Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Rocksteady's Next Project: Superman?

This is a discussion on Rocksteady's Next Project: Superman? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Superman? I bodied that scrub easily. Stay Free, Son. Rocksteady should make a game about Doom. Perhaps it could be ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Superman? I bodied that scrub easily. Stay Free, Son.

Rocksteady should make a game about Doom. Perhaps it could be a sim on how Doom runs Latveria. It'll be the greatest game ever released!
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

While a third Batman game rounding up the Arkham trilogy does not sound bad, would they not be running out of villains to use? If you have finished Arkham City, you will know what I am talking about, specifically one from the previous Arkham Asylum game.

Other than that, a Superman game would be fun, when in Rocksteady's hands, but I do not see how viable playing Superman can actually be. Like others have said, Superman is basically a 'god'; he can do just about anything, short of being weak to kryptonite. You would only be one-hitting bosses and flying all around Earth, unless your average thug has a kryptonite gun, and that is too much to visualize a modern future like that, no?

Though, Rocksteady should focus on a Spiderman project. THAT is actually similar to Batman's playstyle. He is not invincible, but he can use webs to fly over the city, not unlike Batman, and he has several gadgets at his disposal. And he is just as popular a character as well. Why not? =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

PRO Member

What do I think? This is a horrible idea.

A superman video game is just implicitly a bad idea. Superman, as a character, is not built for gaming.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Identity Overload

I think they should stay away from Superman, I honestly don't think it would be that much fun at all. Even with the success of Batman games. Take the hit with Mark Hamil retiring from the Joker and find somebody who can also do his voice and continue with the Batman games. OR maybe a Green Lantern game, that may be fun.

Sig by Prosthetic | Platbar by In2 | Avatar by Alison

The Playboy Wikipedia

I remember reading about a potential Superman game a few weeks ago. If Doomsday and/or Darkseid are in it, I'd play it.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

PRO Member

Superman sounds interesting, although I do think it will be harder to do than Batman

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

There are soooo many angles they could take with this! Also, many of the enemies cross over in the DC Universe. There are more than plenty of enimies Superman can fight. Not only this, but Lex could easily have released a bunch baddies that were experimented on with Kryptonite. There are sooooo many things to base the game off of. They could even start the game with the biggest battle in comics, Superman vs. Doomsday, Superman "dies" and the other "Superman" impersonators rise, and as the real Superman returns, he needs to reclaim his title from all of the impersonators and any other major bad guys they can throw into the mix! Gain a little knowledge before you bash the "S" man! I would love this!
    Last edited by BlurredImages; 10-24-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Bringing the PAIN

Quote Originally Posted by revbob666 View Post
    I do believe Rocksteady already said somewhere that when they started the batman game that it was ment to be a trilogy so.. if there is gonna be a batman game i dont see it coming out for atleast 4 years
    Umm... You do realize they did Arkham City in like 2 years right?! Why would they take 4 for the next one? I love when people just throw out facts that are COMPLETELY unfounded in any way...

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 7 - Gold

I'm more of a MARVEL man,
    Batman is the only hero i really like of DC.
    I'm playing Batman AC now, and i love it but i don't know if Rocksteady would make a superman game, if i will get it....
    They should make a HULK game!

Regional Manager of War

I would prefer a Green Lantern game, a real one with the same budget that had when making the Batman games. I doubt there making a superman game because he is unstoppable literally.....

Local Drunk

A Superman game could be really good as long as they get it right and if they did then I'd definitely play it.

HOW CRAZY YOUR LOVE

Superman is completely over powered. I might have fun for like an hour beating the shit out of everything, but beyond that, I can't see a Superman game being fun.

Personally, I'm hoping that Rocksteady would make a Green Arrow game. Similar concept, Green Arrow has a high variety of gadgets, while at the same time, Green Arrow is a very different character than Batman. It would be a nice change of price.

Awesome iCard made by Renegdr
    Awesome Sig made by Prosthetic, of ExDesigns

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12