Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Trophy Level Rewards?

This is a discussion on Trophy Level Rewards? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The main question here is do you think it would nice if you got rewarded for your trophy progress? I ...

Huge Gaming Backlog

Trophy Level Rewards?

The main question here is do you think it would nice if you got rewarded for your trophy progress?
    I mean it's not a chore to get trophies, we all do it for fun.
    I mean getting rewarded for certain trophy levels. When you get to certain levels you might get credits on your ps3 account to download DLCs or games.
    I'm only on level 16 and my game count is up around the 60 mark, nowhere near some other people on higher levels. Some games I've bought for cheap some have been special editions, and the average price works out to be around $60 or $70. If we're spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars a year on games a couple of free downloads shouldn't hurt anyone's back pocket.
    Of course there's the problem of who bought the game new, second hand or just rented it.
    This is NOT a whinge just an idea.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

no big company likes to give away free money. i would love to have this be put into effect but i think the closest thing to this would be free avatars or somthing small like that.

Crocodile Hunter

yeah it would be great if we could get free stuff but it will never happen, companies are too greedy.... time to call on another PSN hack i think

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 9 - Gold

It would be nice but there is a fat chance that'll happen. They're too greedy to do something like this. They implemented online passes to get more money. Now imagine them giving stuff away
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Huge Gaming Backlog

Well you guys are spot on. I suppose you don't become a billion dollar company giving stuff away.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Yeah I agree, they should give free avatar for the people who got more than 30 platinum or something.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Special titles for each 5 levels

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Horrible idea, on many levels.

Most people don't care about avatars, or themes, or things like that, so giving a crummy reward - is just that, a crummy award. I for one create my own themes or download the ones I like, and the avatars aren't anything special to begin with. Adding actual money or "credits" is just asking for further abuse of people stealing accounts, game sharing, people searching for hacks to get more trophies and other things that will actually cost them more money.

You get your trophy reward enough in having a free online gaming service available to you right out of the box. As I've said many times on this forum...

Gaming is not a right, it's a privilege.

Nobody is forcing anybody to buy any of their games, and most likely you get all the fulfillment you need from just playing those titles. No need for an added reward system when the trophies themselves should be for your own casual enjoyment to begin with.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 5 - Silver

that would be realy nice but i dont think they will give money for free/credit. all of the companies are greedy
    PERFECT PLATINUM STREAK

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

nah the system is broken anyway
    besides they already awarded you...with the trophies duh lol
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 9 - Gold

Some games give you free stuff already, albeit, not for reaching trophy levels. The levels are arbitrary. What matters is your game progress and whether you enjoyed playing. Anything beyond that is extra.
    And as long as there are groups out there who account share simply to be at the top of trophy leaderboards, I can't see free stuff for trophy levels ever being a good thing.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Maybe like a little badge or medal of some sort on the xmb ID tag would be cool.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think it would be appropriate for Sony to offer some form of reward to their users who are collecting trophies. Gamers that have a high level trophy count have obviously put a lot of time and effort into Sony's gaming system, therefore maybe some form of small reward would be adequate.

I believe it will never happen, but if they did give out an awesome theme or a few avatars hell $5 on the PSN shop that would be awesome.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Getting rewards for trophies? Why? What's the point? Gaming is for fun, i don't want a reward for it..It would make me feel like it was a job, i already have a job, I don't want another... Enjoying a game is reward enough...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Death shall be your reward.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I can't see why it would be good for a company to give away money when you gain levels but something related to Home per milestone would be interesting

Prometheus stole fire from Zeus, I'm stealing his thunder

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It'd be nice to get a free theme or avatar relating to a game you got a plat for, but trophy level rewards would be a good thing as well. Though FFXIII rewarded you with themes for certain trophies and the uplay feature on ubisoft games offer some little extra things like themes and character skins.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by rubicant81 View Post
    adding actual money or "credits" is just asking for further abuse of people stealing accounts, game sharing, people searching for hacks to get more trophies and other things that will actually cost them more money.

You get your trophy reward enough in having a free online gaming service available to you right out of the box. As i've said many times on this forum...
    ^^^this^^^
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

A plat a month!

The rewards that you get for playing games to completion are called TROPHIES! That is the reward.

PRO Member

And the satisfaction

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast