Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

What killed this site?

This is a discussion on What killed this site? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by harryisonfire This here is probably another reason this site is nearly dead. Hostile mods. You guys really ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by harryisonfire View Post
    This here is probably another reason this site is nearly dead. Hostile mods. You guys really can't take criticism.

Also the fact that you guys are so scared of losing users that you censor any mention of more functional sites like psn(profiles) or ps3(trophies)dot(org) is kind of pathetic. But hey, just my opinion.
    Yeah... erm... put the two bold together and you'll get the right answer

Toggle Spoiler

Credit to DaRe_xLw for the Sig and Avi

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by General_Teddie View Post
    Yeah... erm... put the two bold together and you'll get the right answer
    um, what...?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Ok, so i know this thread was started last November, but for the hell of it, i wanna add 2 cents as well, for fun

So i joined, what, 4 years ago? And not even 100 posts, so i apologize for never contributing. Ive always used this site from my phone and maybe if i had a laptop i would do more. Plus im not always "trophy hunting", its kinda just what i do when im bored of gaming. Im one of those guys who gets STUCK on 1 game, play the shit out of it endlessly and move onto the next.. Borderlands, Fallouts, Call of Duty's (im a retired COD vet lol), Skyrim to name a few..

I also love COLLECTING games to put on my shelf and never play OR download my free monthly games (along with buying on deals i cant pass up). I'm a game hoarder lol

What brought me to THIS site and what continues to bring me to this site is the INFORMATION this site provides. Whenever i get in my trophy hunting itch like i am now, i will search to see what site is best for me, and through these past 4 years, its ALWAYS this site..

Ive TRIED using the one that almost has same name and IMO it just sucked. It might look prettier, forums may be more active, they may even have nicer staff, but its the HARD WORK from the people who bring us all of the trophy INFORMATION we need.

From guides to lists to stats, this site in my mind is the best and ONLY one i visit for my needs. It is a little annoying that there's a sister site for more specific stats. I dont understand the PURPOSE i guess. If you want more traffic, id start with that.

The one and only time i suggested something for a trophy guide, i got a smartass reply from a mod, i havent "contributed" since. Id work on THAT next.

I know a LOT about running forums, ive actually had 10+ years experience doing so, forums of many different types. It takes a TON of hard work and dedication and MY GUESS is, your top people allowed drama to get to them too much, felt burnt out and LOST that passion they started out with. I've been there!

Im gonna tell you this... its really NOT about what the forum looks like, its STILL about the PURPOSE of what this forum was created for that matters the most. And again, thats the awesome INFORMATION that this forum shines over the rest.

The smaller things you can work on as you TRY and find those few who are willing to put in the effort.. Updating, making it pretty, adding some new things, etc...

Anyways, thats my thought on an old thread

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BadAzzOutlaw View Post
    Ok, so i know this thread was started last November, but for the hell of it, i wanna add 2 cents as well, for fun

So i joined, what, 4 years ago? And not even 100 posts, so i apologize for never contributing. Ive always used this site from my phone and maybe if i had a laptop i would do more. Plus im not always "trophy hunting", its kinda just what i do when im bored of gaming. Im one of those guys who gets STUCK on 1 game, play the shit out of it endlessly and move onto the next.. Borderlands, Fallouts, Call of Duty's (im a retired COD vet lol), Skyrim to name a few..

I also love COLLECTING games to put on my shelf and never play OR download my free monthly games (along with buying on deals i cant pass up). I'm a game hoarder lol

What brought me to THIS site and what continues to bring me to this site is the INFORMATION this site provides. Whenever i get in my trophy hunting itch like i am now, i will search to see what site is best for me, and through these past 4 years, its ALWAYS this site..

Ive TRIED using the one that almost has same name and IMO it just sucked. It might look prettier, forums may be more active, they may even have nicer staff, but its the HARD WORK from the people who bring us all of the trophy INFORMATION we need.

From guides to lists to stats, this site in my mind is the best and ONLY one i visit for my needs. It is a little annoying that there's a sister site for more specific stats. I dont understand the PURPOSE i guess. If you want more traffic, id start with that.

The one and only time i suggested something for a trophy guide, i got a smartass reply from a mod, i havent "contributed" since. Id work on THAT next.

I know a LOT about running forums, ive actually had 10+ years experience doing so, forums of many different types. It takes a TON of hard work and dedication and MY GUESS is, your top people allowed drama to get to them too much, felt burnt out and LOST that passion they started out with. I've been there!

Im gonna tell you this... its really NOT about what the forum looks like, its STILL about the PURPOSE of what this forum was created for that matters the most. And again, thats the awesome INFORMATION that this forum shines over the rest.

The smaller things you can work on as you TRY and find those few who are willing to put in the effort.. Updating, making it pretty, adding some new things, etc...

Anyways, thats my thought on an old thread
    This right here. No one is denying the fact that the trophy guides on this site aren't good, on the contrary, everyone will say they are informative and generally great. Hence why this site gets so many visitors and lurkers. The thing is, the forums here aren't very inviting at all from an outsider's perspective. Like BadAzz said, the mods here won't take any criticism whatsoever, and aren't open to any suggestions. The mods here seem to believe that the reason this site's community is near dead is because of the users, and they can't seem to comprehend that maybe it might be a problem with the people running the community. The people running this site love to blame the users for the slow death of the community, yet they aren't willing to do anything to change or help.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Let's talk hypothetically for a moment.

Let's say, hypothetically, that there are plans in the works for this site and its future. Hypothetically.
    And let's also say, for the sake of it, that there are people in positions of power on this site who know about these plans.

Now would be a reaaaaaaaaally good time for them to quit with all the secrecy and just spill the beans. Because, hypothetically, if they wait much longer to say anything about this hypothetical site that may or may not be being worked on, there might not be anyone left around here to give a fuck.

Trophy Guide Kitten

There are plans going on for the site. I'm not completely up to speed with it, but I do know Sub has been talking with me, Davey and a few other staff members about ideas and suggestions and all that stuff. Now I wont sit here and be like oh be patient and all, cause i know this has been in discussion for over a year now, but in the past months, its been talked about a lot more between us.

And just throwing this out there too,

"the mods here won't take any criticism whatsoever, and aren't open to any suggestions. The mods here seem to believe that the reason this site's community is near dead is because of the users, and they can't seem to comprehend that maybe it might be a problem with the people running the community. The people running this site love to blame the users for the slow death of the community, yet they aren't willing to do anything to change or help."

Most of us dont have the power to actually change things. we dont blame the community fully, as we know the site itself needs work. Most of us do try our best to do what we can with the power we have. We hold contest for the community to get involved in, and like only 10 people join. We keep the forums clean, we gets guides out, post news and all that good stuff.

So instead of throwing blame and shit at everyone, why dont we try together to make the site better.

My inbox is always available for suggestions in which i can pass onto sub personally.

K? Thanks
    K? Thanks

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678