Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rocksteady's Next Project: Superman?

This is a discussion on Rocksteady's Next Project: Superman? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; IGN put up a poll for people to vote on who should be the next DC hero to have an ...

Change is mediocre

Rocksteady's Next Project: Superman?

IGN put up a poll for people to vote on who should be the next DC hero to have an epic game made by Rocksteady. The results pointed at Superman.

A poll was opened last week that pitted The Dark Knight against a range of other popular heroes and comic book titles from the DC Universe, and it was the Last Son of Krypton that came out on top with 32.49% of the vote. The poll was conceived after Batman: Arkham City's lead writer Paul Dini told us that he'd be interested in working on a Superman game in a recent interview.
    Here are a few ideas of how a Superman game could be approached.

• A Strong Focus on Story
    • Base it on the 'New 52' Version of Superman
    • Take the Metroid Approach to Power Ups
    • Safety of Others, Not Your Own
    • Perfect the Controls of His Powers
    • Guest Appearances from Other Heroes
    So what do you guys think?

Source: ign.com

Lvl 7 - Gold

I'd play it, if it's as good as the Batman games.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Plats-O'-War!!

They've already succeeded with Batman, so this will be interesting.......

Legendary...Nuff Said

A poll on IGN isn't gonna influence what Rocksteady decides to do next. Frankly I wouldn't really want to see a Superman game; I was never really a fan of that hero. Other than Batman, there aren't any other DC superheroes that I really like. I wish they could do like a Spidey game justice, but I think they aren't allowed to do anything out of the DC heroes range...

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    A poll on IGN isn't gonna influence what Rocksteady decides to do next. Frankly I wouldn't really want to see a Superman game; I was never really a fan of that hero. Other than Batman, there aren't any other DC superheroes that I really like. I wish they could do like a Spidey game justice, but I think they aren't allowed to do anything out of the DC heroes range...
    The poll was conceived after Batman: Arkham City's lead writer Paul Dini told us that he'd be interested in working on a Superman game in a recent interview.
    It would not influence them, it would motivate them to do it.
    Though I never did like Superman, it would be cool to see whats done with this.

BZA
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

bad idea, maybe a Smallville Game with Clark learning powers, but Superman? too difficult, the only good villan is Lexluthor and maybe Darkseid.

i prefer they make another Batman Game and finish a trilogy or a Robin game, the character is pretty cool in Arkham City
    [Platinums: Infamous, Infamous 2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City, Rage, Catherine.]

]

Korean Girl Group Groupie

I don't see it working as well as Batman to be honest.

Batman has no super powers, and relies on his combat prowess and his gadgets and technological expertise. The reason Batman works is because he can be hurt by your common street thug, he isn't impervious to bullets or being hit by vehicles or sickness. His vulnerability is part of what makes him such a dynamic character.

Superman, on the other hand, isn't going to be damaged by many things, to the point of being extremely over-powered; and even if they try to strip him down or have to reacquire his abilities, it's just not very believable that some jobber enemy could take him down, unless the entire game is going to take place in a city made of kryptonite.

If the entire focus is going to be protecting people, or rescuing people, it's really not going to be all that fun of an experience. You're going to want to be Superman in all his glory - x-ray vision, super strength, flight, and invulnerability. I also don't feel that Metropolis makes anywhere near as good of an environment as Gotham City does.

I also don't think that Superman resonates with people anywhere near as much as Batman. His films, movie, animations, all are of a much higher quality and higher popularity than their Superman counterparts. Many people know much more about the Batman universe and can hop in and familiarize themselves with the story and characters quite quickly. Superman struggles with public appeal aside from Lex Luthor and perhaps General Zod. It would be much more difficult to pull off in a way that makes the hardcore comic fans and the casual fans interested.

Rocksteady could pull it off, but I would much rather prefer them to keep making Batman games since they have proven to everybody that they can pull off an experience that fulfills everybody's expectations and desires.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Sounds interesting, I just hope they don't make the play style and everything exactly like Batman. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that it seems that nowadays, developers always tend to make all their games identical when they aren't even in the same franchise or series.

An old-fashioned cowboy

I've never been a fan of Superman. It's too bad that Activision owns the rights to Spiderman and X-Men cause Rocksteady could do wonders with them.

Kiwi Defender

Due to all the powers and abilities Superman has, I don't think it'll work. The level would need to be gigantic in order to feel like a Superman game should, since he can fly and all that shit, and the controls could finish up feeling clunky.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

Superman games = Kiss of death

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Ewww! Sounds good to know that their working on or gonna work on releasing a Superman game. This should be interesting.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

If I was producing a Superman game.... I would make it so that Clark can hover around a bit, and then masters the ability to fly towards the end of the game, and just make the last portion of the game, flying around in the sky or something to make up for the lack of flying throughout the game.

It can work, with a bright enough mind, but I think Rocksteady only are concerned about Batman, as a super hero of choice. Other super heroes are too risky, and it would be a shame they damage their reputation because of a complicated to begin with character. I think maybe after a batman trilogy, which is what im sure they are wanting to accomplish, they will move to making their own IP.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i wouldn't mind playing a superman game but i'd rather they make another batman game to round out a trilogy

Plat Card by Wadefan1 Avatar by Chambers35

Me & Ming @ The Stash

I love Superman, but I don't think a video game would work, for obvious reasons. Now Green Arrow on the other hand...

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

cant really say until i see some work of the project
    but why not have a superman since they have a batman right?

then we can have a wonder woman game where she gets to kick some aries ass
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Gaming since PONG !

I do believe Rocksteady already said somewhere that when they started the batman game that it was ment to be a trilogy so.. if there is gonna be a batman game i dont see it coming out for atleast 4 years

Lvl 5 - Silver

It's not made by DC but I'd really like to see a bitchin' Deadpool game

Working On:
    "Fallout: New Vegas [Ultimate Edition]" - 59%,
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,
    "Dead Storm Pirates" - 52% (3/5 S Rank)

Gotham's Reckoning

Quote Originally Posted by iToxicityHD View Post
    I'd play it, if it's as good as the Batman games.
    Same here.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by earthgeneral View Post
    i wouldn't mind playing a superman game but i'd rather they make another batman game to round out a trilogy
    Agreed. If Rocksteady was already working on the next Batman game.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast