Anyone having trouble downloading?

This is a discussion on Anyone having trouble downloading? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So lately I've been having a lot of trouble downloading content from the PS Store or from my downloads list, ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Anyone having trouble downloading?

So lately I've been having a lot of trouble downloading content from the PS Store or from my downloads list, but only on my PS3. I've been downloading a game that is 260MB on my PS3 for 2 hours now and it's only at 56MB done, yet last night on my PS4 I finished a 13.06GB download in just over 3 hours. About 4 days ago I downloaded a game that was 5688MB on my PS3 and it took almost 14 hours. Is anyone else having issues like this?

Legalize it...

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago when I dled some stuff, but it happened on PS3 & 4...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Yeah, my PS4 is downloading things with no troubles. That download that I mentioned in my OP 32 minutes ago that was at 56MB is now at 68MB. 12MB downloaded in 32 minutes

Legalize it...

Yeah at first when my speeds were slow I thought it was just from heavy traffic or something. I have Verizon FiOS with a 50/50 connection and its usually super fast so hopefully they look into it. I actually just noticed on PS4 it says Costume Quest just finished and installed and I set that to DL about 2 hours ago and its only 1GB. Yesterday when I dled Gat out of Hell which is 7GB, it was finished within an hour...
    Last edited by JDizzle0420; 19 Hours Ago at 10:14 PM.

⇜Jook With Me⇝

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    Yeah at first when my speeds were slow I thought it was just from heavy traffic or something. I have Verizon FiOS with a 50/50 connection and its usually super fast so hopefully they look into it. I actually just noticed on PS4 it says Costume Quest just finished and installed and I set that to DL about 2 hours ago and its only 1GB. Yesterday when I dled Gat out of Hell which is 7GB, it was finished within an hour...

Seems to be ok on my end according to Speed Test so its def PSN...

This guy ^^^^ really just wanted a screen capture of (faster than 91% of US)

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and make a trail.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    This guy ^^^^ really just wanted a screen capture of (faster than 91% of US)
    Lmfao nah I just wanted to make sure my stuff was running properly but that is cool lol...

Lvl 8 - Gold

it took 8 hours to download that 260MB game, and 3 minutes to install it. thats just messed up

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    it took 8 hours to download that 260MB game, and 3 minutes to install it. thats just messed up
    Lol yeah thats pretty bad. Hope it was worth the wait...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I myself haven't had any issues at any time of the day. It could also be that your hard drive is to full because I would have tons of slowdown when my 240gb hard drive had only 8 gb left. Once I upgraded to a 750 gb the problem was resolved.