Did I just lose my 'Meticulous Collector'?

This is a discussion on Did I just lose my 'Meticulous Collector'? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; This post is about losing a trophy due to not syncing it before resetting system to factory setting. But please ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Did I just lose my 'Meticulous Collector'?

This post is about losing a trophy due to not syncing it before resetting system to factory setting. But please read my account of the events as I think (hope) there is a way around it.

So I spent the last 6 months fervently fighting Shadow of the Colossus' Hard Time Attack mode and the trophy popped up on my TV a few days ago accompanied by a desperate scream of joy. I had gotten it along with my Platinum for the game!

But then I immediately after did something incredibly stupid. I decided that since my PS3, since 2007, had never had its hard drive properly 'cleaned up' (I have had 3 user profiles on the system and sent countless messages)- which I think contributed to that I had so few GigaBytes on my 120GB system, despite not having many downloaded games/DLC - this would be an excellent time to do it. How wrong I was.

I uploaded all my save game files (including the save I dis after 'platinuming' SoTC), and I proceeded to perform a full format, system reset. It took 8 hours.

When I booted up the system, had downloaded SoTC from PSN again and eager to play it one last time (with a white Argo!) I noticed the Platinum wasn't updated. To my horror, I noticed...

I never synced my platinum trophy with the fricking PSN cloud.

So, to emerge at my point - did I lose this forever?

After some googling, it seems like I have. If I restart the game with my save after the trophy had popped, I don't get it again.

So what do I do?

Can Playstation support help with this?
    Can I regain the trophy by just loading a save right BEFORE it popped (meaning I'd have to kill that horrible number 15 again)?
    Or do I have to play the entire game again on a new save game file?
    Or am I, to put it eloquently, simply effed?
    Last edited by Anthropognosia; 01-01-2015 at 10:28 AM.

Lvl 8 - Gold

You should be able to get it again by loading a save before the trophy popped and continuing from that point forward.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thanks for your answer mikesorrell. I do hope this is the case! A small sacrifice I'm willing to live with.

Can anyone corroborate this?

illegal in 9 countries

Trophies must be synced to the PSN for them to "exist" on anything other than your PS3, PS4 or Vita.

Wiping your HDD will destroy your local profile, including all trophies. Any trophies that weren't synced are lost forever. So you're fucked unless you have a save that is close to the Plat.

That was a complete brain-fart on your part. Lesson learnt - always sync your trophies

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Antithesis, I've got a save right before the plat, fortunately! And my deepest gratitude for reiterating the stupidity of my action - I don't feel bad enough as it is.

So 2 people agree I should be able to get it back if I play it again. I'll give it a shot and hope you two are right. Thanks.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It worked, and I got the Plat back. Thanks for your help guys.