************** etc were much better.Never found something to keep me here.I spend only 5-10 mins a week on it so I cannot add anymore on this topic.
    Well, it's not like you added much to begin with >_>.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Ah, give him a chance. I'm sure he can produce something of value in those 5-10 minutes a week.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post

I actually lol'd at his witty retort. XD
    Better late than never though lol.
    Guess I wasn't clear enough...

What killed this site?

The Site Mascot

I have no idea what happened.

Avater and signature created by my Best Friend DaRe_xLw
    Aqua's Furry Adventures Through Time and Space.

Kiwi Defender

Guess I wasn't clear enough...

What killed this site?
    No one remembers your posts, Faust. They're about as memorable as The Hurt Locker. Plus no one remembers the first posts from a 6 months old thread .

Toggle Spoiler

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Ah, give him a chance. I'm sure he can produce something of value in those 5-10 minutes a week.
    This here is probably another reason this site is nearly dead. Hostile mods. You guys really can't take criticism.

Also the fact that you guys are so scared of losing users that you censor any mention of more functional sites like psn(profiles) or ps3(trophies)dot(org) is kind of pathetic. But hey, just my opinion.

Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by harryisonfire View Post
    This here is probably another reason this site is nearly dead. Hostile mods. You guys really can't take criticism.

Also the fact that you guys are so scared of losing users that you censor any mention of more functional sites like psn(profiles) or ps3(trophies)dot(org) is kind of pathetic. But hey, just my opinion.
    exactly. this website is defined as the good ol' boys club. website has potential but no one is to be found.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Ι can produce a lot of good things with value in gaming and already created a lot of notes and new topics in other sites.But the most important thing is that the site must inspire me and this never happens here until today.

Negator

I was genuinely defending Survival Horror. 10-15 minutes is more than enough time to contribute, especially when he's not preocuppied playing the "finger-pointing game" like some members.

As for criticism, I take plenty of it, and I enjoy hearing what everyone has to say. The censors on the site have nothing to do with myself, but with the owners. That's out of my (and other staff members') control, sorry.

Ι can produce a lot of good things with value in gaming and already created a lot of notes and new topics in other sites.But the most important thing is that the site must inspire me and this never happens here until today.
    I think inspiration is the key towards self motivation. Even if you only have a few minutes each week to post a tip for a game, it's welcome here. I hope you continue to visit us from time to time.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Kiwi Defender

"Hostile mods"? I've been promoted to modship ?

Criticism is one thing (and one I love to do, and I've done in this very thread), but relatively useless comments are another. For someone who only spends "5-10 minutes a week" here, there's not much he can criticize, can he? It's like paying attention to someone's criticism towards, let's say, Jaws, when he's never watched it. How much can he criticize correctly when he's barely around? The site's been stagnating and barely produces content, but to think it can all be seen and criticized in 5-10 minutes a week is an exaggeration lol.

Yeah, I never got why the admins (yes, the admins, not the staff as a whole - we barely have a voice in these kind of issues) censored other sites, evne more so when you can just call 'em ".org" or "Sly's site" and everyone will know what one's talking about - not to mention there's something called Google out there. Those censorships have been around forever, when this site was growing at an accelerated rate and the others weren't (heck, Sly's wasn't even around), and it didn't make sense back then either. But then again, post-crash people wouldn't know that lol.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Nagflar(from metal band right ?)Maybe you cannot understand that i stay 5-10 mins here anymore,because I dont like a lot of things,when i first came here(almost 3 years ago)i search everything that I could as i am doing to every new site that visit.So i can use criticism on it.If you have interest to learn what things found uninterest you can ask me.

Kiwi Defender

Nagflar(from metal band right ?)Maybe you cannot understand that i stay 5-10 mins here anymore,because I dont like a lot of things,when i first came here(almost 3 years ago)i search everything that I could as i am doing to every new site that visit.So i can use criticism on it.If you have interest to learn what things found uninterest you can ask me.
    If that's the case then there was just a little missunderstanding from my part. Due to the way you worded it, it felt as if you've been coming here for almost 3 years and just checking the site 5-10 minutes every week, but if that wasn't until recently then I can agree with your point of view. I won't ask you to go in-depth as to why you found the site to become less and less appealing with time (I'd say it's evident why that is, and it's been kind of explored already in this very thread), so don't fret about it.

As for the band, that'd be Naglfar. My username's a typo I started using about 8 years ago when I first played an MMO.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 1 - Bronze

op

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast