You can still earn trophies on games with online servers shut down

This is a discussion on You can still earn trophies on games with online servers shut down within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I was sharing this info with a friend here and figured I should share with the community as well. Some ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

You can still earn trophies on games with online servers shut down

I was sharing this info with a friend here and figured I should share with the community as well. Some of you may already know about this, but for those of you that don't here is a link below on a community doing boosting online, on games that are no longer available online. I have a friend who has confirmed this works with the right set up. I am in no way trying to organize or take people away from this site but more just to inform people who may be wanting to earn those plats they no longer can earn.

XLink Kai: Evolution VII. Global Network Gaming.

Negator

Yeah, I used X-Link Kai during the PSN hack a few years back to play GTA IV online. As long as the software is supported by the OFW, you'll be able to play PS3 games online 'forever'. Thanks for the link.

Hail to the king, baby

Quote Originally Posted by JAWSxX View Post
    I was sharing this info with a friend here and figured I should share with the community as well. Some of you may already know about this, but for those of you that don't here is a link below on a community doing boosting online, on games that are no longer available online. I have a friend who has confirmed this works with the right set up. I am in no way trying to organize or take people away from this site but more just to inform people who may be wanting to earn those plats they no longer can earn.

XLink Kai: Evolution VII. Global Network Gaming.
    interesting

Harvester of Souls

This is really neat! Thanks for sharing and the link. I don't really go after too many online trophies, so I may not ever use this, but that is really useful for the ones that do, and in case I ever try to go after any other platinums involving games with the servers shut down.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 7 - Gold

It works to get Viral trophies in Borderlands 1. I know this for a fact.

Someone really needs to do a video walktrhough on setting that up though. it's not exactly obvious, nor all too simple.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Awesome info, thanks for sharing OP
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lvl 6 - Silver

Thanks for the info, I never knew about this. Anyone know how hard it is to setup/use?

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Now playing: Killzone2 (83%)

illegal in 9 countries

This only works for games that offer a peer-to-peer connection. In other words, if the publisher's server is required to play a game (player stats are stored online), this will not work, e.g. Resistance 2, Bulletstorm etc.

So don't get your hopes up - it's useful only for a small sub-set of online PS3 games like Borderlands where you can connect via LAN rather than internet. You can find the list here - http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/?go=games. It's very small at only 50 or so PS3 games and only a few of those are worth the effort.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    This only works for games that offer a peer-to-peer connection. In other words, if the publisher's server is required to play a game (player stats are stored online), this will not work, e.g. Resistance 2, Bulletstorm etc.

So don't get your hopes up - it's useful only for a small sub-set of online PS3 games like Borderlands where you can connect via LAN rather than internet. You can find the list here - XLink Kai: Evolution VII. Global Network Gaming.. It's very small at only 50 or so PS3 games and only a few of those are worth the effort.
    Interesting point you've made, ant1. Checking the list, and you're right about there not being much; however, RFG is there .

Fuck everything - let's go play that .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 7 - Gold

This is pretty awesome.

Sony won't throw a hissy fit and ban you if you use this and earn trophies in these offline games, right?

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yea no problem! I figured it could be helpful to some of you. I don't care about it myself, since I really don't even hunt trophies. My friend seems
    to really like it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post

So don't get your hopes up - it's useful only for a small sub-set of online PS3 games like Borderlands where you can connect via LAN rather than internet. You can find the list here - XLink Kai: Evolution VII. Global Network Gaming.. It's very small at only 50 or so PS3 games and only a few of those are worth the effort.
    I guess there are more games then what are on the list from what I am told.